Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of my 2nd build....  (Read 1640 times)

aldub516

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2018, 03:32:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of my 2nd build....
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:35:34 pm »
Hello and thanks all for looking! Ive been here for quite awhile now, and while I do ask and get a lot of help, if failed to update some of my projects so you fine people can see the results.. So todays post is for my 2nd ever build. It was meant to be a bartop arcade, and i basically just drew a random shape and went with it. Basically winged it. Now originally it was for my girlfriend at the time who loved spongebob, so you will see its original birth as a sponge bob themed arcade which i think came out great. After that our relationship ended up like most old arcades, worn out and in the garbage for other people to take... And thus became the transformation into a new cabinet. I stripped it down and re did it. It was for my tattoo artist. A few things to note, any and all defects, problems, or things that dont look great, im fully aware of. It was an amateur build, especially compared to my pedestal after that. Everything was basically thrown together at the end to finally just get rid of it. I feel like i achieved a pretty damn clean and nice machine for the given circumstances. The only thing im not crazy about is my pc mounting in the back. I have refined that method by a million, but this one looks rough. I tried the method of keeping it half in the case and cutting out what i dont need. Regardless of my rant, i present to you a bunch of pictures and the rise, fall and rebirth of my 2nd mame machine ever. Thank you for looking! It appears for one reason or another i dont have a picture of the spongebob fully down with all artwork installed at once, but in seperate pictures you can see the eventual marquee, bezel and cp art.

image hosting 10mb limit

AND THEN THE TRANSFORMATION. Not many pics of the change because it was basically just paint and new artwork/buttons.. Looking at it now, im pretty proud of the end result. I wish i know half of what i know now, then. But here ya go guys! My 2nd build.. The others are to come soon

pic host