Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: List of Network multiplayer capable games for twin converted cabs etc  (Read 79258 times)

trick72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:20:55 am
Re: List of Network multiplayer capable games for twin converted cabs etc
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2023, 12:29:20 pm »
Is anyone able to run Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 via Teknoparrot linked in a LAN? I don't need bananapass support or anything, just a local 2 player match on both of my cabs would be fine. Can this be done?

Hydreigon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2023, 09:57:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2023, 12:43:22 pm »
Someone should add Thrill Drive 3 to the list of working multiplayer network games. The way you network this is the same as networking other PS2 games with PCSX2's network adapter (be sure to enter test mode and change the network ID for other instances/machines).

This game is also known for having rather bad netcode to the point other player cars tend to jump at random (at least on actual Thrill Drive 3 cabs). It may or may not happen in emulation (if not, then this may be the best way to play multiplayer Thrill Drive 3).

Decided to attach some old screenshots of me running two instances of PCSX2 on one PC connected via a bridged TAP adapter.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 12:50:22 pm by Hydreigon »

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2023, 04:01:17 am »
Are you talking Arcade version or PS2?

Hydreigon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2023, 09:57:11 pm
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2023, 06:30:51 pm »
Short answer: Arcade because there was never a PS2 port to begin with.

Long answer: Thrill Drive 3, running on Konami Python 2, uses a stock SCPH-50000 MB/NH PS2 and official network adapter. Because PCSX2 has LAN support using the network adapter and Python 2 USB support was advancing well, I asked myself if it was possible to link up Thrill Drive 3 (let alone a hacked version) in PCSX2 the same way you'd link other PS2 games with ethernet LAN multiplayer. Unsurprisingly, it worked.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2023, 06:54:40 pm »

Medium answer: There's a special fork of PCSX2 that works with Konami Python 1/2, Konami Bemani Python games, and the Namco System 246 games, which were based off PlayStation 2 hardware. If you Google "pcsx2 python2 fork" the very first link should take you to somewhere to download it.

holmes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 05:42:06 pm
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2023, 03:32:05 pm »
Hi,

I just successfully set up Burnout 3 TakeDown, with  Pcsx2. I have a HD texture pack + patched the game to be compatible with the revived online servers.
My G29 are supported by the emulator. After set up, you can create two accounts (one for each PC) and play one against the other. Tested myself. Really cool!

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:12:57 am
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2023, 04:02:48 pm »
Hi,

I just successfully set up Burnout 3 TakeDown, with  Pcsx2. I have a HD texture pack + patched the game to be compatible with the revived online servers.
My G29 are supported by the emulator. After set up, you can create two accounts (one for each PC) and play one against the other. Tested myself. Really cool!

Thats awesome.  thanks for the update!

I was just debating on trying to get some PS2 games working on my cabinets.

holmes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 05:42:06 pm
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2024, 03:27:50 pm »
Sega Dirt Showdown works with TeknoParrot.
I edited the ini files, adding my IP adresses and giving a different ID for each cabinet. It worked at first try so I do not know whether the IP adresses were really necessary.
I am a bit disappointed with the game using my G29 wheel. FFB effects are mainly rumble there is not a strong feeling of driving.