Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Universal Console Dashboard Project.  (Read 13713 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Universal Console Dashboard Project.
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2014, 06:38:18 pm »
tempinput.S

No you can't hide it. 

Turn on "background input" in the FCEUX options.

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2014, 05:00:38 pm »
That worked, thanks much!

garwil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2022, 12:52:30 pm
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:59 am »
Just wanted to say this looks awesome! I'm hoping to build a HTPC at some point, running a few classic console games (got some USB SNES adapters and a couple of original controllers ready to go) and this is just the sort of thing I need. Don't want to have to dig out a keyboard and mouse! Thanks dude.

bleasby

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2023, 03:25:00 am
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2014, 02:44:58 pm »
This project came to my attention just now.

First of all, congratulations on your project. As usual you are always doing high quality stuff for the community and we have to thank you for that.

I read this thread today and I though that I should give some explanations about some comments made here just to give to any reader all the info possible.

I one of the developers behind the HyperPause feature on HyperLaunch, so just to answer a few comments,

...namely Hyperpause; If I understand your concept correctly it's pretty similar(albeit Hyperspin-only).

HyperPause is not for Hyperspin-only. HyperPause is part of HyperLaunch and from version 3 and above, we made sure that it could be used on any frontend that you like.

We tested it on GAMEEX, xbmc, 3darcade and romcollectionbrowser. It will work with anything that can send it CLI. You just need to call the HyperLaunch command line in the place of the emulator command line.

Hyperpause, with all due respect is the most convoluted way you could possibly do it.  I'm not a fan at all.  Much respect to whoever decided to tackle that one, but I've tried making various external methods over the years.  They never work and when they do it's so convoluted that nobody will bother anyway.

HyperPause always had as aim to support all HyperLaunch supported emulators (that some more than 120 supported emulators right now). That is indeed a big task.

I have to agree that on its initial release the HyperPause had more limited support, but we are in a continuous update work, and right now we support more than 100 emulators without issues with HyperPause. If you follow the necessary instructions (that are basically just keep your HyperLaunch install up to date), things will work flawless for you.

A lot, but a lot of persons do use it and can attest for its stability. I am saying more than 10,000 downloads were made of the program, and we tried to help on all problems or doubts that emerged on the support forums. So I think that the comment above was a little strong, specially on the part referring that nobody would bother.

That is all that I wanted to clarify. It was not my intent to hijack your tread, but I got the feeling that I should answer to some incomplete information provided.

Anyway, as I am one of that crazy OCD guys, I will also make sure to install your dashboard solution and give it a shot. More is always better, and for certainly it can live together with HyperPause in my setup. Also, who knows until ere you will reach with it.

I am really excited to see new ideas on the integration of such features and you certainly did a very visually pleasant job on this one.

Thanks for this extra feature.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2014, 05:45:27 pm »
If I offended you I sincerely apologize.  That's about all I can do on that one. 

Just for the record though, you guys need to quit naming your stuff "hyper____" if you want people to use it with anything other than hyperspin.  ;)

bleasby

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2023, 03:25:00 am
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2014, 07:10:21 pm »
If I offended you I sincerely apologize.  That's about all I can do on that one. 

Just for the record though, you guys need to quit naming your stuff "hyper____" if you want people to use it with anything other than hyperspin.  ;)

;D Yeah, I know about the name thing. It more or less pursues us. Sometimes for good and sometimes for bad. But as the program began as part of HyperSpin we never took the decision to pull it out entirely from its origins.

By the way, I am not offended at all. Just giving some additional info to avoid confusion on any users that doesn't know our contributions also, nothing more.