Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

Do you find colors vary from LED to LED (of the same brand and type)?

No.
2 (33.3%)
Yes, but not enough to bother me.
2 (33.3%)
Yes, and a calibration feature in LEDBlinky would be useful.
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: LED Calibration option in LEDBlinky? Poll  (Read 871 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
LED Calibration option in LEDBlinky? Poll
« on: March 01, 2014, 03:53:48 pm »
Hi All,
I've been considering adding a calibration feature to LEDBlinky which would allow adding a plus/minus offset to each LED port. Doing so would add additional logic when lighting each LED. I try to keep the process as fast as possible so I don't want to add the logic unless there is a need.

Thanks,
arzoo
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:58:23 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: LED Calibration option in LEDBlinky? Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:47:36 pm »
Nope, never ran into this issue, even across different LED types and "brands". I'm using 2 PACLED64s to control 26 RGB button LEDs and 12 RGB NephRing LEDs, and also an LED-Wiz to control about 3.5 meters of RGB LED strips for cabinet lighting.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:49:43 pm by Nephasth »

Gatt

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2020, 08:24:38 pm
Re: LED Calibration option in LEDBlinky? Poll
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:48:40 am »
My LED's have a significant amount of variance.  I have a set of GGG Electric Ice 2's with RGB,  some colors are fine while others are way off in relation to each other.  When set to White (The worst color for my LEDs),  some are showing white,  some purplish,  and one shows pinkish.  Other light colors like yellow are off as well. 

Another idea you might want to consider,  don't know how feasible it is:  Perhaps a utility that gives you a slider,  and lets you set each color by sliding it and hitting "Set".  The slider would just change the intensity values for each RGB channel as it is slid.  Tweaking the default values is a bit time consuming,  I tried to reset Orange and Brown a couple of weeks ago and resorted to tweaking values,  relaunching LEDWiz,  then finding a game that had Orange or Brown buttons and launching it,  and repeating until I found a setting I liked.  Colors are subject to variance between LED sets,  and user's vision,  so IMO it would be a really nice feature.