Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Embarrassing Problem  (Read 1746 times)

IronStrike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2018, 07:32:24 pm
Embarrassing Problem
« on: January 31, 2018, 11:48:42 pm »
Its been years since I purchased what I needed to make an arcade cabinet. Today I actually have time to muddle around and I had a Daisy Chain Ground harness that came with an Ultimarc purchase I made. 

Well...I put one end on the microswitch connector and when I went to remove it, it was stuck.  I don't want to pull to hard and rip it. So my embarrassing question is, how do I remove it without damaging the wires?

Feel free to laugh at me :(

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:58:18 pm »
Grab the metal of the connector with some sort of clamping tool and pull it out that way. Don't pull it by the wire.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

IronStrike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2018, 07:32:24 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 12:04:00 am »
Grab the metal of the connector with some sort of clamping tool and pull it out that way. Don't pull it by the wire.

Worked, ruined the switch though haha thanks :)

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 12:17:32 am »

Worked, ruined the switch though haha thanks :)

A bit late at this point - but if it is that tight you can use a small nail or similar to insert in the rounded part of the connector to lift it up and loosen the connection before pulling !