Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: About to begin build of Skee-ball machine; one question  (Read 1672 times)

Coconuts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 04:45:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
About to begin build of Skee-ball machine; one question
« on: January 12, 2014, 04:40:23 pm »
Right after an upcoming trip, I will begin building a Skee-ball machine.  I know this has been done before, and will be again, but I am throwing my hat in the ring as well.  I was born and raised a block from the beach and boardwalk in Atlantic City, so arcades and a keen appreciation for Skee-ball in particular is pretty deeply ingrained.  I will use a Raspberry Pi to control everything, and already have library routines writing to a smaller four digit, seven segment display.  I have three 4" high seven segment LEDs for the score, and a single 2.5" for "Balls Played".  I found and purchased an original Skee-ball marquee on eBay, along with nine real Skee-ball balls, and have just finished making the ball target chutes from a variety of sizes of PVC pipe.  I also bought 4" x 1/4" UHMW poly strips for the big hoops, and a roll of 24" wide x 1/4" thick cork roll for the playing surface, and seven IR object detectors to record the balls as they go through the chutes.  I even found a place that sell bright yellow 1/8" thick plastic for the trim.  The primary structural element will be a 28" x 81" hollow core door. and everything will knock down to allow it to be brought to events.  I will begin the large wood pieces in the first week of February.  My one question is the angle of the target plate; from drawings that I have seen, this appears to be 38 degrees, but if anyone could confirm or correct this, that would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Kevin

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:22:10 am
  • <insert personal text here>
Re: About to begin build of Skee-ball machine; one question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 11:11:06 pm »
Kev, welcome to the boards!