Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Injustice: Gods Among Us - keyboard control and other issues  (Read 76213 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - keyboard control and other issues
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2014, 02:08:29 pm »
Injustice is on sale at greenmangaming for $12.49 (+ will receive a $2 GMG credit)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-na/

Headkaze's vjoy seems to be the only workaround for the controls at the moment.

TheManuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2014, 02:42:23 pm »
It always pays to wait with PC games.  I paid 19.99 in Dec.

I'm still getting by with the clunky trick I describe above for activating vjoy when needed and de-activating when playing games that use the x360 pad hack to avoid interference.
"The Manuel"

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2014, 11:15:41 pm »
Yes, Yes, Yes!

Now, is it easy to get it to work?  Even at $12.5?

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2014, 08:51:06 pm »
Have you guys seen this?
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137947.msg1424426.html#msg1424426

Perhaps we can use it to get xz360ce to work with Injustice and other Xbox 360 games?

Thoughts?

DeLuSioNaL29
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:58:56 pm by DeLuSioNal29 »
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2014, 09:15:14 pm »
I had not seen that, as I've been a bit on the sidelines due to additional responsibility at work but it looks promising.
I'll wait to see what monkee can do with it.

Thanks for the heads-up.
"The Manuel"

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2014, 02:59:07 am »
aside from all the pain in the ass it is to get the controller to work, is this game worth it? I like sf4 and sfvstk but i dont know if I can justify the HDD space because this game is huge(i got a small hdd in my cabinet) how does it compare to the other games?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2014, 03:12:27 am »
People seem to be on the fence with it.  It's certainly more of a "casual" game than MK.  The 4 button control scheme is also an odd choice from the founders of Mortal Kombat, especially considering one of those buttons is "wasted" on a special attack.  Many cite the change as a way to make it easier to introduce the game to non-fighting game fans, and that is kind of a problem if you are a fighting game fan.  Sort of a Smash Bros. scenario if you ask me. 

It's by no means a bad game, NRS always tries to pack as much fun in as they can.  Let's put it this way though.  It should be apparent how much of a MK fan I am... just look at my avatar.  ;)  Yet I don't own the game yet.

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2014, 10:35:22 am »
I find the game to be an awful lot of fun and I fully agree with Howard on the casual aspect of it.  However, unless you are a high level fighting game enthusiast (which I'm not), I doubt you'll be put off by the technical shortcomings of the game compared to more refined "competition" type games like SFIV.  Instead you'll likely enjoy the pummeling your friends around and subjecting them to the preposterous special attacks each character has, like superman punching somebody into orbit and them hammering them back down to earth.  This game as with any fighter, is best enjoyed with friends in a party type atmosphere. 

My only knock on the game, besides the controls setup issues, is the MK-like blood and wounds the characters incur over the course of the fight.  To me, it just jive well with the overall juvenile atmosphere of a superhero fighting game.  On the other hand, it does make sense in the context of the story mode which is a bit darker than the standard superhero fare (e.g., Superman laser-lobotomizing Shazam).

This game requires a minimum of 4 buttons, as all other functions can be accomplished by combinations of those but I would argue that to comfortably use all the other functions, you really need 6 buttons, or you'll find yourself playing twister with your fingers.  There is an excellent guide on button layout alternatives for the game here.

I recommend a hard drive upgrade and getting this game, if you the cab with friends, with any frequency, especially if have some affinity for the DC characters.  I watch old episodes of Justice League with my kids so buying this game was a no-brainer for me.  If you do the upgrade, you should also check out MKKE, while you're at it.  Both games can be had for very cheap these days.
"The Manuel"

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »
Keep in mind that a lot more games are leaning towards xbox 360 controllers.  Once this workaround is found for this game, it opens up doors for other games.

I hear that the new Strider has the same issue...

DeLuSioNaL29

SegaOutrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 03:02:05 am
  • Brakes are overrated
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2014, 01:32:49 am »
thanks for the input. Im even more on the fence now that its not a standard 6 button game like street fighter. I find 4 button games weird, including KOF( blasphemy I know) :o

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2014, 03:07:26 am »
It's not blasphemy at all.  I was asked to work on a indie fighting game due to my extensive MKKE hacks.  After I found out it was a 4 button fighter and that it was going to use a blaz-blue style control scheme and I reluctantly declined. 

In the beginning there was darkness... and then Capcom created Street Fighter... and it was good.
Then Midway created Mortal Kombat, and it was also good.  Killer Instinct came... and it was "meh" but acceptably fun.

But after that 30+ companies came out of the woodwork that wouldn't know how to make a SF-based fighter if Capcom gave them the source code. 

6 buttons certainly isn't required, but two or more high attack and two or more low attack buttons are. In other words two rows of buttons... not all the buttons in one row.

I also find MK's controls to be superior due to a dedicated block button.  It's nice to be able to jump forward and block at the same time. 

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2014, 12:54:27 pm »
Can you actually air block in MK?  I've never tried it.  You could air block in some older SF games (alpha) but not air blocking is more of a design decision than a limitation of not having a block button, i.e., you can jump forward and hold back to block.

I agree with the inline button scheme being cumbersome but I've found it works fine for Soul Calibur.  Now, hitting A and B simultaneously with your thumb and index finger in Samurai Shodown is very clunky.  I'm rather used to it after playing samsho2 countless times, and I still hit a medium or light attack instead of heavy every once in a while.
"The Manuel"

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2014, 01:02:55 pm »
Eh sorta... it varies from game to game.  With most characters you'll cancel any air attack and grab your opponent.  What I meant though is that you can be jumping forward while holding block and when you land you'll be holding block.  So you can go TOWARDS a special move while still defending yourself. 

SFs system is incredibly awkward because if your opponent happens to lay off you'll start moving backwards.

crossbred900

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2021, 04:13:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2014, 12:49:26 pm »
Does anybody have a list of which buttons, in vjoy, correspond to which default commands in Injustice? I'm trying to help a guy on a forum for gamers with disabilities that uses a combination of non-keyboard non-360 inputs, autohotkey, and voice activated commands. He actually got frustrated and gave up on this game months ago, so I'm trying to cut down as much trial and error for him as possible.                                                                       

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2014, 01:09:42 pm »
Does anybody have a list of which buttons, in vjoy, correspond to which default commands in Injustice? I'm trying to help a guy on a forum for gamers with disabilities that uses a combination of non-keyboard non-360 inputs, autohotkey, and voice activated commands. He actually got frustrated and gave up on this game months ago, so I'm trying to cut down as much trial and error for him as possible.                                                                       

From an earlier post:

The virtual direct input joystick in vjoy should correspond to the dinput column.
In case you haven't read back through the thread, the navigation keys are always the default regardless of what you map anything to.  :angry:

I don't blame him for giving up on it.  I ended up converting my cab to hacked xbox360 pads because of this damn game.
(well, they're hacked and in the cab, but my controls are still hooked up to the keyboard encoder for now)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:12:59 pm by BadMouth »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2014, 01:17:42 pm »
One other bump in the road is that vjoy cannot block keys in windows Vista or newer, so the game will see both the gamepad input and key input.
That usually only comes into play with the navigation keys, but might cause issues in the quicktime events in story mode as well.

I haven't checked up on this game for a while.  I assume there hasn't been a patch to fix the controls?

crossbred900

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2021, 04:13:49 pm
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2014, 01:36:32 pm »
The virtual direct input joystick in vjoy should correspond to the dinput column.
In case you haven't read back through the thread, the navigation keys are always the default regardless of what you map anything to.  :angry:

I don't blame him for giving up on it.  I ended up converting my cab to hacked xbox360 pads because of this damn game.
(well, they're hacked and in the cab, but my controls are still hooked up to the keyboard encoder for now)
Thanks. I did read the last few pages. It's a shame some games are getting less accessible when it should be the opposite.

One other bump in the road is that vjoy cannot block keys in windows Vista or newer, so the game will see both the gamepad input and key input.
That usually only comes into play with the navigation keys, but might cause issues in the quicktime events in story mode as well.

I haven't checked up on this game for a while.  I assume there hasn't been a patch to fix the controls?
So he should just avoid using WASD, G and J in vjoy? Running vjoy as administrator still doesn't block keys? I don't know if there has been an update. I "acquired" an older version that can't be updated.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2014, 07:23:07 pm »
I've only just skimmed this thread but I'm trying to get Injustice as well as Street Fighter X Tekken working on my new machine.

I'm using a JPAC output so I can plug into the original unmodified JAMMA setup of my original cab...

is Vjoy the best option for getting P2 controls to work or is there some other setup that will work better for my setup?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2014, 08:17:59 pm »
So he should just avoid using WASD, G and J in vjoy? Running vjoy as administrator still doesn't block keys? I don't know if there has been an update. I "acquired" an older version that can't be updated.

It could avoid some issues, but I can't tell you for sure it's necessary since I haven't used vjoy in my setup.

Headkaze's vjoy can't block keys in Vista or newer regardless of whether it is ran as administrator or not.
http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy 

There is another vjoy out there (vJoy) by some other author who refuses to change the name despite headkaze's program predating it.
I have no idea about that one.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2014, 08:20:36 pm »
I've only just skimmed this thread but I'm trying to get Injustice as well as Street Fighter X Tekken working on my new machine.

I'm using a JPAC output so I can plug into the original unmodified JAMMA setup of my original cab...

is Vjoy the best option for getting P2 controls to work or is there some other setup that will work better for my setup?

Your options are to reprogram the JPAC to match the default key setup for this game, or use vjoy.
That's it.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2014, 09:53:04 pm »

Your options are to reprogram the JPAC to match the default key setup for this game, or use vjoy.
That's it.

What about Street Fighter x Tekken? I believe that game is similar to SF4 where only 1 player can use the keyboard and they want player 2 to be on a separate device.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2014, 12:57:56 pm »
What about Street Fighter x Tekken? I believe that game is similar to SF4 where only 1 player can use the keyboard and they want player 2 to be on a separate device.

See the SSFIV thread stickied at the top of this forum.
Search the thread until you find the proper settings for SFxTekken.
That fix has been the best solution for all fighting games thus far......it just doesn't work on Injustice.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2014, 11:47:59 am »
Hi all,

Was doing some Google-ing on this and found some interesting info where a guy has a hack that may or may not work for us.  (I have to test it when I get home).  He is using PS2 controllers with a USB adapter and x360ce with the PC version of Injustice.

There's a Youtube video of it showing the Playstation buttons icons during gameplay.  He claims he's using x360ce as well...

Here's what he wrote in the description:
Install:
Copy the "ui_c_buttonLib.xxx" file to "InjusticeGodsAmongUs_UltimateEdition\Di­scContentPC\Assets"Folder
Make sure you made a backup of original file.

You can download the mod here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ttNhXSRa!e8S9s17...
or
http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/6019583...

Only works,with "x360ce" emulator!
You can download here:
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downl...

I use these:
Ps2 Controller
x360ce - XBOX 360 Controller Emulator
Twin USB - 2 PS II To PC USB Game Converter Adapter

What do you guys think?

D

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2014, 08:11:53 am »
Null
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:28:07 am by Generic Eric »

spratkobasa

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2019, 09:10:43 am
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2014, 07:08:19 pm »
Is vjoy hyperlaunch friendly if you are already using xpadder for other PC games on your PC Wheel?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2014, 09:25:35 pm »
Is vjoy hyperlaunch friendly if you are already using xpadder for other PC games on your PC Wheel?

if you are using xpadder, then don't your controls already show up as gamepads?
No need to run vjoy if that is the case.

spratkobasa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2014, 03:17:39 pm »
Xpadder coverts joystick to keyboard presses. This helps me only with my direction u360 joys. It doesn't help me with my buttons as they are hooked to an ipac. So xpadder doesn't help me here I think. (I could be totally wrong but let me know )
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:33:59 pm by spratkobasa »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2014, 09:01:12 am »
Xpadder coverts joystick to keyboard presses. This helps me only with my direction u360 joys. It doesn't help me with my buttons as they are hooked to an ipac. So xpadder doesn't help me here I think. (I could be totally wrong but let me know )

No, it wouldn't help.  I just thought if you were using it, then that meant your controls showed up as a joystick natively, in which case they should just work with the game as-is.
I didn't consider the option of them being split between a u360 and ipac.

I don't think only using vjoy would help in your case since the game is only going to allow one controller per player and I don't think vjoy will allow you to map the u360 for the directions.  So you'd end up with the joystick being on one controller, then your buttons on the virtual controller.

GlovePie might work to combine the u360 and keyboard encoder into virtual gamepads, but you'd have to write the scripts yourself.  I don't have any experience with it.

Or, you could use the button inputs on the u360s and remap everything else on your system.
I ended up switching to hacked xbox fightpads so the steam games would be pretty much plug and play.
(I still have to hook them up and remap everything else on my cab  :-\  )
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:03:23 am by BadMouth »

spratkobasa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2014, 10:34:39 pm »
BadMouth, your post makes me sad :(.  using glovepie with unsigned drivers has been a pain in my butt for so long.  It never wants to work right on my system.  Good thing I got this game for only 7 bucks otherwise I would be even more pissed.

xul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 03:07:56 pm
  • Toasty!
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2015, 03:01:55 pm »
Here is the AHK script I am using to enable vjoy when playing Injustice and to disable it when playing PC games that use the xbox pad hack, like SFIV/AE and MKKE:

To enable vjoy:
FileMove, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\vjoy_renamed.sys, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\vjoy.sys
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\VJoy\VJoy.exe -file "D:\PC\Injustice - Gods Among Us UE\VJoy.ini"

To disable vjoy:
FileMove, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\vjoy.sys, C:\Windows\System32\drivers\vjoy_renamed.sys

Notes:
- Obviously change the drive letter above to match your setup and provide the correct location of your vjoy in file
- The script will not stop with error if the file already has the target name and thus can't find it, it will simply work
- In order to enable vjoy after renaming vjoy.sys, vjoy has to be restarted.  Since I always close the vjoy process at the end of the Injustice script, this is not a problem for me but if you always have vjoy enabled, this won't work

Here is the code to close the vjoy process:
Process, Close, vjoy.exe

Best regards.

Appreciate this info as it looks like it's my solution for Injustice and Mortal Kombat X but...

What is the script to have AHK open vjoy and the profile, then close vjoy when the game exits?  Having this template with vjoy would be perfect!

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2015, 04:37:08 pm »
I will post my script tonight. It's quite simple but you'll spend some time configuring the controls for your own setup.  Keep in mind that with Windows 7, VJoy cannot block system keyboard inputs so if some of your buttons are mapped to keyboard keys that have a function in the game, there will be conflicts.
"The Manuel"

xul

• Offline Offline
  • Toasty!
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2015, 12:54:12 am »
Bump for the AHK scipts  >:D :applaud: 8)

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2015, 05:37:08 pm »
I'm so sorry for not giving you this before.  I've been busy in regular life and not too involved with the arcade side of my computer since started using it as a platform for playing PC games.

At any rate, below is the AHK code I use to launch Injustice with joystick to keyboard mapping using VJOY.
Notice that I use devcon to disable the vjoy driver when not playing Injustice.  This is because vjoy used to interfere with my setup for SFIV games and others.  If that is the case for you as well, devcon is a utility that is part of the Windows Driver Kit 7.1 and can be extracted using Universal Extractor.  There are guides online on how to do this or you can PM me and I'll send it to you if you prefer.  Just run your antivirus on it before you use it, just in case.  The kit came directly from the MS website but you shouldn't trust exe files shared online by other people.

Let me know if you run into problems.

Code: [Select]
#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

SetBatchLines -1

MouseMove, 0, 0, 0

Run, D:\Other Files\Non-Gaming Software\devcon.exe enable "HID\VJoy&Col01" "HID\VJoy&Col02"
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\VJoy\VJoy.exe -file "D:\PC\Injustice - Gods Among Us UE\VJoy.ini"

Run, D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\InjusticeGodsAmongUs_UltimateEdition\DiscContentPCG\Injustice.exe

Process, WaitClose, Injustice.exe

ESC::
  Process, Close, Injustice.exe
  Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\VJoy\VJoy.exe -exit
  Run, D:\Other Files\Non-Gaming Software\devcon.exe disable "HID\VJoy&Col01" "HID\VJoy&Col02"
  ExitAPP
return
"The Manuel"

xul

• Offline Offline
  • Toasty!
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2015, 08:54:50 am »
I'm so sorry for not giving you this before.  I've been busy in regular life and not too involved with the arcade side of my computer since started using it as a platform for playing PC games.

At any rate, below is the AHK code I use to launch Injustice with joystick to keyboard mapping using VJOY.
Notice that I use devcon to disable the vjoy driver when not playing Injustice.  This is because vjoy used to interfere with my setup for SFIV games and others.  If that is the case for you as well, devcon is a utility that is part of the Windows Driver Kit 7.1 and can be extracted using Universal Extractor.  There are guides online on how to do this or you can PM me and I'll send it to you if you prefer.  Just run your antivirus on it before you use it, just in case.  The kit came directly from the MS website but you shouldn't trust exe files shared online by other people.

Let me know if you run into problems.

Code: [Select]
#NoEnv
SendMode Input
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

SetBatchLines -1

MouseMove, 0, 0, 0

Run, D:\Other Files\Non-Gaming Software\devcon.exe enable "HID\VJoy&Col01" "HID\VJoy&Col02"

Run, D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\InjusticeGodsAmongUs_UltimateEdition\DiscContentPCG\Injustice.exe

Process, WaitClose, Injustice.exe

ESC::
  Process, Close, Injustice.exe
  Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\VJoy\VJoy.exe -exit
  Run, D:\Other Files\Non-Gaming Software\devcon.exe disable "HID\VJoy&Col01" "HID\VJoy&Col02"
  ExitAPP
return

Awesome - Thank you The Manuel.  I am traveling right now but will give it a shot this coming weekend.  I have been having AHK problems with the version of HyperLaunch (havent updated to RocketLauncher yet) but hoping this will work.  Great stuff! :applaud:

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2015, 09:19:22 am »
No problem.  I ended up having to use custom scripts for most games and emulators when I was using the old version of Hyperlaunch.  I never got to migrate to the new one from a couple of years ago that works as a standalone app.

If you implement this, launch SFIV or SSFIVA and check if controls are working the way they are supposed to, after having used Injustice once with this script.
"The Manuel"

xul

• Offline Offline
  • Toasty!
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2015, 05:19:01 pm »
I got it to work after upgrading to RocketLauncher (which fixed AHK for me) and I omitted the portion of killing the vjoy process.  So far so good.  This works like a champ!
Finally!!!! :applaud: :cheers: :afro: :burgerking: :burgerking:

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2015, 11:53:13 am »
That is good to hear.
Game on!
"The Manuel"

vaderag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 05:11:02 am
  • Building my own cab :)
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2022, 08:34:06 am »

From an earlier post:

Sorry to reawaken this thread but I'm actually in exactly the same situation... trying to get Injustice working with my Ultimarc Ultimate IO
I have vJoy set up with a virtual joystick, and I have AntimicroX (Joy2Key replacement)
I think they both need to work together... but am I right in thinking that I also need some other program?

The situation I'm in at the moment is that I seem to have the opposite of what I need going on - the Joystick will send Keys, but what I really need is Keys to send Joystick...

I'm thinking I must need some other program to make the keys send the joystick and then the joystick will send different keys

Or am I just barking?! My head is hurting just thinking about it lol