Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Getting the right position for monitor mount  (Read 1485 times)

zobook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2019, 12:34:43 pm
Getting the right position for monitor mount
« on: August 08, 2017, 01:27:12 pm »
Hi, i think i can finally start to "seriously" plan my cabinet. I decide to go for a scaled down upright cabinet (to fit a small kid and a small room).
I will be using a computer LCD with no base, fixed to a MDF board (has a 75x75 vesa mount).

The problem i never realize before is how to find the right position for the LCD, let's say already have a side template, the size and angle of the CP and the angle of the monitor. How to determine where to fix it? Should I made the CP first, test fit the glass to desired angle and then freehand adjust the LCD so the front of it is parallel to the glass and correctly center on the marquee?

I know i could make the marquee after fixing the monitor (can throw a couple of cheap cardboard test) but the LCD must be parallel to the glass and it should rest exactly on the upper border of the CP. Even if the marquee and the glass are not parallel, the should converge to the same point right? And that can be tricky too.

I hope my english and my words are clear enough.

Thanks.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Getting the right position for monitor mount
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 04:51:45 pm »
I have always mounted my monitors last.

Once everything else is done I place the monitor and line it up as required then fix it in position.

zobook

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2019, 12:34:43 pm
Re: Getting the right position for monitor mount
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:29:44 am »
Thanks you! Luckily, LCDs are way lighter than CRTs.