Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: THE ARCADE SHOP at GAMEROOM DESIGNS - Arcade Systems, Kits, Parts & Accessories  (Read 246101 times)

Rick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
Not sure if this was asked already, but if not this would certainly be good info for anyone interested: What will be included in the bar-top kits? I'm assuming all the flat pack panels and not much else, but if including any hardware what will that consist of? Otherwise any recommendations on hardware? Also, if not including any plexi for the marquee and bezel, what dimensions would we need to cut/order from elsewhere?

Each package will come with the cut pieces, and I'm still working on planning marquees and plexi pricing at the moment.

Over the past few days, I have been working on various image packages that will accompany each of the orders. I have created Photoshop images of the sides, admin and control panels of all current offerings. You will find a sample of them attached, and the specific required files will be forwarded via e-mail to those who purchase the various packages.

I'm certainly interested in a contender with blank control/admin panels, but the plexi dimensions would be helpful for lining up any custom artwork I had in mind.

From my designs, here are the measurements of each of the packages:

CONTENDER - Marquee Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 5" Tall (20" x 5" Viewable Area) - Plexi Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 13.16" Tall (20" x 13.16" Viewable Area)

CUBIC - Marquee Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 5" Tall (20" x 5" Viewable Area) - Plexi Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 15.90" Tall (20" x 15.90" Viewable Area)

GALAXY - Marquee Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 5" Tall (20" x 5" Viewable Area) - Plexi Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 15.90" Tall (20" x 15.90" Viewable Area)

THUNDER - Marquee Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 5" Tall (20" x 5" Viewable Area) - Plexi Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 15.75" Tall (20" x 15.75" Viewable Area)

TITAN - Marquee Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 5" Tall (20" x 5" Viewable Area) - Plexi Measurement: 20.5" Wide x 14.40" Tall (20" x 14.40" Viewable Area)

There are slots cut into the sides of each bartop to accommodate the marquees and plexi, which are 1/4" wide and 1/4" deep.

Can't wait for the eventual "parts are not cut" inventory picture.

I'm not sure what that is, but I'm sorry - I don't have a picture for you.

:D

TKW4rr10r

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2017, 01:10:01 pm
  • Oh no, he's holding power tools!
    • What I'm selling / looking for:

Can't wait for the eventual "parts are not cut" inventory picture.

I'm not sure what that is, but I'm sorry - I don't have a picture for you.

Whoops, that was meant to be a "now" not a "not". As in, the shots HaRuMaN usually posts when he has everything back from the CNC shop all cut and in neat little piles ready to be shipped out.

Future Projects: Galaxian Anniversary, Mario VS DK, Rebirth
What I'm selling / looking for

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Yeah, Rick, why can't you be more like me? ;-)

Rick

• Offline Offline
Whoops, that was meant to be a "now" not a "not". As in, the shots HaRuMaN usually posts when he has everything back from the CNC shop all cut and in neat little piles ready to be shipped out.

Ahhhh. Gotcha. I'm hoping to show those pictures on Tuesday.

Rick

• Offline Offline
Yeah, Rick, why can't you be more like me? ;-)

Well, I was going to offer delivery that takes 4 days to arrive, but I didn't want to make my customers wait twice as long!

;)

mike boss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
Hey Rick I shared these over on cgcc.
It's a local forum with a ton of Ontario guys and thought perhaps they'd love to see your cabinets.
Here is the link : http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25738

Looking forward to taking a look at the Nintendo inspired cabinet in person.

Rick

• Offline Offline
Hey Rick I shared these over on cgcc. It's a local forum with a ton of Ontario guys and thought perhaps they'd love to see your cabinets. Here is the link : http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25738

Hey, thanks a lot! I did apply for the site, and received a message saying "wait for an admin to authorize you", but haven't heard back yet. (So if you have any pull with the admins, let me know!)

To answer the question on that site, my designs should support up to a 19" LCD monitor. (I designed them around my Samsung 19" 4:3 LCD, so they should be good with standard 4:3's and even widescreen versions.)

mike boss

• Offline Offline
Hey Rick I shared these over on cgcc. It's a local forum with a ton of Ontario guys and thought perhaps they'd love to see your cabinets. Here is the link : http://www.cgcc.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25738

Hey, thanks a lot! I did apply for the site, and received a message saying "wait for an admin to authorize you", but haven't heard back yet. (So if you have any pull with the admins, let me know!)

To answer the question on that site, my designs should support up to a 19" LCD monitor. (I designed them around my Samsung 19" 4:3 LCD, so they should be good with standard 4:3's and even widescreen versions.)

No stroke with admin, sorry.
But I'd suspect in a day or so you'd get a response.

I did however respond on the site letting people know it was a 19" monitor.
I had not seen your most recent post, but did recall reading 19" somewhere in the thread.

Rick

• Offline Offline
No stroke with admin, sorry. But I'd suspect in a day or so you'd get a response.

Hmm. It's been six days so far... I wonder if my acceptance got 'lost in the mail' or something.

I did however respond on the site letting people know it was a 19" monitor. I had not seen your most recent post, but did recall reading 19" somewhere in the thread.

I appreciate that, thanks!

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Mine'll take a 20.1" monitor ;)

Mamezilla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 09:19:21 am

Unless I'm mistaking, it looks you could be autorized over there, since your nickname is stated on the main page has being one of newest members. If you did not have the "GO", your name would logically not be stated there,

And thanks for the reply in PM,  I guess installing an ATX motherboard will mean installing also one or 2 fans on the rear door, don't you think ?  Now gotta get some PCB mounting feets, off to E-Bay...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:58:18 pm by Mamezilla »
Don't throw rocks to a man with a machine gun
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

Rick

• Offline Offline

Mine'll fit an ATX motherboard.

Your move, Haruman.

mike boss

• Offline Offline
These bartops could be really cool XBOX emulator projects.
Thats what I'm thinking.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness

Mine'll fit an ATX motherboard.

Your move, Haruman.

Hmmm?

Rick

• Offline Offline
Hmmm?

Isn't that a mini-ATX? It certainly looks smaller to me.

;)

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Hmmm?

Isn't that a mini-ATX? It certainly looks smaller to me.

;)

It's a micro-ATX  ;)

Rick

• Offline Offline
It's a micro-ATX  ;)

Ah, ok! I just wanted to confirm, just in case people expected your designs to fit a full-size (305mm x 244mm) ATX motherboard...

...like mine do.

mike boss

• Offline Offline
Odd, I created a post that did not post.

I had another question with regards to plexi/acrylic/whatever it is.
For someone like myself with no real skill set (or good tool box) I'd be scared I'd crack the material.
Any info available on if the plexi would be an add on option to the kit ?
I know the material is readily available @ Home Depot and what not, but I like the idea of having it pre cut.
So for example the bezel, marquee, and even a control panel overlay as to protect the art.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Well....  how about:

Neo Geo mobo:

Orrrrrrr xbox:

;)

Rick

• Offline Offline
Well....  how about... Neo Geo mobo... Orrrrrrr xbox...

;)

Well, I guess that's okay...

;) :) :D

Rick

• Offline Offline
I had another question with regards to plexi/acrylic/whatever it is. For someone like myself with no real skill set (or good tool box) I'd be scared I'd crack the material. Any info available on if the plexi would be an add on option to the kit? I know the material is readily available @ Home Depot and what not, but I like the idea of having it pre-cut. So for example the bezel, marquee, and even a control panel overlay as to protect the art.

Hey mike boss. Sorry I missed your q until now:

This is important to me as well, and once I have the physical pieces in hand, I will make this a priority. I'll make a trip over to HD, and figure out how much the plexi will cost. Pricing for this will follow shortly.

mike boss

• Offline Offline
I look forward to the info about the plexi, thank you.

I have a question specific to the Nintendo inspired unit.
If a customer wanted admin buttons on the underside of the control panel would that be doable ?

For example on my Nintendo MAME cabinet I have three buttons on the underside of the panel, this way they dont obstruct the front. I can't find the image now on my blog, but I think it's easy to figure out what I mean.

Rick

• Offline Offline
I have a question specific to the Nintendo inspired unit. If a customer wanted admin buttons on the underside of the control panel would that be doable? For example on my Nintendo MAME cabinet I have three buttons on the underside of the panel, this way they dont obstruct the front. I can't find the image now on my blog, but I think it's easy to figure out what I mean.

Yes, that's absolutely doable. There's enough space in the design to support buttons on the underside. The only thing I might be concerned with would be the 'depth' of the buttons conflicting with the control panel parts. I do believe that there are different switch options that are available, which could alleviate this, however. (So, it might mean you have to spend a bit more for specific buttons to accommodate.)

mike boss

• Offline Offline
I have a question specific to the Nintendo inspired unit. If a customer wanted admin buttons on the underside of the control panel would that be doable? For example on my Nintendo MAME cabinet I have three buttons on the underside of the panel, this way they dont obstruct the front. I can't find the image now on my blog, but I think it's easy to figure out what I mean.

Yes, that's absolutely doable. There's enough space in the design to support buttons on the underside. The only thing I might be concerned with would be the 'depth' of the buttons conflicting with the control panel parts. I do believe that there are different switch options that are available, which could alleviate this, however. (So, it might mean you have to spend a bit more for specific buttons to accommodate.)

I never thought of that, but that makes complete sense.
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:14:25 pm by mike boss »

Rick

• Offline Offline
Well.

Since I don't have any sawdust to show, how about a part to a new prototype design I'm working on?

Anyone care to guess how this thing might look once the design is all complete?

And in regards to the bartops, I received an e-mail from my CNC guy today, hugely apologizing for all of their delays. (I get it - they've been reorganizing their business for the past week. I'm surprised they're finishing it as quickly as they did.) I even received an offer to go in and watch the cutting, and right now I'm waiting for a "when" as well as an answer as to whether or not they'll mind if I film a bit of it. (I hope so!)

More to come!

TKW4rr10r

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2017, 01:10:01 pm
  • Oh no, he's holding power tools!
    • What I'm selling / looking for:
OOO OOO I know, I know!  >:D

Future Projects: Galaxian Anniversary, Mario VS DK, Rebirth
What I'm selling / looking for

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
HAL?

Rick

• Offline Offline
HAL?

Lol. Not quite! The lines are some exploratory kerf cuts. I need to refine the measurements a bit, but the curves should make for a striking design.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:45:04 pm by Rick »

Rick

• Offline Offline
So, while I'm waiting (and waiting and waiting) for "the call", I've been toying with Solidworks options for applying "decals" to your designs. I must say that I LOVE this program.

Brian74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
Well.

Since I don't have any sawdust to show, how about a part to a new prototype design I'm working on?

Anyone care to guess how this thing might look once the design is all complete?

And in regards to the bartops, I received an e-mail from my CNC guy today, hugely apologizing for all of their delays. (I get it - they've been reorganizing their business for the past week. I'm surprised they're finishing it as quickly as they did.) I even received an offer to go in and watch the cutting, and right now I'm waiting for a "when" as well as an answer as to whether or not they'll mind if I film a bit of it. (I hope so!)

More to come!
A 3 woofer jukebox? :dunno

Rick

• Offline Offline
A 3 woofer jukebox? :dunno

Give the man a prize!

It's confusing to look at, since the section above and below the monitor cut-out is a group of kerf cuts, as I'm planning on bending the section around a form... I'm considering having the base house a subwoofer configuration - I'm going to seal it in there as best I can, but the two above will be for mids/highs.

I'm actually working on the design right now, so it should have a bit better form once I've got some more of it ironed out.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
Yep, Im pretty AWESOME!! lol, jk, well kinda.. I redid a netstar juke, but now I have to start over. Seeing as it wont fit down the steeps..

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
Hey Rick, I have another idea for you. A video slot and poker machine, housing a 17" touchscreen  :o

Rick

• Offline Offline
Hey Rick, I have another idea for you. A video slot and poker machine, housing a 17" touchscreen  :o

Would this work?

This is "The Music B'Rick", which is my concept design of a standing jukebox. The design, above, uses a kerf cut face panel to 'wrap over' the monitor display, thus giving a nice, seamless finish from the front to the back. The sides have plexi channels, which could be incorporated with music-driven LED's.

I'm no audiophile by any stretch of the means, but if I can manufacture something that looks nice and puts out good sounding music, I'm all for that. (That being said, I welcome to any critique of my idea.)

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:09:41 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html

This is "The Music B'Rick"

HAHAHA!!!!1!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

macattack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2018, 05:35:16 pm
  • Cabinet builder to the stars!
Custom Bartop, Arcade and Pinball Cabinets (Coming Soon) - GTA, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2013, 07:50:38 pm »
Looks cool, where are the other speakers going to be? Mids, tweeters etc ? Wall mount? Good spot for the subs but would be good to get separation for the others to get a more left/right feel.

WWW.Xtremepinball.com
Pm me for custom cnc needs...

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
For the slot, poker machine I was thinking more like this. Tilt the screen in more on the top, make the cp a little more flat. That way you have room to have 14 buttons and a place to rest your hands. I also think it would be cool to make it so you can swap out the cp to for a fighting setup!! How cool is that?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
For the slot, poker machine I was thinking more like this. Tilt the screen in more on the top, make the cp a little more flat. That way you have room to have 14 buttons and a place to rest your hands. I also think it would be cool to make it so you can swap out the cp to for a fighting setup!! How cool is that?

damn.. can't upload the pic

Rick

• Offline Offline
Looks cool, where are the other speakers going to be? Mids, tweeters etc ? Wall mount? Good spot for the subs but would be good to get separation for the others to get a more left/right feel.

I hadn't given 'stereo' too much thought, after the first draft that I didn't share. I was considering having three speakers on each side - in exactly the same format as the front - for left and right separation... ... while in it's current form, it could fit in between arcade cabinets, if needed. Of course, if I installed bluetooth, then any external speakers could work.

What do you think? What would you recommend?

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Yep... I built that!!
This for a slot poker cab.