Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: USB ROTATE!!!!!!!!!! For those that dont have a Parallel Port  (Read 1210 times)

epicfatigue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2016, 08:16:08 pm
    • http://www.retromods.com.au
Hello All its finally here!

Still need to finish a few things but here is a preview, this is for people that do not have a parallel port. (like me)

At the moment all i have to do is build the Automatic KVM feature in.

Then i have to add switches to the Rotate.exe file like below.

Rotate.exe -right
Rotate.exe -left
Rotate.exe -deguass

It also has a a GUI interface that allows you to manually Rotate Left, Rotate Right, Degauss.

It Operates as follows.

Rotate Right Selected by GUI or Rotate.exe -right
Monitor Relay Is turned on (turning off the monitor)
5v is applied HVBridge (High) Rotating the monitor Right
Limit Switch is pressed Turns off rotating, Turns off Monitor Relay(Monitor Comes on), Degaussing Coil fired.
Message is Sent to GUI Letting user known the position.

Rotate Left Selected by GUI or Rotate.exe -left
Monitor Relay Is turned on (turning off the monitor)
5v is applied HVBridge (High) Rotating the monitor Left
Limit Switch is pressed Turns off rotating, Turns off Monitor Relay(Monitor Comes on), Degaussing Coil fired.
Message is Sent to GUI Letting user known the position.

Degauss Selected by GUI or Rotate.exe -degauss
Deguassing Coil is fired 3 times.
200ms ON
200ms OFF
200ms ON
200ms OFF
200ms ON
200ms OFF

If the monitor is in the left position  (meaning the left limit switch is pressed)
And Rotate left is selected by GUI or Rotate.exe -left The Chip will not turn the monitor off nor will it send power to the HV-Bridge.

If the monitor is in the Right position  (meaning the Right limit switch is pressed)
And Rotate Right is selected by GUI or Rotate.exe -Right The Chip will not turn the monitor off nor will it send power to the HV-Bridge.
The Chip will not turn the monitor off nor will it send power to the HV-Bridge.

I Have taken a Youtube Video for you all, its not an ideal setup and hard to see but you all get the idea.
I Would love your feedback, i spent alot of time working on this and i hope you all like it as much as i do.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:18:03 pm by epicfatigue »