Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MERCS 3 Player bartop(ish)  (Read 1326 times)

ste

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2014, 01:15:20 pm
MERCS 3 Player bartop(ish)
« on: December 16, 2014, 01:44:12 pm »
hello guys, i havent been very active on the forums for a long time, i noticed some of my threads lacked replies from a while ago. sorry about that. but ive been really busy with work. and now im going for a new trade venture (not gaming related) - but trompe l' ceil - french for deceives the eye. seen im good with that kinda stuff. i was painting and decorating working for firms but money is crap in terms of work that has to be put in to it. plus traveling expensive.

anyway, i have time over xmas and new year to really go for a project that is more then likely to be complete before mid January 2015.

i have all the hardware. CPS mercs pcb, 3 joysticks which feature 2 buttons on each. arcade speakers, grills, stereo amp, jamma harness, psu, rgb to vga pcb, the only thing i need is a 15" vga monitor which is easy to obtain. artwork i can do myself, no coin mech, free play.

i brought a kit off ebay - richs bartop arcades, midi bartop, its about 3feet tall. so im getting all the hardware installed tomorrow. minus monitor. rich recommends fixing blocks, but i added some strip wood and glued it.

i'll update this post tomorrow with pics, and this thing should be amazing when finished. theres still other minor tweaks and hardware that will make this a nice little machine. its the perfect height for my 5 year old nephew.

wol-nz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2020, 02:42:44 am
  • Arcade!? - Never! - Really? - Yup!
Re: MERCS 3 Player bartop(ish)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:55:16 pm »
i'm interested to see this micro sized arcade - i have two kids (5 and 3) and contemplating something in the lines of American Ace... so would like to see how this goes.. good luck
My art is always free for you to download and modify as you see fit...
Why?... because I could never find any art I loved on the net. So I played around with Photoshop and wish to share it with the arcade community.

ste

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2014, 01:15:20 pm
Re: MERCS 3 Player bartop(ish)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 01:14:07 pm »
hi wol-nz, i have included some pics,

rich says use fixing blocks to secure, im not a fan, use strip wood, glue and screw. should have it all wired up and assembled tomorrow, minus monitor and marque light. then paint it nice in mercs theme. i have a idea for the base, keeping to myself for now, but should look great. i used the floor panel from kit to mount all the pcbs, psu. the joysticks i havent tested yet but they should work out ok, they have two fire buttons on each.