Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hacking Outrun 2006  (Read 96783 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Hacking Outrun 2006
« Reply #1000 on: January 06, 2017, 02:23:46 am »
Thank you howard. But if I uncheck override the pedals wont register in the game. It's like it's not getting a signal from the pedals.

Any clues?

The game is rather awkward with the pedals.  You may have to press the gas halfway down when defining the inputs in the control setup, ect. 

mickael28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1001 on: May 07, 2017, 07:16:51 pm »
Hi guys,

I just discovered Outrun 2 recently and I got the following versions at the moment:
* Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast PC, + the hack that enables rumble (if I keep the force feedback option checked in, it just crashes the game), although I'm using a normal xbox 360 gamepad at present.
* PSP version
* PS2 PAL version
* PS2 Japanese version, which I think supports force feedback

Anyone has been playing the PS2 Japanese version with a force feedback wheel? is it a good experience to research and buy one mainly for this game? I'm playing with a gamepad at present as well there...
And is the force feedback in the hacked PC version good as well?

Between those 2 versions, which one would you recommend to play going by experience?

Many thanks

Olywa123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1002 on: May 08, 2017, 12:29:20 pm »
I've been playing it quite a bit recently. Howard's hack is very good once you get it set up and working properly and the right route for arcade purists. I keep coming back to the PS2 Jap version in the end though (through an emulator - PCSX2). If you have a decent PC I recommend giving it a shot.

I use both with a Logitech G29 and the force feedback is great on either version but the PS2 Jap version just edges it for me once set up with Qemu plugin (details elsewhere in this forum). If you dive into the game settings menus you can increase the feedback as it's a little weak at default but VERY good on full).

Pro Tip: you can use google translate app through your phones camera to translate the game menus to janky english in real time which makes things easier.
2x Fight Sticks, 1x Wheel & Pedals, 2x LightGuns
+ 1x Wife
= No Cab :(

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1003 on: May 20, 2017, 09:19:47 pm »
I've been playing it quite a bit recently. Howard's hack is very good once you get it set up and working properly and the right route for arcade purists. I keep coming back to the PS2 Jap version in the end though (through an emulator - PCSX2). If you have a decent PC I recommend giving it a shot.

I use both with a Logitech G29 and the force feedback is great on either version but the PS2 Jap version just edges it for me once set up with Qemu plugin (details elsewhere in this forum). If you dive into the game settings menus you can increase the feedback as it's a little weak at default but VERY good on full).

Pro Tip: you can use google translate app through your phones camera to translate the game menus to janky english in real time which makes things easier.

Why do you seem to go back to the PS2 version?

I'm not been able to play it in PCSX2, it seems my computer is not powerful enough (it's just got a Intel HD 530 built-in, although I can play games like Metal Gear Rising at 1080p, Outrun emulated is unplayable!!)

Where do you change the feedback in the PS2 version, is it the last option in this screenshot? Is that all that can be changed for the wheel feedback?
And when you use the wheel in the Japanese version, is it real force feedback (as in feeling how the car pushes whilst cornering, or mainly just rumbling)?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31