Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Model 2 - default quit key  (Read 3359 times)

haynor666

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:17:30 am
  • retro maniac
Model 2 - default quit key
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:03:07 pm »
Does anybody know how to change default quit sequence in model 2 emu from alt+F4? Probably I miss something or it's not possible.

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2023, 09:18:51 am
  • Project RetroCade
Re: Model 2 - default quit key
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 04:13:09 pm »
Just use AutoHotkey to map ESC or whatever exit key you want to Alt-F4...

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • retro maniac
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 04:36:26 pm »
I know but I would like to do this in "clean" way. I really don't need any additional applications in background on my arcade PC.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 12:29:45 pm »
There is no way to change it in model 2 emulator.

A lot of front-ends have a built in way to close it.
What front-end are you using?  (in Mala, it's under "Mala hotkeys")

I don't like anything extra installed or running in the background either, but I always install Autohotkey on my emulation machines.
Just about any issue you'll come across in setting up oddball emulators can be overcome with Autohotkey.

Also if you install autohotkey on a different computer, you can compile the ahk script to an exe so it will run on a computer without autohotkey installed.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • retro maniac
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 01:53:58 pm »
MAMEWAH 1.69

Right now I'm hitting alt+F4 on keyboard. If there isn't any clean solution I'll use autohotkey :/

AMDman13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2023, 09:21:58 pm
  • This Cab is going to be the end of me!!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 10:28:47 am »
I use a program called closemul. Its been a long time since I set it up, but it works like a charm. I have it set to close with the esc key and as you know I am running Mamewah 162b.

If I remember correctly you simply copy the closemul files to the same directory as model2 directory. Then you set up your model2.ini as follows (see attached).  I only use a few from model2 so, I actually set them up as indivdual game ini's. This way they are part of my main game list, but execute using model2 instead of mame. Works sweet.
My old user name was marlborroman13, but I kicked the habit many years ago!

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 10:49:50 am »
I use a program called closemul. Its been a long time since I set it up, but it works like a charm. I have it set to close with the esc key and as you know I am running Mamewah 162b.

If I remember correctly you simply copy the closemul files to the same directory as model2 directory. Then you set up your model2.ini as follows (see attached).  I only use a few from model2 so, I actually set them up as indivdual game ini's. This way they are part of my main game list, but execute using model2 instead of mame. Works sweet.

+1   I forgot about closemul.  Now that you mention it, I think I'm still using it for model 2 in Mala because the built in hot keys wouldn't work.
Sometimes we forget about good old solutions that have been around forever.

IIRC, you have to add closemul.exe to your command line.
For Mala, I just slipped it in before the emulator exe with a space in between them.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • retro maniac
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 11:52:22 am »
OK, so there is solution after all. Thanks guys :)

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Project RetroCade
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 01:52:19 pm »
OK, so there is solution after all. Thanks guys :)
Closemul is about the same as a specific autohotkey script to exit an application on a specific key press.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • retro maniac
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 06:33:37 am »
Except it does not sit in my system all the time but only when I run model2 emu. Besides it was intended to work with emulators and mamewah and works great. The only difference right now is that I see for a brief model2 emu loading roms even with {nosafelaunch}. Previously with {nosafelaunch} after pressing 1 I get black screen then screen of the game. Anyway it's better to have comfortable quit rather than ascetic launch :)

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Project RetroCade
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 10:04:06 am »
Except it does not sit in my system all the time but only when I run model2 emu. Besides it was intended to work with emulators and mamewah and works great. The only difference right now is that I see for a brief model2 emu loading roms even with {nosafelaunch}. Previously with {nosafelaunch} after pressing 1 I get black screen then screen of the game. Anyway it's better to have comfortable quit rather than ascetic launch :)
The compiled autohotkey also only runs when you start the model 2 emu ao whatever emu you wat to remap keys for. No need to install autohotkey itself...

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • retro maniac
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 01:44:22 pm »
Ok, I didn't know that. Since it's for not only emulator use I assumed that sits in tray and monitoring key presses all the time. But since I already configured closemul in MAMEWAH I won't be bothering testing AutoHotKey unless I'll finf emulator that does not work with Closemul.