Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bubble Bobble themed YAWN (Yet Another Weecade Number)  (Read 21714 times)

darkSSide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:19:48 pm
  • I want to make my own money!
Re: Bubble Bobble themed YAWN (Yet Another Weecade Number)
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2013, 12:16:38 pm »
I like the color scheme alot. I would probably change the button colors a bit to make it stand out. Change them so one color is the rim and the other color is the plunger. For example for the green joystick side I would make the buttons blue outside green inside.
By the way what is the name of that shade of blue?

Sent from my Atari 2600

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:07:53 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2013, 04:15:58 pm »
though this isnt a real cab, this is what I remember it looking like:

http://retro-heart.blogspot.com/2010/07/bubble-bobble-custom-scale-arcade-model.html
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Chris John Hunter

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2013, 06:33:32 pm »
Looking for this one?

Someone at ZonaArcade did a repro.

Related threads from KLOV here and here.

Scott

Hi Scott. Thanks for the visual. Cant help thinking those sticks look a bit low. Also why is one set of buttons straight the other slanted? Weird. I think slanted works best with 2 button games. My fingers naturally fit, first finger is shorter than the second

:cheers:

sho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2022, 10:44:00 am
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:32 am »
Just an update to add for others using a game controller with Visual Pinball.   9.15 does support game controller remapping for the keys.  No separate keymaping program is required.
Thanks, I did not know. Although now I am not that sure this cab would be that suitable for pinball.

By the way what is the name of that shade of blue?
This is a True Blue Motip Carat Hobby paint I came across while looking for a RAL colour that escapes me at the moment.
I felt is was close enough to what i was looking for (and the closest of all that I came across).

though this isnt a real cab, this is what I remember it looking like:

http://retro-heart.blogspot.com/2010/07/bubble-bobble-custom-scale-arcade-model.html
This, or something very much like it was actually a big inspiration originally to me. As can be seen in reply #13 above
Bubble Bobble YAWN

sho

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, 08:11:03 am »
Not much has happened regarding the cab construction, art is still AWOL but I picked up again on messing with the Emulators themselves.
This is what I am running on it.

MaLA as front end.
  • Custom build of MAME with no-nag and hiscore patches, also with support for Bubble Bobble Lost Caves ripped from MameUIfx.
  • WinUAE for all those lovely (crappy) games I spent my adolescence on, when I should have chasing girls.
  • A custom build of WinVice 2.4 with re-mappable button support for Commodore 64 emulation.
  • Yet another custom build of MESS which starts in partial keyboard emulation mode for Spectrum and Gameboy.
  • The usual  SNES, Sega and PC Engine emulators that have no sentimental meaning for me since I never owned one.
Some PC remakes
Bubble Bobble YAWN

nordemoniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 02:41:28 am
  • Weee! Hahaha...
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 09:23:54 am »
I came across an almost exact match to the blue colour in a store, there is no turning back now. (the CP will probably be green though).

What did you use to paint with? Is it spray paint?

I was thinking of buying a spray gun for my compressor, but I don't want to make a mess. I did some work on a car once, and even though I had plastic all over the garage, those tiny spray particles got everywhere.

sho

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 10:10:54 am »
It's just a hobby spray can, I imagine a professional kit (or something connected to a compressor) could make a professional mess ;)
But I have never used one.
Bubble Bobble YAWN