Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Swap multicade jamma 60-in-1 board for one with more games (Track and Field)  (Read 3061 times)

snorpmeister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2013, 12:59:35 pm
I now own a multicade with a Jamma 60-in-1 board. Are there other boards I could buy that would have more games, including ones like Track and Field, Rolling Thunder, and Green Beret?

Would it just be easier to buy another multicade-like cab having a vertical orientation? I've read that Track and Field is a horizontal-oriented game and my setup is vertical. Not something I can easily reach in and switch.

Thanks.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:43:12 am
1940 in 1 is what you need

snorpmeister

• Offline Offline
1940 in 1 is what you need

Thanks Grant. Any other suggestions?

snorpmeister

• Offline Offline
Has anyone here installed a 1940 in 1 jamma board into a 60 in 1 vertical-oriented multicade cab? I see the 1940 in 1 does have Track and Field. Since I can't easily change the orientation of the monitor physically, would I just use the monitor controls to shrink horizontally displayed games? Might be a pain, but one I could live with.

Thanks!

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
You're likely to get better info over at KLOV where illegal boards can be more openly discussed.

Regarding vertical/horizontal -- a vertical monitor is just a horizontal monitor on its' side, so you will get things displayed sideways.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Without discussing the boards it is only possible to switch to a multi xxxx if you go horizontal with the monitor.  If you are stuck with a vertical monitor most of the muti xxxx above your 60 in 1 will not display well.

Ravenger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 11:38:55 am
To be honest you're better off replacing the board with a Mame PC. I did that in my cab using a J-Pac to convert the jamma connections to the PC, and now I can play both vertical and horizontal games. Also Mame is much more configurable, so I've been able to set up the controls for my favourite games to better suit the joystick and button locations.