Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is there a list of cocktail games that support screen flipping?  (Read 3023 times)

soslo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2012, 03:23:36 pm
  • The Governator
    • My website does not have a name yet
Is there a list of cocktail games that support screen flipping?
« on: October 10, 2003, 11:25:07 am »

I'm considering making another cab - this one a cocktail that just plays cocktail games.
5 MAME cabs and counting...

Ever wonder what full side art looks like?
http://www.aaronmurray.com

papaschtroumpf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2013, 11:41:10 pm
  • Have a Cow!
Re:Is there a list of cocktail games that support screen flipping?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 03:08:48 pm »
I though screen flipping was mostly what makes a cocktail game?

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 04:07:20 pm »
Screen flipping and cocktails are totally unrelated.  Cocktails flip the screen automatically, no need to alter the screen flipping switch.  The screen flip swtich is intended for those poor operators that accidentally put their monitor in upside down.  There is no other use for it.  

And for the record there is no such list.

PaulT

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 13, 2007, 04:46:31 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 02:53:25 pm »
this link may help for vertical monitors
http://mame.joymonkey.com/

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 10:41:09 pm »
Screen flipping and cocktails are totally unrelated.  Cocktails flip the screen automatically, no need to alter the screen flipping switch.  The screen flip swtich is intended for those poor operators that accidentally put their monitor in upside down.  There is no other use for it.  

And for the record there is no such list.

Well, to be more precise, gameboards (or emulated games) that support cocktail mode flip the screen automatically if the cocktail dip (or the cocktail option in the setup) is activated.

Also, the screen flip switch is actually not because people put their monitors in upside down, it is because not all game manufacturers could agree on which way was "Up" on a vertical monitor.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 11:22:23 pm »
I though screen flipping was mostly what makes a cocktail game?

That's true if the game is an alternating player game.  Simultaneous player games such as warlords, demolition derby, and atari football don't flip, but are cocktail games.

I think he really is asking which drivers flip the screen automatically.  
Some of the games that should flip automatically aren't emulated correctly in the driver, so the driver gets the "GAME_NO_COCKTAIL" flag.

I'm considering making another cab - this one a cocktail that just plays cocktail games.

A more clear question probably could have been: "What cocktail games are fully emulated in mame?"

Still, there isn't a simple list of this.

OTOH, there are 319 games with the "cocktail (screen flip) not working" flag, as of 0.74u2.  25 of which are not working. Aprox 180 of those working are not clones.  [shrug] Not what you asked, but many, if not most, classic games had a cocktail mode or version.
Robin
Knowledge is Power