Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GGG TT HighLow Spinner out of stock??!!  (Read 3089 times)

rikitiki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:17:35 pm
    • Custom Arcade Game Printing
GGG TT HighLow Spinner out of stock??!!
« on: February 15, 2012, 01:25:31 pm »
So the GroovyGameGear TurboTwist high-low spinner is listed as out of stock ???
http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=311
anyone know if they're going to be making any more?

I emailed them a few days ago but havent heard anything back.
needed for my next build
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=117767.0

FYI blue Tron joysticks show only 5qty left in stock.
and luckliy mines on its way :applaud:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:50:12 pm by rikitiki »
Saving the Planet one Game at a time.

www.ThisOldGame.com

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:17:53 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
Re: GGG TT High Low spinner out of stock??!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 01:43:27 pm »
The title of this thead should probably be changed to indicate the "High-Low" spinner.  The normal TurboTwist 2 spinners are in stock.

The High Lows are out of stock because we had parts for 100 of them produced....3 years ago.  They are a specialty item, which doesn't move very fast and the parts are expensive, even in that quantity.  I have a few thoughts on possibly improving things on the user installation aspects of the design, but I don't want to wait another 3 years to implement them :).

I will be looking at the design change possibilities very shortly.  If I can't do what I want to accomplish, or the changes become too much of a drag on the timeline, we'll get some more parts in the current design.  It will be at least a few weeks before that happens.

RandyT

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
Re: GGG TT HighLow Spinner out of stock??!!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:12 pm »
my bad thanks for the info
and title changed

www.ThisOldGame.com

RetroACTIVE

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2024, 04:27:52 pm
  • Gramps
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:53:45 pm »
I need one too!
Happy Gaming!

taylormadelv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 05:46:59 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:14:46 am »
No offense to Randy but the Apache Blackhawk is the best spinner I have ever used by far, it just blows every other spinner I have ever used away. Superior construction, easy panel mounting, 5 mouse buttons and it can accept trackball inputs at the same time as a spinner axis. I do not get anything for plugging this, just wanted to share since ithis is the only other push/pull spinner option available, as far as I know. http://www.apachecontrols.com/products.html

rikitiki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 01:12:41 pm »
from what I read here the apache one seem to have some issues with a "grinding"  :dunno IIRC
and was atttracted to the GGG version because of its size.
But as luck would have it Ill be using an orginal DOT spinner for my project. :applaud:

www.ThisOldGame.com

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 05:43:52 pm »
No offense to Randy but the Apache Blackhawk is the best spinner I have ever used by far, it just blows every other spinner I have ever used away. Superior construction, easy panel mounting, 5 mouse buttons and it can accept trackball inputs at the same time as a spinner axis. I do not get anything for plugging this, just wanted to share since ithis is the only other push/pull spinner option available, as far as I know.

Which spinners have you used?  Without providing this info, you are inferring that you have broad experience with all the different types.  I would venture a guess that you haven't used a High-Low, or any other high resolution spinner.  Try comparing the performance between both with driving games, Arkanoid games, or any game which originally used a potentiometer based control.  And of course, using the control while either in the pushed or pulled state.  There are marked differences between the two devices, both in build and function, and suffice it to say that I strongly disagree with your conclusion.  But until we get some more parts on hand. it is the only other option for push pull functionality.

RandyT

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:22:10 am
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »
No offense to Randy but the Apache Blackhawk is the best spinner I have ever used by far, it just blows every other spinner I have ever used away. Superior construction, easy panel mounting, 5 mouse buttons and it can accept trackball inputs at the same time as a spinner axis. I do not get anything for plugging this, just wanted to share since ithis is the only other push/pull spinner option available, as far as I know.

Which spinners have you used?  Without providing this info, you are inferring that you have broad experience with all the different types.  I would venture a guess that you haven't used a High-Low, or any other high resolution spinner.  Try comparing the performance between both with driving games, Arkanoid games, or any game which originally used a potentiometer based control.  And of course, using the control while either in the pushed or pulled state.  There are marked differences between the two devices, both in build and function, and suffice it to say that I strongly disagree with your conclusion.  But until we get some more parts on hand. it is the only other option for push pull functionality.

RandyT

+1, I'm a high-low GGG convert and am so glad I got mine before the outage.  Awesome spinner Randy, totally wish they weren't such a bear to produce.  Far and away the best arcade control investment I've made in years, brought some obscure titles back to life for me.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:35:39 pm »

Just wanted to put out a note here that I have decided to do another run of the current High-Low spinner. 

The changes I would have made are fairly small, and really are only being considered to make installation more simple, but would be very time consuming to finalize.  Enough folks have contacted me about the availability of the High-Low that it makes sense to stick with the current version for a while longer.

The parts are on order with my machinist, and will be ready in a couple of weeks.  When they get here, they will be available again on the store.

Thanks for all the support,
RandyT