Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Problem with CRT TV monitor  (Read 1476 times)

ArcticCowboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2015, 06:26:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade!
Problem with CRT TV monitor
« on: September 30, 2013, 04:19:24 pm »
Alright. I'm stuck and I'm not sure where to go from here. I've posted a video on what the problem is and I'm hoping someone can help me. Basically when the computer is connected to the TV it comes in black and white and the picture is flashing up and down vertically. (Check out the video to actually see it) If anyone has any idea whats going on, or how I can fix it, I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jdbailey1206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2023, 01:32:56 pm
  • No. It's your top score on Pole Position.
Re: Problem with CRT TV monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:28:36 pm »
Tried this with my computer when you could connect through S video.  I fixed it but dont remember quite how.  It had to do with the drivers if I remember correctly.  It was a pain in the dick and not worth the time to figure it out.  My recommendation would be to go to Salvation Army and pick up a cheap monitor.  Gives you the same effect as a tv.  And if you are looking for a really authentic look go under the Buy/Sell/Trade thread and look for a scanline generator.  I know one of the members is selling them for $20 and they make the picture look nice.  Good luck.

ArcticCowboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2015, 06:26:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:43:30 pm »
The tv I picked up was from a salvage store. Bought that and used that to create the measurements for the cabinet. So I'd need to get one the same size, which might be hard to do. I'd like to not have to go buy another tv. But if that's the only way... Idk. Time is something I have. Money isn't lol.

Acids

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2023, 05:50:45 am
  • Bring It.. Smart arse!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 02:09:31 am »
How have you connected the the computer to the screen?
What connections are you using? and whats the blue box.

To help we are going to need more info...
Remember,  More is better!!

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 04:01:23 am »
As Acids said, how's it connected? Looks like a sync problem.