Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Found a working 4-player Punk Shot for $150, should I look into it?  (Read 977 times)

IWasAPerson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2012, 11:01:44 am
So I've been keeping an eye on Craigslist for a while. I've been wanting to get or build a cab for a while, but I either haven't had the space or money to build one. You know, the standard things that keep you from actually having one...but today I found an ad on Craigslist for a Punk Shot that's (presumably) completely working. The guy knocked it down from $200 to $150 in the course of 5 hours, kinda odd. Here's the ad:

http://maine.craigslist.org/vgm/2847970142.html

So, yeah, apparently from the other ad he'll send pictures if you ask. Kinda begs the question of what shape it's in though. I'm finally able to clear some stuff out I was meaning to and would have a place to put it. Obviously when I get some time off I'd be able to start actually working on it and MAME it, but I'm not sure if I should jump on it considering it's 4-player and the way the JAMMA board's set up there are quite a few empty buttons to add on to. So, what are your guys' opinions? Should I look into it or let it pass?

*EDIT* It might be worthwhile to post the first link too...http://maine.craigslist.org/vgm/2847574193.html
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:30:47 pm by IWasAPerson »

kahlid74

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2021, 12:42:56 pm
  • Gaming for a better future!
    • GamersAnon
Re: Found a working 4-player Punk Shot for $150, should I look into it?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:25:00 pm »
It really depends on what your end game goal is.  If you're looking to build a MAME cab I would suggest building a new control panel.  That way you get the layout and buttons you want.  The problem is then you're paying 150 bucks for just a cabinet, which is way too much.  It certainly doesn't hurt to have the Punk Shot Jamma but that's really only if you keep it all together.

The other thing to consider is the monitor.  A good ole monitor like that is priceless and is worth that price as long as it's in good shape if you plan to use it.

Again it comes down to what your end game is.

Green Giant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2016, 06:50:57 pm
Re: Found a working 4-player Punk Shot for $150, should I look into it?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:18:26 am »
$150 sounds like a pretty good deal.  The only google image I found showing the cab for Punk Shot is of a hefty machine.  Could be he just wants to clear the real estate, and he doesn't want to move it himself.  If you have the cash and someone to help move a monster cab, go for it.
"He lives down there in his valley,
The cat stands tall and green,
Well, he ain't no prize, and there's no women his size,
And that's why the cat's so mean"
Toxic Arcade, my first build