Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PS Tut Videos - requests?  (Read 1843 times)

bdeshazer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2012, 12:18:11 pm
PS Tut Videos - requests?
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:08:54 pm »
Hey folks, tomorrow I'm going to record a series of free tutorial videos for Adobe Photoshop where I re-create the marquee image I first showed in this thread:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=116054.0

I created the outline today and it looks like it will be 6 videos, hopefully around 10 minutes each. I plan to cover how to work in a non-destructive workflow and cover the use of layers, layersets, layer effects, guides, rulers, masks, image resizing, smart object, styles, etc. I'll primarily be focusing on raster imaging, but will be using a few vector shape layers for some intermediate steps.

Does anyone have any PS requests that you want me to try and add in to these before I get started?

bandit721

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2018, 11:53:15 am
Re: PS Tut Videos - requests?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:31:04 pm »
I don't have any specific requests...I must say the artwork you did for your cab is outstanding.  I agree with others in the thread that you appear to have mad Photoshop skills  :applaud:  I look forward to seeing how you did it  :)   I'm actually trying to recreate halo effects like Knievel does on his panels.  I've seen several posts referencing a tips page on Knievel's site that was supposed to show how he did it, but it looks like it's no longer available.  So your video could be just the ticket :)

Kangum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2018, 07:46:20 am
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »
if anyone wants to check out a complete series of close to 70 full length videos on photoshop google Bert Monroy.

bdeshazer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 03:32:59 pm »
I don't have any specific requests...I must say the artwork you did for your cab is outstanding.  I agree with others in the thread that you appear to have mad Photoshop skills  :applaud:  I look forward to seeing how you did it  :)   I'm actually trying to recreate halo effects like Knievel does on his panels.  I've seen several posts referencing a tips page on Knievel's site that was supposed to show how he did it, but it looks like it's no longer available.  So your video could be just the ticket :)

Sorry to be so late in replying, holidays kept me busy.

I've got the final outline completed for the tutorials and will be recording the videos over the next week, I'll post them up for free on my Youtube channel and link here.

I found Knievel's site, what specifically do you mean by the "halo effect" you're wanting to emulate? Even if it's not covered by my videos I can probably tell you or show you how to do it in PS...

bdeshazer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 03:34:42 pm »
if anyone wants to check out a complete series of close to 70 full length videos on photoshop google Bert Monroy.

Yeah, the guy's amazing, long-time fan of his work.

bandit721

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2018, 11:53:15 am
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 06:04:58 pm »
I guess I mis-phrased it...not a halo "effect" but the "halos" (outlines) around the control areas and the outline around the control panel.  I've never really used Photoshop for anything but touching up actual photos so I'm a total noob....I only have PS Elements, do I need the full-blown version of PS to do some of this?  I was messing around with GIMP as well but I have no confidence that I can create artwork that will match up with my CP which I have already cut.

For me the woodworking is the easy part but the artwork is the killer - which seems to be opposite to most of the others on the forums....