Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Shell Shocked ... revived  (Read 1926 times)

rgecko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2022, 01:42:54 am
  • makin' da 'cade
Shell Shocked ... revived
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:53:53 am »
I built this cabinet in 2005, I documented everything I did while working on it. I'm building a site to try and explain as much as I can and including details of what I did or learnt while building the cabinet.  The site is at: http://www.gabmonkey.com/arcade/

For the last 2 years it was dismantled and sat in my basement, now that I've moved it's come back out and I'm rebuilding the PC in it as I apparently scavenged the hard drives for something else... I'm going to try and get Hyperspin setup on it, and I'd like to look at getting some gun system set-up on it and working as well... I had some guns before but not sure where I put them.  I also plan on putting a price list of every thing up once I have the site finished as I priced out every screw, piece of wood, button, you name it was priced out and where I got each part from, and I have a USB steering wheel that I want to try and setup with this configuration if I can.  I've learnt that a cabinet never dies, it just accessorizes.

If anyone who's new to this has questions feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer what I can, and if anyone has some suggestions of details to include on the site to help others let me know.

patm95

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2019, 05:43:55 pm
Re: Shell Shocked ... revived
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »
That is an amazing cabinet.  I like the idea of the nyc sewer grill for speaker covers.

rgecko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2022, 01:42:54 am
  • makin' da 'cade
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:21:56 pm »
I liked the concept but I think visually I could have come up with something that looked better.  One thing I learnt from this and from seeing what others have built, a cab is is part love of the game, and part love of the art of the cabinet. 

Nimbus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2019, 08:08:57 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 02:26:41 am »
Awesome results. I missed the link the first time I looked at this thread. Interesting breakdown on price. People never add up their own time.

You've got a great cab there! On the forum these projects can feel like they are 'normal', but I bet people go bananas when they see this thing in person. Great job! :applaud: