Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Project: Double Tap  (Read 17515 times)

CREDO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2017, 08:17:25 am
  • its never finished
Re: Project: Double Tap
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 10:55:52 pm »
yeah I had the same thoughts when I did it, I didn't want a cab too deep and absolutely must have leg room under the CP, early mock up I was measuring the height on my knees sitting on a stool to make sure I had clearance.
Its got a large thick chunk of pine bracing at the rear and bottom of the CP in the cab, then a heap of bolts right through it ending in some of these

its very strong, you could sit on the CP (but I'm not testing that) and I can pull the cab around by the CP, (no wheels, rather heavy)

Next time I have it off ill try to remember to take a pic.

CREDO

• Offline Offline
  • its never finished
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 04:25:57 am »
here we go. 7 75mm long bolts. That isn't going anywhere. I just used the button cutting blade to bore all the way through for cables.

and a shot of my kinda tidy CP. that blue cable is rather thick and a pain in the ass to work with, but I was sick of having to re do connections in the old CP because I used crappy thin wire the first time, so now its a bit of overkill.

that all has to come apart for the new graphics and cosmetic stuff.  :cry:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:32:49 am by CREDO »

sabreerbasAlpha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2017, 07:28:29 pm
  • Remember those big 10ps?
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 08:25:54 am »
Love That wire. Were did you get it from ?. As far as the build. Some really interesting ideas, Overall a very nice build. I really like the bezel idea. Looks very slick. And the speaker setup looks great. Keep going mate.  ::)

Mr Wilson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2018, 01:24:44 pm
  • it never ends!!!!
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 04:20:24 pm »
great attention to detail very nice cab my first was based on lusid's design as well

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:07:41 pm
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 04:24:54 pm »
As a total nerd, I would have painted the bottom of the CP....yer GONNA want to show that part off.  Also, I'd lose that gray USB cable...

And, I'm totally stealing your bezel idea on my next cab!

Nice job!

AJ

CREDO

• Offline Offline
  • its never finished
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 10:03:55 pm »
Love That wire. Were did you get it from ?.

A local shop in Perth Australia called Jaycar. their awesome for all your switches, transistors, bread boards and all that geeky techy stuff.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=WH3052

As a total nerd, I would have painted the bottom of the CP....yer GONNA want to show that part off.  Also, I'd lose that gray USB cable...
I did say it all has to come apart for cosmetic stuff :P
but not painted, upholstered.

great attention to detail very nice cab my first was based on lusid's design as well
Thanks, I modified lusid's design a bit but the overall classic standard two player cab look was what I remember playing as a kid, so it was only natural to end up with something like that.
the next one (yeah already planning a second) will be a bit "out there" and more dedicated to just verticals and 4way.

Dance Commander

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2017, 09:39:30 am
  • Deify Dada
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 12:13:16 am »
First: That bezel is super classy looking. Probably going to look really good under glass.
Second: That Iron Maiden panel is amazing. I vote to keep it that way  ;D

CREDO

• Offline Offline
  • its never finished
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2013, 03:57:45 am »
As much as I love the Irons, this is more what I had in mind.

Its hard to get a good photo with ye old S2 camera. but im just stoked at how well the CP turned out, its still just a poster I had printed but the way it printed it just turned out that the blood reflects differently to the rest of it, so in the overhead lights it just looks sweet. I was jumping up and down to finally have something on this cab 100% finished.

Well, apart from the braces there, have to paint them. ok 99% done then.

The underside got its material treatment.
Dig that texture. the flash makes it come up grey, but its a nice black really.. honest.

And another "where im at" shot. I cant wait to get the sides on.. as  soon as I figure out what its going to be.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:02:00 am by CREDO »

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2013, 11:22:27 am »
Very nice covering.  As you have a zombie theme going on how about a mix up consisting of Left 4 Dead, Dead island, Dead Reckoning, and the Walking Dead & BlackOps Zombies,  I think that about covers it on the gaming zombie front. You could of course have a look at Marvel Zombies, there;s some good stuff that wouldn't look completely out of place with your CP.   

CREDO

• Offline Offline
  • its never finished
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2013, 02:28:22 am »
Finding good generic zombies that I like the look of at a decent resolution has been an issue with this whole zombie idea, at the start I just assumed the walking dead comic would have heaps of comic style zombies I can pinch, but after hours of flicking through every page, its really limited for useable material.
I did manage to knock up a bezel.

its just a laminated print, so if I change my mind, its an easy swap.
I need to get new plex for the cab, mine is way too dark and you can hardly see through it. so for now its off.

I know the rules aren't correct, but I moved them around so the top 10 would be the ones you remember from the movie.

Bezel still needs a little tweaking. I left a little overhang just in case for now.

Marquee is on the way, and Yay im going to print the sides.. dropping nearly $300 on the printing was a sticking point for me but apparently office works here in aus will do what I need for about $60 a side, so bugger it that will do.

Nacimroc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2015, 03:46:25 pm
Re: Project: Its about time
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2013, 07:04:43 am »

Lovely work! Nice to see people take pride in the little details too. Great idea with the bezel too.

CREDO

• Offline Offline
  • its never finished
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:27 am »
Well its been busy around the new house lately and then i got distracted with this.

That then enabled me to do this

36kg Boxer inserted for scale :p

Its 2400mm (94in) long and 900mm (35in) deep and rock solid.  It can cut sheets up to 1500mm (59in) across which should be heaps.
I saw someone's project on-line somewhere and decided i should have one too.
I still have to build the guide arm assembly, aluminum skirting, sand, paint. But for the moment she works great and doubles as a wood storage unit. i do plan to do shelves and drawers later on underneath it.

Anyway, back to finishing the arcade :p
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 04:55:10 pm by CREDO »

SnaXen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2013, 04:11:44 am
  • I build my arcades from scratch!
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2013, 07:31:08 am »
Very nice cab.
Liked what you have done with the bezel. And also great work with the CP wireing  :applaud: :applaud:

:cheers:

Would have loved to have a full size cab, but because of lack of space and low WAF on full size I had to settle for a BarTop my self  :angry: