Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Small Tabletop cabinet "Arcade Classics"....lets call it done.  (Read 63167 times)

Vidiot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 10:00:17 am
  • John 3:16
Re: Small Tabletop cabinet "Arcade Classics"....lets call it done.
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2015, 10:48:20 am »
This is really cool little build and inspired me to do something of similar size. Two quick questions:-

1) How wide is the CP?
2) Does the CP vinyl artwork just sit on the top piece or do you have one piece that wraps all around the front? (Looks very smooth and I can't see any vinyl edging)

Thanks.

I need to take some measurements when I get home.
The artwork on the control panel is mounted directly to the painted wooden cp. It does wrap around about 1/4" on the top and bottom edges.

pcss911

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2023, 03:04:27 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2016, 11:14:26 pm »
Hi,

I just discovered this post in the course of researching details concerning a cab I am now building.   I really like your "Arcade Classics" marquee art, and was hoping you'd be willing to share, if you have, a higher resolution version of what appears in your post here.  As is, this one won't scale up very well to a full size marquee on an upright cab.  Other that it's absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:20:47 pm by pcss911 »

Vidiot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2016, 06:22:20 am »
Hi,

I just discovered this post in the course of researching details concerning a cab I am now building.   I really like your "Arcade Classics" marquee art, and was hoping you'd be willing to share, if you have, a higher resolution version of what appears in your post here.  As is, this one won't scale up very well to a full size marquee on an upright cab.  Other that it's absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Sure. If you can give me the size of your marquee I'll make it the right size and PM you the file.

pcss911

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2023, 03:04:27 pm
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2016, 09:25:06 am »
Very generous of you, thank you for that.   It'll be mounted on plexi 27w x 7.5h, but I think the full graphic should only be 6.5h, as I will lose half an inch upper and lower from the retainer clips and don't wish for any of the printed graphic to be hidden.  If I can, I will likely want to add that half inch back as a black border.

9voltsaint

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2023, 04:37:42 am
Small Tabletop cabinet "Arcade Classics"....lets call it done.
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2016, 06:40:10 am »
What a great looking little cabinet, inside and out. Well done!

One question, with your fan setup I assume they are drawing the hot air out, do you have some intake vents in the bottom somewhere underneath the Motherboard?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:51:40 am by 9voltsaint »

Vidiot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2016, 08:37:43 am »
What a great looking little cabinet, inside and out. Well done!

One question, with your fan setup I assume they are drawing the hot air out, do you have some intake vents in the bottom somewhere underneath the Motherboard?

Thanks! Those fans do draw air out. I really don't have a special air inlet. It's probably not efficient airflow but it does seem to work fine. If I did it again I would put a small vent under the control panel area. I've thought about upgrading the screen at some point. If I ever do that I might add one then.