Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: KeyWiz JumpBall Software for Skee Style games  (Read 8879 times)

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:51:50 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
KeyWiz JumpBall Software for Skee Style games
« on: January 03, 2005, 02:13:37 am »
This is something that's been bouncing around in my head for a while and finally fell out.

Having had long time plans to build a Skeeball-style game of my own and watching the excellent progress Brad has been making on the one he is building, I decided to sit down and crank out  a full-frilled game logic and display application for use with any model of the KeyWiz.

Here are a couple of screen shots:

"In-Game"

"Classic Attract Mode" (rotating LED Segments)

Current Functionality of the Software:

Large LED Score Digits - Optimized for use with a 15" Display or larger

Skinnable Scoreboard Backdrop - Can be customized to fit the look of your game.

User definable Sound  Effects for  program start, coin-up,  game start, score increment, and game over,.

Can be wired so that each input  increases the score by  a preset amount.  10, 20 , 30 , 40 , 50 and 100 respectively

Can also be wired for revamping a traditional Skee-Ball type machine where the scoring is incremental based on the number of switches triggered (2 methods allowed)

Tracks Credits, number of balls played, when the game is over, etc.  Essentially it is completely functional sans WIN tiers.

Automatically  cycles into the classic  "Attract Mode" after a pre-determined amount of time following "Game Over"

Should work on just about any mid-level PII or better with any Windows OS (95 or better) , 15" or larger monitor and  Sound Card (not required, but more fun).  Like anything, it'll probably run smoother  on faster systems, but it should work well on quite a range. 

Work in Progress:

Single and Multiple Win Tiers - User definable in both quantity and levels.

Multi-Player Modes

Game Variations

Specialized hardware for external device control like Ball releases and ticket dispensers. (This is a "longer-term" one)

*EDIT*

The LED-Wiz can pretty much do this last part now, so it might just be time to re-visit the code to provide some output functionality and maybe take a look at updating it for the LED-Wiz+GP  ;)

The Software will be available free of charge, for personal use, to current and future users of the KeyWiz keyboard encoder product line.

If you own a KeyWiz and would like a copy , drop me a line and I'll put you on a beta list..  As usual,  all feedback is appreciated. :)

Thanks,
RandyT
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:06:23 pm by RandyT »

Ixliam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2018, 01:23:31 pm
  • DIY Skee-Ball Man
Re: KeyWiz JumpBall Software for Skee Style games
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 11:14:51 pm »
Looks nice.. well done. You've done what I hoped to eventually do with mine.

Brad

usedelectronics

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2019, 02:57:37 am
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 01:39:45 am »
Very Cool.

Awesome work, and EXACTLY what I had in mind.

Looks like I need to add a keywiz to the "need to order" list.

Stingray

• Official Slacker - I promise to try a lot less
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2021, 03:43:54 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 10:17:19 am »
Wow, that's great! If I only had room for a Skee Ball game I'd seriously think about building one. I guess I need to build a grage first. :)

-S
Stingray you magnificent bastard!
This place is dead lately.  Stingray scare everyone off?

Ixliam

• Offline Offline
  • DIY Skee-Ball Man
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 10:59:25 pm »
There are some 6' units. I'd wish I could have room for a 13' one, but that would be insanely huge. Its also much easier to build a 10 model rather than a 13' one.

Brad

Ixliam

• Offline Offline
  • DIY Skee-Ball Man
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 09:49:58 pm »
Need to add in a key for a gutter ball. If you gutter a ball, there is no way to detect that a ball was thrown with no score.

Brad

Balak95

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 02:03:43 pm
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 03:50:53 pm »
Could I please get the software, im new to this forum and the onlything stopping me from making my own skeeball is not having the software...I have all the hardware.

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 09:25:44 am »
I've been on the lookout for an original skee ball for a while now and while I'm not quite ready to go the DIY route, this is pretty cool (even if it's a 6 year old thread).
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup