Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Listing a particular game in mala - help!!!  (Read 1106 times)

deansatch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2011, 11:48:03 am
Listing a particular game in mala - help!!!
« on: January 17, 2011, 06:17:07 pm »
I have a couple of questions about mala front loader.

I have a game (street fighter 2 in this example) and if I list all games (not just the ones in the rom folder) I get about 20-30 different SF2 game options. A few of them work for me e.g. Street Fighter 2 Champ Edition (Rainbow set 1).
It is obviously no good listing every mame game as it is almost 10000 and I will probably only ever have about a hundred. If I check the option to display only roms in my roms folder, I get 1 SF2 option and it doesn't load due to missing files.
So...any idea how to cut my list down with that option but include the working file (I have to uncheck it and rebuild the list to get it back)

My second problem is; I have to use mame32.exe as my mame executable file in the setup to play SF2 but most of the other games I want to play need the latest normal mame.exe release. So at the moment I have to keep changing them and rebuilding lists etc... Just to switch between SF2 and Double Dragon (an essential favourite of mine)

Basically, is there a way for it to hold both mame files and choose the right one for the job?

Hope that makes sense 

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 06:53:06 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
Re: Listing a particular game in mala - help!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »
Loadman might have to chime in on this one but I believe the typical way to handle this is to configure mala to run a BAT file for MAME games and then, in that BAT file, use an IF to run a specific version of MAME for a specific game, and then default to running the "normal" version of mame for all other games.

Here's another take on it
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=106657.0

And a variation of the bat file version

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=68419.0

deansatch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2011, 11:48:03 am
Re: Listing a particular game in mala - help!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:46:35 am »
Thanks for that. It all looks very complex so I will read it over and over and give it a try again tonight. If anyone understands my problem and can explain it better to improve my chances of solving it it would be appreciated.

Also...Sorry, I didn't notice there is a MaLa forum on here so if any mod reads this, could you move my thread to the MaLa forum please?  :)