Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need advice/suggestions for marquee and sideart...  (Read 1424 times)

macaroni

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2003, 08:33:30 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Need advice/suggestions for marquee and sideart...
« on: August 14, 2003, 12:32:41 pm »
I've decided to call my machine "FLASHBACK".  I've picked the cover art from the Flashback game from the early to mid 90's as the background to work with.  Here is a link to the full cover: http://acorn.revivalteam.de/Pictures/Cover/fbfront.jpg

Here is the marquee so far:

My plan was to integrate faded out pictures into it, faded/washed out so that the original art was still visible and you could pick up suttle details of arcade art in it.  I've played and can't get anything I like.  Do any of you guys have any suggestions?

helios

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2005, 03:42:27 am
  • I'm a Moose!
Re:Need advice/suggestions for marquee and sideart...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 02:43:02 pm »
Just a suggestion, but I would definitley look into getting a nicer effect on the text-- Looks kinda wierd as flat blue beveled text over the background. Maybe chrome or something similar to the original Flashback art. As far as the characters, maybe pick a couple you really like, and make them most prominent, and then pick a couple secondary ones and make them less visible using masks,etc. to help flow with the b/g. What prog are you using?