Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AutoHotkey help please - RESOLVED!!!!!!  (Read 14908 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:37:41 pm
Re: AutoHotkey help please
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 11:22:13 pm »
this script should be kept somewhere where people can find it easily, there should be a repository for things like this on the boards.

+1

I was thinking a stickied thread, but there already seem to be a lot of them in this forum.

Gonna start a script folder on my computer so I don't lose it.

wxforecaster

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2019, 01:19:24 pm
Re: AutoHotkey help please
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2010, 12:03:59 am »
That did it!!!  i did not define a pause variable for the second cabinet, since it has a separate pause button, and now both cabinets work perfectly..thank you so much for all your work.  this is an awesome script, and i'm sure it will come in handy for others as well.  THis is really great...thank you so much.

this script should be kept somewhere where people can find it easily, there should be a repository for things like this on the boards.

thanks again.

You're quite welcome. I certainly don't mind writing AHK scripts for others now that I seem to have a strong handle on it.
I think we should probably clean this thread up though so that only the final version is there???

BTW, since I'm just beginning to customize my own setup, I could certainly use a subscription to HyperSpin if you guys want to donate (although to be honest, your enjoyment and thanks are enough for me).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:21:54 am by wxforecaster »

nitz

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2015, 07:57:29 pm
Re: AutoHotkey help please - RESOLVED!!!!!!
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 07:35:07 pm »
In proper usage, you should be spawning the script when you launch MAME, and terminate it when you close down the game and return to Windows (or your front end).
So, MaLa should be launching the .ahk script (or compiled .exe) when it launches MAME. If the front end cannot launch additional executables, than that in my opinion is a severe flaw in the frontend.

Perhaps this is a moot point now, but I was thinking about this and I think a workaround would be fairly simple if you wanted to just run the script when mame is running.

For mala, I would create a mame.cmd file and point mala to that instead of mame and in the command file you could type

mame.exe %1
cd c:\scripts
scriptname.ahk
exit

substituting your own file and folder names of course ;)