Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: space zap,return to zapping!  (Read 13840 times)

saleem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2012, 08:03:39 am
Re: space zap,return to zapping!
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 10:56:50 am »
so am finaly near the end of this restore.i have joined up the art and i think it came out rather nice myself.there are still some areas that need a second going over to give more depth to the black as i used a paint pen and it covered well in some areas more than others so just to give you an idea heres a close up pic:

just a general pics of what it looks like now.yes,you can see the clutter of the other machines/projects i got going:

so whats left to do?

ok,i got 3 new leg levellers on the cab,was putting the last one on and it looks like the part you screw the leg into as seen better days,it was rusted and thewre was some damage to the ply on the bottom corner where it was.when i was turning the leg leveller round it turned the part it screws into off the cab bottom,so its now splintered a bit in that area.you cant see it but,i got to fill it now and sand then refit the leg leveller part (its the tnut thing) i made it easier for myself as the (tnut thing) was rusted and the leg leveller went so far then it stuck due to rusted thread.so i have sorted it out now and i have screwed the leg leveller on so i will fit it as 1 whole unit.so its just stood on 3 legs at the mo.

i got some more touching up of the black where it isnt dark enough and a bit of grey paint to do where the black bled a litlle too much but,all in all its nigh on finished.

all i will do now is just post a pic when it is 100% done and in my living room.

certainly been a interesting even though it was a slow restore.probably the only space zap restore i have seen on the net so mine might be the first ever!

thanks.
:)

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 10:18:50 pm »
How does one go about having custom stencils made for something like this? From a newbies perspective.
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

saleem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2012, 08:03:39 am
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2010, 06:10:19 am »
get the vector files for the cab you want the stencils for and if you cant actualy already buy them contact a stencil cutting company online and see who gives you best quote.i still have the stencils for the space zap,i made sure i got them cut with reusable mylar so i could sell them on for half of what i payed that way whoever buys them got the same deal as me as the stencil for space zap is not readily available to buy from anywhere.

they cut from vector files in pdf and other formats.

basicly it was a commissioned job.
:)

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 10:16:12 pm »
Nice work on the resto. I used to play the mess out of that game when it came out, lots of fun. It gets crazy fairly quick.

rotheblog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2019, 10:27:39 pm
    • Rotheblog Arcade
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 10:23:50 am »
Can you share the name of the company that helped you make the stencils?
Rotheblog.com - Classic arcade games blog

CoinOpSpace.com - A social network for collecting arcade games, a friendly community, and a focus on easy content sharing.

I partner with This Old Game to vectorize your arcade artwork.

No PM's. Email at rothecreations@gmail.c

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 11:52:23 am »
get the vector files for the cab

I don't know how I missed this project. Space Zap is one of my all time favorite games.  Great job!

Are the vector files out there for Space Zap?

boardjunkie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2019, 06:05:58 pm
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 08:06:00 pm »
Just for the record, or....stupid arcade game tricks, you can play that game on any TV that has component video inputs....*in color*. You just need to consult the manual and make up the right cabling.

MAME actually displays it correctly....thats the way it looks via the color video outputs. I did this recently after repairing an Extra Bases boardset (same DNA card cage hardware) just to verify.

Midway cheaped out and used a b/w monitor, so only the luma line is used in that configuration.