Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: M3 19" EX II touch screen doing strange things in calibration  (Read 1566 times)

marstc1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2019, 02:55:09 pm
Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong area, Mods please feel free to move.

So I thought I would call on my fellow touch screen jukebox buddies for help ...  I have recently bought a pre-owned 19" monitor (no bezel) which has a 3M EX II touch screen kit attached which I plan to use with Zenpoint.

If I use the touch screen whilst touching the metal casing of the monitor with my other hand all works fine.

When I do the same test without holding the metal casing the top half of the screen appears uncalibrated.

eg. if I go left to right across the bottom half of the screen all is well however if I go right to left in the top half of the screen the mouse pointer increasingly moves ahead of my finger as I move it across the screen so that when I stop the mouse is about an inch away.

What concerns me more is I can feel a vibration coming from the screen when I use it without touching the metal casing of the monitor, similar to a low voltage electric shock so I am suspecting maybe a dodgy ground connection.

Has anyone got any ideas or experienced anything similar? if so I would love to know.

Cheers

Chris

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Re: M3 19" EX II touch screen doing strange things in calibration
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:58:01 pm »
Is your EX II powered from the monitor chassis?
May want to check the actuall voltage feeding the microcontroller.
There should be an external ground wire coming off the microcontroller box. (two power, one ground) Should be grounded to the frame somewhere.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.