Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by Nitro0602 - Last post by Nitro0602

Hey guys!
Any encoders that can do that? Similar to the Mayflash f300/400 joysticks where you slide it to x/y?
I was hoping thereís one that had a mode button where you just push it and switches between the two?

Started by DalSegno - Last post by DalSegno

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with a Nanao MS8-29FN87 (not that I can find much on that model but anyway), it was non-working when I received it. I cleaned the board and did a cap kit, and now it's working save for this oscillating / ringing brightness issue.

I noticed the issue moves with width adjustment but NOT with horizontal position, if that helps narrow down where the issue could be. Any advice is appreciated!!

3   Project Announcements / Re: Hoping for a neato idea.on Today at 05:27:17 am

Started by Zakk - Last post by PL1

Why don't you just use a servo motor?  There are plenty of 360 degree ones, they have a built-in gear box for torque and with the explosion of hobby robotics, there are some really beefy ones that should have plenty of power.  And programming the movement speeds and direction would be super simple. 
Thanks for the rabbit hole.   :P   :lol

A servo sounds like an interesting option.

Pros:
- Don't need limit switches.
- Wide variety of inexpensive high-torque models.
- You can get ~2"/50mm dual-arm 25-tooth aluminum servo horns since plastic ones won't handle the torque.
  -- Dual-arm allows you to apply even force to both sides of the tube for smoother rotation and provides room for the wiring.
  -- If you want to get closer to 360 degrees of rotation, you might need to use a single arm horn or a right angle horn.

Cons:
- Some servos are noisy.
- Some only provide 1/2 the torque they are supposed to be rated for.
- There might be a problem with sudden motion when initializing the servo position of a standard 3-wire servo.
  -- Looks like you can avoid that by using a feedback servo motor like this one or this one.

Scott

Started by grendelrt - Last post by GroggyExpulsion

And what is the opinion on the mode switching? Does it put too much stress on the chassis?

I'm running groovyarcade with a tri-sync chassis using option 1.. but of course 99% of the games I play are low res

5   Project Announcements / Re: Hoping for a neato idea.on Yesterday at 11:15:15 pm

Started by Zakk - Last post by JudgeRob

Hey dude, that project sounds nice! 

Why don't you just use a servo motor?  There are plenty of 360 degree ones, they have a built-in gear box for torque and with the explosion of hobby robotics, there are some really beefy ones that should have plenty of power.  And programming the movement speeds and direction would be super simple. 

Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Started by harri - Last post by HitmanHart

I've seen a lot of debate out there about this. 

I did my own research and reached the conclusion that, for me, going with the Sinden gus was the path of least resistance.  I am skilled enough in electronics to do things on my own, but I decided that for what Sinden was delivering along with continual development on them, that they would work for me.

I was right.  They are solid.  Not perfect, as they require tweaking the software (as Fursphere mentioned correctly).  They are also kind of sensitive to room lighting (turning off any lights that will cause glare on your screen is important, but that's not that bad and easy to work around (turn off the lights while playing).

There are other solutions (Gun4IR, etc...) and really you just have to research and decide what path you're wanting to follow.  I'm not sure there's a bad decision to made as they all seem to work and all seem to have about the same price point once all is said and done.

Good luck and keep us updated.

7   GroovyMAME / Re: GroovyMAME/ARCADE32/64 custom buildon Yesterday at 04:29:00 pm

Started by haynor666 - Last post by haynor666

Version 266 is out.

8   Buy/Sell/Trade - non-retail / Sindek Light Gun w Recoilon Yesterday at 04:20:54 pm

Started by steved61 - Last post by steved61

Red Simden Light gun
Recoil
Holster

$125.00 Shipped

Started by scott.childress123 - Last post by scott.childress123

Recroom Masters Brand and all details can be found on their website. In excellent shape with no wear and tear. Includes parts to add to arcade housing or can be used on a table top. Also includes matching arcade marquee. Has the optional trackball. Can be used with PC, Raspberry Pi and MAC. Choose between Keyboard, X-Input and D-Input. Iím located in West Columbia, SC.

Here is my Ebay link. I can also sell locally near Columbia SC.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226195863650?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vRwCHEWXQ8W&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=vRwCHEWXQ8W&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started by Customcade - Last post by Customcade

If I am asking to much make an offer!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10