Main Woodworking Reviews Software Monitor/Video Maximus Arcade
Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Project Announcements Artwork Consoles Buy/Sell/Trade Meet Up
Arcade Miscellaneous Everything Else Politics n Religion Forum Discussion Wiki Discussion GroovyMAME
DOS/WinCab Merit/JVL Touchscreen Automated Projects Driving & Racing Project Arcade Old Boards
Linux Restorations Pinball MaLa Frontend controls.dat Old Archives

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Arcade | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS

Author Topic: hiscore diff (with no nag/white box removal)  (Read 211887 times)

bclinton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Re: hiscore diff (with no nag/white box removal)
« Reply #880 on: August 26, 2014, 07:48:15 am »
Thanks guys for getting it sorted out. I've uploaded the latest patch and will use that going forward!

Alright.  Total newbie here, so be prepared.  I'm using .154.

I've followed the instructions on the first page of this post to the letter (as far as I'm aware).  I used Mr Do's instructions to compile MAME (I'm such a newb that I don't even know what compiling means, I just followed the instructions) and I downloaded the correct diff file and again followed the instructions to the letter (as far as I'm aware - I think you're getting some idea of my competency level here).

The Mame executable runs just fine, but I'm still getting the nagscreen/loading screen and I'm not sure what to do from here.  Bearing in mind I'm not going to understand a heap of technical terminology, does anyone know what I can do from here?  Have I even given you enough info to know what my problem is?

I'm using Windows 7, 64 Bit if that matters.

Thanks in advance and apologies for my idiocy.

Not trying to change you game plan but I struggled with this too until I found mameuifx. It is already modified to support hi scores and remove nag screens. Take a look at it if you hit a wall...

Skeeball_Fanatic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: hiscore diff (with no nag/white box removal)
« Reply #881 on: August 26, 2014, 07:35:16 pm »
Thanks guys for getting it sorted out. I've uploaded the latest patch and will use that going forward!

Alright.  Total newbie here, so be prepared.  I'm using .154.

I've followed the instructions on the first page of this post to the letter (as far as I'm aware).  I used Mr Do's instructions to compile MAME (I'm such a newb that I don't even know what compiling means, I just followed the instructions) and I downloaded the correct diff file and again followed the instructions to the letter (as far as I'm aware - I think you're getting some idea of my competency level here).

The Mame executable runs just fine, but I'm still getting the nagscreen/loading screen and I'm not sure what to do from here.  Bearing in mind I'm not going to understand a heap of technical terminology, does anyone know what I can do from here?  Have I even given you enough info to know what my problem is?

I'm using Windows 7, 64 Bit if that matters.

Thanks in advance and apologies for my idiocy.

Not trying to change you game plan but I struggled with this too until I found mameuifx. It is already modified to support hi scores and remove nag screens. Take a look at it if you hit a wall...

Thanks dude, I will look now.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28