Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Visual PinBall DMD Not Keeping It's Position On Second Screen  (Read 6390 times)

spacegoogie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2012, 02:53:32 pm
I'm not really a newbie when it comes to this stuff, but now I need some help. I'm running windows 7 32-bit with an BFG 8800 GTS 512. Visual PinBall 9.xx and 8.xx( about a year and a half ago same setup worked) The problem I'm having is my DMD will not stay put on the second monitor. I have to reposition to the second screen every time I restart a table.
I have look at all kinds of suggestions on the VP forums from using older drivers (I was using latest now I'm trying 182.50 with no luck) reinstalling PinMame to deleting stuff in regedit. My second monitor is also set up to the right of the play-field. The funny thing is when I launch VP I have to drag the DMD to the top of the Play-Field monitor, so VP is seeing monitor 1 under monitor 2 ? Yet when I'm not in VP everything can be dragged to the right. So I'm thinking this might have something to do with it. Anyway it's driving me nuts and any help on a fix for this would be nice.

Thanks Again!  :cheers:
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
YouTube Channel: Arcades at home: http://www.youtube.com/spacegoogie

BamBam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2011, 07:18:19 am
  • This is better than Disney Land man!
Re: Visual PinBall DMD Not Keeping It's Position On Second Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:18:41 am »
I'm not really a newbie when it comes to this stuff, but now I need some help. I'm running windows 7 32-bit with an BFG 8800 GTS 512. Visual PinBall 9.xx and 8.xx( about a year and a half ago same setup worked) The problem I'm having is my DMD will not stay put on the second monitor. I have to reposition to the second screen every time I restart a table.
I have look at all kinds of suggestions on the VP forums from using older drivers (I was using latest now I'm trying 182.50 with no luck) reinstalling PinMame to deleting stuff in regedit. My second monitor is also set up to the right of the play-field. The funny thing is when I launch VP I have to drag the DMD to the top of the Play-Field monitor, so VP is seeing monitor 1 under monitor 2 ? Yet when I'm not in VP everything can be dragged to the right. So I'm thinking this might have something to do with it. Anyway it's driving me nuts and any help on a fix for this would be nice.

Thanks Again!  :cheers:

Just bumping this as I would like to know too.
Galaga... Was there any other game?

spacegoogie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2012, 02:53:32 pm
Re: Visual PinBall DMD Not Keeping It's Position On Second Screen
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 01:48:02 pm »
Omg I forgot all about this post. I did get this fixed.
Here is a link with the same problem and after I wiped everything out, (deleting everything pinmame and VP)
Also installing an extra file. I don't recall the file name but I'm sure It's mentioned in this post somewhere. Here is the link. http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8345&page=4
This is the 4th page of the post so keep that in mind. You might have to go back a few pages to find stuff.
 :cheers:
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
YouTube Channel: Arcades at home: http://www.youtube.com/spacegoogie