Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Project Announcements / Re: Making SEGA Genesis cartridgeson Yesterday at 11:19:21 pm

Started by pbj - Last post by pbj

Hey, those look great, nice work.  Where are you sourcing the cases?

I’ve picked up a few Super Famicom carts lately because they’re so ridiculously cheap.  So cheap, relative to American carts, that I’ve contemplated popping the chips off the boards and burning US ROMs.  Particularly the Final Fantasy games that are $5 vs $50.

:cheers:

2   Everything Else / Re: RIP - The Dead Celebrity Threadon Yesterday at 08:52:25 pm

Started by Ginsu Victim - Last post by Thenasty

Louis Gossett Jr., 87

RIP

Started by abispac - Last post by lilshawn

bill acceptors are coded for a cashcode type serial interface for the MDB protocol. you would need some kind of signal convertor to decode the datastream to find out what bill was inserted.

you will also need to send a signal to enable the acceptor to be able to accept bills... otherwise you need to switch it over to stand alone mode.

Started by l1nt - Last post by lilshawn

are you replacing the fuse with the proper type?, a 0.5a (500ma) slow blow fuse... and not a regular "fast blow" type (AGC)

5   Project Announcements / Re: Making SEGA Genesis cartridgeson Yesterday at 07:49:30 pm

Started by pbj - Last post by meltedcactus86

This is awesome! I did a similar project for my SNES. I swapped all my NA cart guts to SFC carts and redesigned the front and rear labels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/comments/1br3a2e/custom_snes_labels/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Started by zeorangr - Last post by javeryh

Sorry for the thread necromancy (since it's only been like a year... :o), but I wanted to share a quick update.  I finally uploaded a 'showcase' video - check the first post!

This is really incredible. I just watched the entire video and was mesmerized. I have really never looked into any games other than MAME for my arcade cabinets because Zelda and Final Fantasy don't really appeal to me while standing up but it looks like you have hundreds of games that would be a lot of fun to play. And I'm not even talking about the pinball stuff! Now I need to do a deep dive to see what's out there... is there a list somewhere?

You should be really proud of this build - I bet when friends are over it's on the whole time.   :applaud:

Started by JayBee - Last post by Jardielsilva

Boa noite!

Resolvido! reinstalei os drivers.

Started by bobbyb13 - Last post by Zebidee

Wow  :o   The final cost of those finished cabs is eye-watering. Would have to be a damn good game.

https://alan-1.com/product/avian-knights-deluxe-coin-op-arcade-game-4-players/

Started by l1nt - Last post by l1nt

Well tested both resistors (R0 & R39) and the capacitor (C15) by taking them out of circuit and they test fine. TRIAC was testing at odd ohms and continuity so I replaced it. Put everything back and got three games in before the ball release arm gave a small attempt at releasing balls when starting a game. the fuse was blow again.

Really getting disheartened on troubleshooting this one!

10   Driving & Racing Cabinets / Re: Road Fighters 3Don Yesterday at 04:02:58 pm

Started by vandale - Last post by scoodidabop

I would be super jazzed if someone PMd me some info on this game! Seems very hard to obtain now and the usual sources are turning up nothing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10