Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Everything Else / Re: The CONCERT Discussion Threadon Yesterday at 09:56:51 pm

Started by javeryh - Last post by pbj

“Life is for the living, we’re not here to discuss Ian Curtis.”

::)

Pass!

2   Merit/JVL Touchscreen / Re: Firefly eBay findon Yesterday at 09:36:37 pm

Started by Megatouchmike - Last post by mahkeymike

goes the dynamite....

3   Monitor/Video Forum / Re: MiniGun SuperGun sync issueon Yesterday at 09:17:43 pm

Started by Prpl_Turtle - Last post by Zebidee

Do you mean this one?
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/minigun-supergun-an-open-source-supergun.9408/

I think Frank is active on the Aussie Arcade forums too. So might be worth looking/asking there.

Having a look over the schematics, I'd say that the sync level might be too high for consumer CRT TV. The sync is being amped identically to the RGB signals (by the THS7374 chip), which is up to 0 - 2vpp (before any termination at the TV/monitor). This would be fine for an arcade monitor, which I think is what it is designed for, but could be too high for TVs that want sync at 0 - 0.3vpp.

What you could do is to add a resistor between the device's sync output and the TV. I'd guess something like 150R - 470R. Or try using a 1K or 500R pot (only 2 legs connected) to dial it in. Use your multimeter to measure voltages before and after.

You could take the sync from TMNT direct and bypass the Minigun! If you do so, I suggest adding a ~470R+ resistor or a 1K pot as suggested above.

Also, try using your TMNT with another cab/JAMMA setup to see if it has a problem, to rule it out.

A few more details and links to confirm this is the same thing :D

As always, pics or it didn't happen!  :pics

4   Everything Else / Re: Cocaine hidden in Jukebox on Yesterday at 08:12:38 pm

Started by Zebidee - Last post by Zebidee

I thought you were gonna post a picture of an Eric Clapton 45 that fell into the machine…

:lol Only looking for some Malted Milk myself, moving Cocaine in a jukebox going Back Home often leads to "singing the blues" or even Tears in Heaven, even if left Unplugged.

Started by psakhis - Last post by kanjieater

As promised, here's my list of games so far that I've found to be compatible.  I'll try not to include any others that have been noted here but aren't in the gsheet yet, but I may miss some.  Also please let me know if any of these are incorrect, I'll be happy to test out other settings but these are what I found worked for me.  I'll also try to note any special instructions as well.

Ape Out 432x240 - This one will work, but takes some messing around in the menu to get it to render properly.  Not sure how to fix it yet, but you can get it functioning.
Annalyn 640x480 - I saw somewhere that this would run at a lower res, but I couldn't get it working.
Carrion 640x480
Hammerwatch 480x270
Legend of Dungeon 640x480
Loop Hero 640x480
Luftrausers 640x480
Master Spy 320x240
Noita 640x480
Nongunz 576x320
Papers Please 570x320
Pixel Shinobi Nine Demons of Mamoru 640x480
Rashlander 320x240
Slain! Back From Hell 576 x 320
Streets of Rogue 640x480
The Messenger 576x320
Valfaris 640x480
Volgarr the Viking 640x480
Whoa Dave 480x288

All of mine are running at 120hz generally because I'm on a pc crt, so use your own refresh rates and/or adjust accordingly.
How did you get Loop Hero running at 640x480 when the game outputs 2x it's "native" resolution of 640×360? Is there a way to run it at less than it's minimum of 1280×720. Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LoopHero/comments/rldc4g/resolutionar_change/

I'm also having issues getting switchres standalone to run on windows with a path with spaces in it:

Code: [Select]
set fullpath=%~dp0
echo fullpath
A:\Games\PC\switchres\switchres.exe -s 640 480 60 -l "%fullpath%Loop Hero.exe" --display "Generic PnP Monitor" -f 640x480@60

3. Is there a newer standalone windows binaries version than the one calamity linked to on the second page of this thread?

Thank you  :notworthy:

Started by BadMouth - Last post by huffyX0

I know, there are other solutions around, but to keep it really simple I just updated the original batch file from 2016.

It now works with a 0.244 romset as well.

I'm very noob to .bat files, how do i get this to work with my .244 merged set?

I placed this in my mame 0.244 merged set and renamed the .txt to .bat and double clicked, but nothing happed but made empty folders. with the original file that is what i did and it worked.

any help is much appreciated. thank you

7   Driving & Racing Cabinets / Re: FFB Arcade Pluginon Yesterday at 05:28:32 pm

Started by Boomslang - Last post by Boomslang

Needs to be set as upright cab

All this information is in readme or ffb help on FFBPluginGUI.exe

8   Everything Else / Re: The CONCERT Discussion Threadon Yesterday at 05:07:40 pm

Started by javeryh - Last post by 10yard

I’ve got tickets for New Order/Pet Shop Boys at the Hollywood Bowl in October. It will be my third time seeing NO, but my first for PSB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fantastic!  I’m a huge Joy Division/New Order/Peter Hook and the Light fan,  I’d love to see them at Maddison Sq. Garden.  Trying my best to get tickets at the mo. I’m in UK. 

9   Everything Else / Re: The CONCERT Discussion Threadon Yesterday at 03:38:44 pm

Started by javeryh - Last post by yotsuya

I’ve got tickets for New Order/Pet Shop Boys at the Hollywood Bowl in October. It will be my third time seeing NO, but my first for PSB.

10   Everything Else / Re: Cocaine hidden in Jukebox on Yesterday at 03:36:57 pm

Started by Zebidee - Last post by yotsuya

I thought you were gonna post a picture of an Eric Clapton 45 that fell into the machine…

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10