Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Monitor/Video Forum / Re: This should be interestingon Today at 08:41:59 pm

Started by Mike A - Last post by bobbyb13

With all those good spares it sounds like you should be building something!

I really wish I knew where to begin with fixing chassis.

I know what lilshawn said was english and useful but it may as well have been written in cantonese.

Started by RetroACTIVE - Last post by Silverwind

Can you share your mame.ini and switchres.conf for the betson?  Thanks!

3   Monitor/Video Forum / Re: This should be interestingon Today at 08:05:32 pm

Started by Mike A - Last post by Mike A

I tested all of the monitors.

out of 16...

1 has vertical collapse

1 has a bad flyback

1 works fine, but has a chewed up anode wire. It needs to be replaced.

3 of them have tube burn that I consider bad. They will need tube swaps.

Not bad for 200 bucks.

Started by stpcore - Last post by Captainspaulding

Run the installation dics again;
Recovery disc then game discs 1-3
If your goal is to get online, then do not run the all access pass patch disc.

Are you still planning on upgrading to a better computer? If so, you should probably do that before going online too.

I upgraded to 1.5GB of RAM and used a solid state drive and it's running really smooth and boots so fast.

I'll go back through and leave all access pass off.

Thank you!

Started by stpcore - Last post by drummer_god

Run the installation dics again;
Recovery disc then game discs 1-3
If your goal is to get online, then do not run the all access pass patch disc.

Are you still planning on upgrading to a better computer? If so, you should probably do that before going online too.

6   Monitor/Video Forum / Re: This should be interestingon Today at 06:45:57 pm

Started by Mike A - Last post by Mike A

Vertical collapse is one of those failures you are kind of glad to see.

Straight forward problem.

Now I have a D7700 with a bad flyback.

Is there a source for those?

7   Monitor/Video Forum / Re: This should be interestingon Today at 06:30:30 pm

Started by Mike A - Last post by lilshawn

vertical collapse...either the TDA chip or the resistor feeding power into it has gone open or out of spec... or both. (usually the vert chip fails, goes shorted output and overloads the resistor, blowing it open.

Started by stpcore - Last post by Captainspaulding

You donít pay until youíre online and itís too late to do that tonight.
Talk soon.

Turns out GameFace is broken in the version I have anyways... how do I roll back a patch?  Is that possible?

Started by dmckean - Last post by chopperthedog

I have a soft spot for some of the PSX driving games, with any emulation set up and different usb adapters I've tried over the years the negcon protocol never worked right. I've got a couple favorite hand held driving controllers that are negcon based and only way to use them was on original hardware.

My PSX snac adapter came in yesterday and I'm a happy camper. All I had to do was set snac as controller, launch game and in the options of the game it acknowledged there was a negcon plugged in. Rocked some R4 for about an hour and it felt like og hardware.

I also gave the input selector relay a workout on my CRT with having my real PSX plugged in via s-video and MiSTer with component. Set up situations where I could quickly switch inputs for comparisons. Was quite impressed to see almost zero difference between the 2 signals, something not possible with video from i.o board.

fun stuff.

good day.

10   Monitor/Video Forum / Re: This should be interestingon Today at 01:22:50 pm

Started by Mike A - Last post by bobbyb13

What a score those are proving to be- except for the wareanty bit of course.
Those ---daisies---!

I have one of those chassis with vertical collapse too.
Let me know what you do to fix it and maybe I can learn something useful this month!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10