Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Main Forum / Re: Stable IDs in MAME .251on Today at 03:39:50 am

Started by milhouse - Last post by Ginsonic

Any suggestions? Could it have to do with the multiple identical entries for the Ultra-Sticks in .251 using HIP and PID (as mice, lightguns, and joysticks), vs a unique name for the Joystick Device ID in .246?

Most likely, Yes! If a device has multiple HID properties (Mouse, Joystick, Keyboard), you have to insert the exact VID/PID combination of the desired HID device,
so try: <mapdevice device="VID_D2094&amp;PID_05014&amp;MI_00" controller="JOYCODE_1" /> instead of "<mapdevice device="Ultimarc Ultra-Stik Player 1" controller="JOYCODE_1" />"

Started by bobbyb13 - Last post by lilshawn

The power supply had some really burned connectors and one that was so obviously bad that someone had just yanked the header and soldered directly to the board.

this is normal pinhack repair. the pins and connector burn up and instead of spending 10 bucks and replacing them, people just solder the wires to the board...nothing really wrong with it per se, but it make it a pain in the butt to repair since now your stuff is attached together.

It was a mess that took a while to clean up and it still didn't put out good voltage.

yeah the voltages aren't real critical. as long as the +5v is good and making it to the CPU board processors at 5.something volts... the others can be out by quite a bit before you notice.

The mpu was so alkaline scorched that by the time I figured I had all that neutralized there was no mask in various spots anymore and the chips it drooled through were not happy either.

The battery waterfall was so bad for so long that it made it into the playfield power board too.

i don't know why anyone thought putting batteries that leak onto a board and not in a holder away from everything was a good idea.

So...
After a box with some Rottendog pcbs arrived and I repaired a bunch or wiring harness I was greeted with the themesong from a favorite cartoon show.

ahh the easy, stress reduced way of gettin' 'er done

Started by bobbyb13 - Last post by bobbyb13

I'm as stunned as anyone could be, but I have a functional Simpsons pinball machine.

The power supply had some really burned connectors and one that was so obviously bad that someone had just yanked the header and soldered directly to the board.
It was a mess that took a while to clean up and it still didn't put out good voltage.

The mpu was so alkaline scorched that by the time I figured I had all that neutralized there was no mask in various spots anymore and the chips it drooled through were not happy either.

The battery waterfall was so bad for so long that it made it into the playfield power board too.

So...
After a box with some Rottendog pcbs arrived and I repaired a bunch or wiring harness I was greeted with the themesong from a favorite cartoon show.

Totally ridiculous.
Really fun.

I'm still waiting on those new led bulbs but I swapped out all the rubber anyway and got some shiny new balls and it is a fun machine.

I'll need to stop playing it long enough to swap in new drop targets (even broke one playing today) and there is somebody on pinside trying to recreate playfield art so who knows how sexy this one could get before I'm done.

Doh!

Started by argonlefou - Last post by vd2021

Looking for some help. Rabbids Hollywood crashes before or shortly after loading into gameplay. I've attached the error log that were generated after a crash.

Started by GroggyExpulsion - Last post by GroggyExpulsion

right you are.. didn't realise how long that line was

Thanks for the patience  ;D

6   Main Forum / Re: Graphics settingson Yesterday at 08:55:43 pm

Started by Tommy714 - Last post by KenToad

Try a fresh copy of Mame. It's probably related to vector settings or hlsl, but I'm not expert in filters as I don't use them.

7   Main Forum / Re: Graphics settingson Yesterday at 07:07:19 pm

Started by Tommy714 - Last post by Tommy714

Ok, with a little more digging, when I run MAME.exe, and go through the non-gui menu to select and run Tailgunner, I get the same fuzzy result. 

It appears my setup issue is with MAME.exe rather than the front end.  I've played around with the video options, but to no avail.  Am I missing something?

Started by SailorSat - Last post by buttersoft

hah, that's great. I'm loving the progress of this, Sailorsat!

9   Software Forum / Re: Screen HLSL effects questionson Yesterday at 05:39:35 pm

Started by Justin - Last post by gildahl

Couldn't honestly say whether embedded graphics would work well (I'd be leery), but an i7 4770 plus 1070 non-Ti will certainly be fine.  Yeah, 25.5" is a more unusual size.  I use a 24" 16:10 monitor with a 4:3 bezel in front of it.  That's a much more attainable size if you can't get the 25.5.   

Started by Jimbo - Last post by roknrol

Hey Jimbo - Did you ever complete your testing? I had bookmarked this thread long ago, but it doesnít look like much activity has transpired. Just curious.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10