Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by geecab - Last post by GPForverer2024

Thanks also for adding ice_skid_fade soon!

Started by geecab - Last post by GPForverer2024

Hi Geecab!

That's it, the 2 64-bit screens work!!!! whaooouu   :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I had to reverse the launch of the 2 command-line instances, namely: start Mgpr...... export.cfg and call Mgpr........ import.cfg

And for the ice cream yes I found the ice option and I modified it it's much better!

Small question for the playfield my screen is in a vertical position so elongation of the image but especially of the cars, do you think it will be possible to add an option to modify the W and H of the cars??

otherwise once again BRAVO and BIG THANK YOU FOR THIS FABULOUS MGPR! ;)

Started by geecab - Last post by geecab

Hi GPForverer2024 !

I just tested the D3 version 32 Bits and 64 Bits for information as weird as it may seem impossible to launch the import instance for the 2 versions in fact it launches the game directly to me (playfield)

I've been giving some thought to this, I think perhaps the configuration you are specifying on the cmd line may have a typo in it. If mgpr.exe doesn't find the configuration you specified in its 'cfg' directory, it'll create a default configuration (that is just the playfield) for you with the name you specified. I'm guessing I know... perhaps try running mgpr.exe without any cmd line arguments, it should list all the configurations files it finds in 'cfg', allowing you to pick one by typing in its index. Try running the configuration that way.

maybe add a swipe option for the car to make sure that the car stops not too sharp, which creates the jerky effect I think

Cool, good idea 👍I'll add an ice_skid_fade setting (or something like that) that is used too choose how fast the skid fades to a 'no skidding' state.

Hope this helps 🙂

Started by geecab - Last post by geecab

Amazing, thank you!!

No worries suverman! 🙂

Started by geecab - Last post by suverman

In this debug version:

- New steering options for wheels with limited rotation; steering_curve and steering_range. Hopefully, the picture attached gives you an idea what these do. For your g29 wheel you should no longer have to set the steering sensitivity sky high anymore. I recommend setting steering sensitivity to 100%, then tweaking the steering range and curve to get the ideal response.

- Ice road response is now more like the arcade. After watching some youtube videos I noticed differences with MGPr and the actual arcade game. On the arcade version, the car does stop skidding after a short timeout if the wheel remains still (MGPr used to skid constantly when on ice). Also, as you noticed, MGPr's steering response was more sensitive when driving on ice than on normal roads, which was wrong. So I've fixed this and also added some new ice road gameplay options as I might choose to tweak these settings in future.

- Small change to the in-game editor, where if you are viewing an option with a long description, the description will scroll across the screen (rather than being cropped).

Enjoy :)

Amazing, thank you!!

6   Everything Else / Re: So ... 3d Printers....on Yesterday at 11:38:43 pm

Started by Howard_Casto - Last post by Ond

I've not had a good week.  It doesn't really matter why.  *sigh* Anyway, I'm thinking of buying me my very own 3D printer!  I watched a Creality K1 working at speed in the shop the other day, very impressive!  A bit pricey though, so I think I'll get me a V3 KE.  They seem to be the best value for money. Has anyone got one?  Are they good? Alternatives?

Started by Zebidee - Last post by Ond

I have my new one now. About all I've done is unwrap it and inspect the board close up. I don't know how it performs yet (that's coming) but the PCB work is very clean and pro. I don't even know what those pots do  :lol.  I think it's kind of cool to have access to something very niche like this.  I certainly don't sell anything in the shop like it, just rubbishy vga to composite stuff. I'm not so much a purist as a perfectionist. If I go down the rabbit hole of design getting something to satisfy me goes on and on and Ond.  Good work work Zeb. :cheers:

Started by rcdude1990 - Last post by rcdude1990

Quick update! Seeing a previous post someone mentioned using usb image tool and a cf card reader.
I got a cf reader to usb, loaded up usb image tool, put the original 512gb cf card in and did a backup.

After it was complete I put the new 1gb in and restored the 512mb image... went to the orion, put the 1gb in and the system booted... I put my usb stick and did a factory reset... I now have to make a video (I plan to make a tutorial for this as well) and record the 512mb game list vs the 1gb... but seeing 2 categories I definitly have more games / the game list I found online. Really excited now!

Started by ThatOneSeong - Last post by Daniel B.

I may have missed it, as I've been out of the forum for a few years. Is there a BOM list for this project?

I've already bought a "license" for gun4IR and just want to figure out whats going to the best and easiest for me.

I have CRT arcade cabs but Would still love line of sight accuracy on flat panels and the like.

Appreciate all your hard work as I've skimmed this you guys are absolute Mad lads!

Started by JayBee - Last post by Daniel B.

Ok so it's been a couple of years since I donated. Is this still the most up to date version from my link?

JB_GUN4IR_GUI_1.26_FW_2.64.zip

If not, may I please email you JB for an update?

Additionally, If I purchase this https://rpegelectronics.com/products/universal-gun4ir-diy-pcb?pr_prod_strat=jac&pr_rec_id=6a4074826&pr_rec_pid=7500555387069&pr_ref_pid=7150185021629&pr_seq=uniform

Aside from a gun shell, what else is needed to be purchased? I'm trying to decide if I want to build this or just put sindens on the credit card and hide from my wife.

Thanks all.
Daniel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10