Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by geecab - Last post by GPForverer2024

Hi GEECAB!

That's it, I found to add the green dashes, thanks for the info!!

Regarding the Monaco GP which lights up by adding a coin to play frankly great idea I already image it with a neon effect style it flashes 2 or 3 times before lighting up !!

For the logo excellent engine problem! And I also thought for the logo of the headlights that lights up when you switch to night mode would be great!!

I was also thinking for the starting checkerboard if it would be too complicated to add an option to shorten it?

For example, the timer starts once the line has been crossed?

(it's just an idea)

THANK YOU GEECAB

2   Software Forum / WINUAE using Attractmode....helpon Yesterday at 11:10:26 pm

Started by RosscoScot - Last post by RosscoScot

Hi There,

I'm a newbie....built a arcade cabinet and trying to get emulators on front end with Attractmode.

Tearing my hair out trying to set up WINUAE....Can anyone help please...I;m desperate.

I'm really not sure where to start, I'd really appreciate any assistance on how to set up

Thanks

3   Project Announcements / Project Too Big and Spinnyon Yesterday at 08:28:53 pm

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

Starting this thread to document my journey into my 3rd cabinet build. The last 2 being LCD bartops, this is a bit more in depth. Current plans, 32" RGB converted Sony Trinitron for the monitor. 9700k, 32gbs ram, 280x PC for crt-emudriver. Hopefully running launchbox frontend with retroarch as I have a lot of experience with them and find them easy to work with, though I'm a little worried about how 240p and 480i will work with them. 2 4" speakers under the marquee box, subwoofer. 2 player control panel, hidden USB ports to connect additional arcade pads. Probably going to use an LED pixelcade panel for the marquee as I've always thought they looked cool. I considered LCD but unfortunately I can't find anyone that makes an LCD panel larger than 28", which is much too small for this build.

The most fun part to me, the monitor will rotate on a 40" lazy susan bearing. I only plan on manual rotation not motorized. I'll cut a small 3/4" slot into the marquee box and the control panel so the entire screen bezel can rotate with it. This avoids having an ugly cutout around the screen to accommodate both orientations. Bezel will be outset from the side panels and edge routed to slope down into where the edge molding meets. It's designed as seated cab, same control height as a candy cab. Though I'm considering insetting the entire cab into a riser with a joke to raise and lower it to standing height.

90% of parts are on order, once those arrive this will probably be a very fast project with a lot of updates. Once I get going I don't sleep until a project is done (unfortunately).

Behold:

Started by Edglaf - Last post by roostaar

Apologies to necrobump...

I'm using linux version of GroovyAracde on a 15khz CRT. I have a 1680x320 19" LCD widesecreen monitpor that displays marquee artwork really nicely when connected to my W10 PC.

Is there any way I could use this with my linux GroovyArcade PC? It has an AMD Radeon HD 7000 GFX card.

The DVI out goes to the VGA input of a Ultimarc J-PAC

The other output is a DisplayPort. The Marquee monitor has VGA and DisplayPort inputs.

I'm running AttractMode on the GroovyArcade.

Cheers! :cheers:

Started by Pauly - Last post by AaronMT

Really amazing work on this! I'm hoping to build a cabinet in this style. But I am too late for getting the information and files from Chance's thread. So I can't see dimensions. I'm hoping to be able to base those off your art files. Are those images you posted to scale? Do you have any of the original files with the template etc?

Thanks for your help!

Started by deezdrama - Last post by AaronMT

Hi, awesome build! I would love to build another cabinet in this style.

Do you still have the files from Chance to use as a template? I saw the photos you posted, but would love to have the original file to use like he recommended (printed out full size).

What dimensions did you end up with for your control panel and box? I saw the discussion with chance, but could find the final dimensions.

Thank you!

7   Restorations & repair / Re: WTB: Arachnid Partson Yesterday at 02:41:40 pm

Started by wnedden - Last post by hurdy

Hello - I'm looking for the little lights that go in the super 6 pcb board.  Any ideas where to find them?

Started by Kid Raster - Last post by Kid Raster

Scott thanks.  I'll start heading that way.  The offer for some beverages stands eternal.  :notworthy:

Started by SirPeale - Last post by FLX

Sonoma, CA

Sony KV-27S46 + uninstalled RGB SCART Mod

I bought this for $120 and spent the money on an RGB SCART mod that I didn’t install yet, but ended up with a great deal on a BMV A-20F1U instead.

Free for whoever's first!

Started by Kid Raster - Last post by PL1

When I assign it as gamepad key in the U-hid nano, I can't get it to detect at all.  There are choices for "down action" and "up action"- pic attached- I'm not sure what to choose in those fields.
There's a description of the various action choices at https://www.u-hid.com/home/u_config_utils.php, but I'd recommend trying "Normal Primary" for down and "Clear" for up with a gamepad button and shifter toggling disabled in MAME.

To disable toggling, upgrade to MAME v0.151 (or newer) and manually edit the polepos.cfg file using Notepad.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135345.0.html

Tested and confirmed working in MAME v0.262 and MAMEUIFX 0.152.  Just add the text in red to the port tag=":IN0L" (shifter) line.

. . .
        <input>
            <port tag=":IN0L" type="P1_BUTTON1" mask="2" defvalue="2" value="0" toggle="no" />
            <port tag=":BRAKE" type="P1_PEDAL2" mask="255" defvalue="0">
                <newseq type="standard">
. . .

If the shifter switch works backward, edit the .cfg file to map the control to "NOT".

https://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,165173.msg1741846.html#msg1741846

If the steps in this post don't work for you, check out this thread for some other options.

https://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,165173.0.html

Scott
EDIT: ROMnames for Pole Position changed in v0.150 so you'll need to update the ROM too.  Easiest way is to find a known version ROMset first then download the matching version of MAME.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10