Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by Substring - Last post by donluca

Probably it won't even boot on 128MB of RAM.

EDIT: I've been favoring Alpine Linux over Arch lately. I've found it nicer for "one purpose" situations like MAME emulation.
It also has a compatibility layer for glibc.

Started by argonlefou - Last post by scratcher53

Hi All,
New to lightguns and demulshooter having problems in sega model 2 setting up two guns.
I have built two Samco guns but can not get them to work in sega model 2 together. Installed and set them up in Demulshooter all is fine. When in game each gun controls the same curser. The blue one stays in the corner. Each gun works fine in single player. I have checked the ids for each gun and they are assinged correctly in demulshooter.
I have followed the instructions on the wiki page but still the same. Any ideas?
Thanks

Started by samco - Last post by scratcher53

Hi All,
New to light guns but have a few questions.
i have built two Samco guncon2 guns and using the 4 ir sketch, may use prow enhanced sketch, is there a way to re asign some keys. EG move the calibration key to the down key on the d pad and asign ESC to the up key. Also move the reload key from the left side to the bottom (currently the calibration key) ?
Thanks,

4   Lightguns / Re: Gun talk - Sega Type-II IR Gun setupon Today at 04:08:51 pm

Started by twistedsymphony - Last post by tangodownNZ

I am also setting up a sega light gun to my pc.
I need some help please.
I have a Gun I/O Board for Ghost Squad Sega 838-14465R03, a UHID, a ghost squad gun, Sega LED BD GUN SENSE HOD 838-13145R02 x 10, all out of the lindbergh ghost squad arcade cabinet.
I need some help with how to connect the uhid to the gun sense board and then on to my pc via usb. Can somebody please explain the pin out to the uhid. I have attached a drawing of the board but I don’t know what f.out and “ret” is for ect
I know there is an x and y axis, and the trigger, which I can see. But the gun has fire select switch and an action button, but I can not see these and don’t know how to wire them to the uhid.
Also any information that might help me would be great. Thank you

Started by Substring - Last post by Substring

GroovyArcade = ArchLinux, not yocto or buildroot. Which also means it only supports 64bits x86 architectures

6   Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Forum / Re: DW Jukeboxon Today at 11:32:01 am

Started by Jukeboxmike - Last post by Dermbrian

DWJukebox can either use the ID3 tags or the directory structure to create the titlestrips.  If you are using the directory structure, your albums need to be stored in the following manner:

Frank Sinatra
----Come Fly With Me
----Greatest Hits
----Songs for Swingin' Lovers
----Trilogy

Simon and Garfunkel
----Bridge Over Troubled Water
----Greatest Hits
----Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

There is one problem with this.  If you want to have a category in your directory, such as SOUNDTRACKS, that adds another directory Layer.  So "SOUNDTRACKS" shows up as the artist.  I'd rather have the soundtrack name show up as the artist, accompanied by the song title.  For example, I don't want to see "SOUNDTRACK - You're The One That I Want".  I want to see "Grease - You're The One That I Want".

If you use ID tags to create the title strips with, you have a bigger problem when you have multiple Album Artist (the field it uses) that have the same album.  So all of your songs from your "Greatest Hits" albums can get indexed weirdly.   I ended up using ID3 tags for titlestrip creation, but I had to rename the Album "Greatest Hits" to something along the line of "Frank Sinatra Greatest Hits" and "Simon And Garfunkel Greatest Hits".  Problem solved, but not without some work.

More and more, people acquire singles rather than albums of mp3's.  If that is the case, it's best to use the ID3 tags and creating the directory structure becomes less important....but you have to make sure your "album artist" is consistent and "album" is unique.  That may require editing of the tag to have any kind consistency in the titlestrips.

I hope all the above is clear and helpful.  It's worth it!

Started by Nitro0602 - Last post by PL1

Forgot to mention… could I use the joystick you posted below for the bat or was to aim with it?
The closest thing I've seen to combining an analog stick and the bat control in a single control is a 3 axis analog stick like this one.

To be clear, I do not recommend this stick for use as a baseball bat controller and the one I linked to is WAY overpriced.
- I posted it as an example of an approach not to follow.

There are no off-the-shelf controls I've seen that will work well for this type of controller.
- I doubt you'll be happy with the mods you can do to those off-the-shelf controls that makes them kinda-sorta-almost work.

I'll let you know if there's some fatal flaw in my 3d printed control design.
- Unless and until a flaw like that is found, there's no reason for me to waste any more time on other approaches.
----------
Just ordered these 1/4" shaft collars.
- You'll need 2 per bat control.  One to mount the cam (green/blue) to the shaft. (yellow)  The other to mount the hub+baseball bat lever to the shaft.

Scott

8   Lightguns / Re: Rambo start button not workingon Today at 09:40:38 am

Started by bubba1212 - Last post by bubba1212

I'm on .744 and all works well. And it was the first time I actually played all the way through - good stuff.

are you running Demulshooter?

Started by negative1 - Last post by negative1

up for preorder at arcade 1up and bestbuy $499

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-atari-legacy-centipede-edition-with-riser-lit-marque-arcade/6507995.p?skuId=6507995

Ready to have a retro BLAST at home anytime, no quarters required? Arcade1Up’s Atari Legacy CENTIPEDE Edition game machine includes a phenomenal line up of 14 games, in this gorgeous cabinet that includes a matching riser and light-up marquee.

What a game list this is…FOURTEEN classic Atari titles! Centipede, Millipede, Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Major Havoc , Missile Command , Akka Arrh, Crystal Castles, Tempest, Gravitar, Liberator, Space Duel (1 Player), Super Breakout, and Lunar Lander. ALL included.

Switch up to any included game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. And for the first time in an Arcade1Up Legacy machine, see how your skills rank with online WiFi leaderboards!

Iconic arcade games. Pop culture imagery that has stood the test of time. Nostalgia that transcends generations. We call this the “Legacy Edition” for a reason…make that many reasons!

Features:
Form factor that emulates for the first time the shape of the original classic CENTIPEDE arcade cabinet, WiFi Leaderboards for the first time in an Arcade1Up Legacy game machine, Real feel arcade controls, Light-up 1P and 2P volcano buttons, Custom Riser, Light-Up Marquee

later

Started by negative1 - Last post by negative1

up for pre-order at arcade1up and best buy $499

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-midway-mortal-kombat-30th-anniversary-legacy-edition-arcade/6507999.p?skuId=6507999

This home arcade packs a SUPERB punch, with a line up of 14 games, in a gorgeous cabinet that includes a matching riser and light-up marquee.

Yes…FOURTEEN titles! Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat 3, Ultimate MK 3, Toobin , Rampage, Joust, Wizard Of Woz, Gauntlet, Rootbeer Tapper, Defender, Bubbles , Paperboy, and Klax. ALL included.

Switch up to any included game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Oh, and in addition to the WiFi LIVE play, see how your high scores measure up with online WiFi leaderboards!

Iconic arcade games. Pop culture imagery that has stood the test of time. Nostalgia that transcends generations. We call this the “Legacy Edition” for a reason…make that many reasons!

Features:
WiFi Live online play, for the first time in an Arcade1Up Mortal Kombat game machine, Custom Riser, Light-Up Marquee, Molded Coin door, Includes 14 classic MIDWAY games

later
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10