Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   GroovyMAME / crt_emudriver stopping mid-scanline?on Today at 07:51:41 pm

Started by rogerxyz - Last post by rogerxyz

Hey all! I think I've been living with this problem for years and it never really registered that maybe something was wrong...

So, the full image isn't drawn to my CRT. I'd say in 240p, the bottom 10 lines or so are missing, and this is really weird, but it also stops drawing halfway through the last scanline.

Additionally, I'm guessing this is related, there's maybe an extra one or two scanlines above the top of my screen that are mostly white but changing colors. No pic because I adjusted my CRT to push that off the top and promptly forgot it was happening. But now that I'm actually giving this some thought, it's probably wrapping around and trying to draw the bottom part of the image before the first real scanline.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose and correct this? I am using a consumer 15khz NTSC TV, with VGA → GreenAntz → Component in. My crt_range is basically generic15 with some minor tweaking, but I can try to see if resetting it back to generic15 does anything.

Bottom of my screen in "ninja spirit" - you can see all but the first 3.5 lines of the HUD is missing.

What it's supposed to look like

This is just an example - the bottom appears to be cut off at some point in all progressive 15khz modes (in other words 240p and the surrounding range 220-244p or whatever).

Any ideas? Thank you very much! :)

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

The panels are pretty far along, and my bearing for the screen arrived and seems great. I would've liked to document a bit more but it's just such a pain in the ass taking photos, video, living, with all the MDF dust even outside. This is my first time working with MDF, I sure like how it's flat and has nice factory edges though.

Got the kick panel done:

Control panel bottom:

Computer is built:

Worked on the side panels, had an unfortunate mishap ruining my first panel. I've now learned the painters tape CA glue+activator template trick for routing:

Side panels mostly done:

My work area is a mess:

Control panel acrylic came, pixelcade folks laser cut a couple for me with my marquee which is awesome!:

Got the computer outputting RGB to the TV and groovymame setup. Launchbox big box looks surprisingly good even with the stock theme, though I intend to find one more like hyperspin:

Got the sub made up. Realized my blades aren't going to cut it for cutting panels cleanly. I did this first and am now routing every edge after rough cutting. It'll be painted though and I filled it all smooth:

Got my panels routed for t-molding today. I also did a little dado cut in the side panels so that the marquee can just slide in prior to the top panel being installed, then the t-molding will hide that.

Did some test fitment for the mid-speakers being flush mounted.

Started by saint - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

;D

Started by saint - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

;D

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

I've used it in my last 2 builds and it never gives me any issues. I'm not doing RGB or anything fancy so I just need reliable inputs.

6   Main Forum / Re: Asteroids originalon Today at 05:20:57 pm

Started by spisi - Last post by spisi

Thank you sir!!!

7   Driving & Racing Cabinets / Re: FFB Arcade Pluginon Today at 03:45:35 pm

Started by Boomslang - Last post by Drakkorcia

I never thought of using wheel2xinput for pc games but that is certainly a consideration. It wouldn't be any trouble at all to test it.

Started by danny_galaga - Last post by Zebidee

But statistics will be statistics.  It's not the total number of fatalities which are important, but the overall percentage of fatalities for the number of active operators.  I would suspect that there are a LOT more cycles on the roads than hobbyists buzzing around the skies. 

You are correct to point this out. However, those statistics compare JUST motorcycle rider fatalities with ALL power aircraft occupant fatalities - which means it includes everything from large commercial aircraft to things like helicopters and light planes and ultralights (but not gliders). There is no further breakdown, and that category covers a lot of people doing a lot of stuff, not just ultralight hobbyists. Queensland is BIG, people fly there a lot and for many reasons.

No doubt, motorcycles can be quite dangerous even if you are careful. A lot of what makes them dangerous is other drivers with poor awareness.

For the curious, there were a total of 324 transport accident related deaths in Queensland for 2022 (V01-V99).

Interestingly 11 people died due to "Sleep disorders (G47)" :o  Even sleeping is dangerous. A further 4 people died from falling off chairs (W07), so sitting can be dangerous too.

Life is short, don't worry too much, do what makes you happy, just please try to be as safe as reasonably possible.

9   Main Forum / Re: Asteroids originalon Today at 12:52:34 pm

Started by spisi - Last post by javeryh

Go buy this.

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=HSAST

That thing would only need to save 4 digits at my house. Countless hours spent for a 2,XXX high score.

10   Project Announcements / Re: Project Too Big and Spinnyon Today at 12:44:00 pm

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by javeryh

"simple" haha

Are you sure about that encoder?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10