Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 12:05:05 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by javeryh

$32 for that is insane. I'm curious to see how it works once you've tested it.

2   Everything Else / Re: So ... 3d Printers....on Today at 11:51:50 am

Started by Howard_Casto - Last post by lilshawn

i build wiff squars and sirkuls an stuff in tinkercad.

real cad is 2 hard

3   Woodworking / How many buttons and why?on Today at 11:38:59 am

Started by jteexy - Last post by jteexy

How many buttons and why on control panel layout

I have seen folks build control panels with 6 or 7 per person and one that I saw described as "look's like a bag of skittles got poured on there".

So clue a fellow in

4   Main Forum / arcade front endon Today at 11:15:50 am

Started by jteexy - Last post by jteexy

Hey guys, it’s been a while. So what arcade front ends are people using these days? I need to rehab a driving cab I built which got some water damage from construction

5   Main Forum / Re: just wonderingon Today at 10:28:26 am

Started by daywane - Last post by daywane

You kids today :)

High school class of ‘81 baby!  Now get off my lawn :)
TTC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
in the navy 1982-1986

6   Main Forum / Re: just wonderingon Today at 08:39:30 am

Started by daywane - Last post by MCTS

Graduated High School 1979.

I'm happy to see some folks who are in the same ballpark.  :)

Started by geecab - Last post by offset

Any of these code changes being tracked somehwere (ie. github repo), or is everyone just doing diffs to their code from snippets here?

Also, curious what changes were made for RacerMAME and if those have been incorporated over time already
http://www.racermame.altervista.org/index.html

Started by geecab - Last post by Yolo_Swaggins

This is working great now for Hard Drivin' compact and Race Drivin' compact but that damn Hard Drivin's Airborne is being a pain in the ass! :timebomb: :laugh:

Started by geecab - Last post by Yolo_Swaggins

Hi geecab i got the code you posted working but the mouse thing was annoying me so i added a dip switch that lets you select a "Calibration Wheel" so that you can 100% accurately set it up using the Keyboard then you switch it back to the "Game Wheel 1" or "Game Wheel 2" setting and the game works fine. I added "Game Wheel 2" because it's a custom PORT_MINMAX that makes the steering less twitchy on a Logitech G932 wheel but still gives you the full range of motion in the car.

To get it 100% accurate all you do is set "Calibration Wheel" in the dip switch menu then in the input assignment menu you just map "Calibration Wheel Analogue Inc" to the Kbd Right (right key on keyboard) and hold it down untill it reaches 4 turns (it takes about 10 seconds), let go of the button and turn the Key and you get CNTSPTRN 1024, PATCEN 0.

Virtual DIP Switches for Wheel selection.

Code: [Select]

PORT_START("mainpcb:SW1")       /* 60c002 */
// Virtual DIP switches here
PORT_DIPNAME( 0x700, 0x100, "Toggle Calibration Wheel or Game Wheel 1-2" )
PORT_DIPSETTING(    0x100, "Game Wheel 1" )
PORT_DIPSETTING(    0x300, "Game Wheel 2" )
PORT_DIPSETTING(    0x400, "Calibration Wheel" )

//Hardware DIP switches continue here
PORT_DIPNAME( 0x01, 0x01, "SW1:8" )
PORT_DIPSETTING(    0x01, DEF_STR( Off ) )
PORT_DIPSETTING(    0x00, DEF_STR( On ) )
PORT_DIPNAME( 0x02, 0x02, "SW1:7" )

Message in the Input Assignment menu to remind users how to calibrate wheel.

PORT_START("mainpcb:a80000")
PORT_BIT( 0x0001, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_START2 ) PORT_NAME("Abort")
PORT_BIT( 0x0002, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_START1 ) PORT_NAME("Key")
PORT_BIT( 0x0004, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_COIN3 )    /* aux coin */
PORT_BIT( 0x00f8, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED )
PORT_BIT( 0x0100, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_BUTTON2 )  PORT_NAME("1st Gear")
PORT_BIT( 0x0200, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_BUTTON3 )  PORT_NAME("2nd Gear")
PORT_BIT( 0x0400, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_BUTTON4 )  PORT_NAME("3rd Gear")
PORT_BIT( 0x0800, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_BUTTON5 )  PORT_NAME("4th Gear")
PORT_BIT( 0x4000, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_CUSTOM ) /* center edge on steering wheel */
PORT_BIT( 0x8000, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED )
PORT_BIT( 0x3000, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED ) PORT_NAME("1: Use DIP Switch & choose calibration wheel to calibrate wheel in test menu!")
PORT_BIT(0x10000, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED ) PORT_NAME("2: Map Calibration Wheel Analogue Inc to Kbd Right!")
PORT_BIT(0x20000, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED ) PORT_NAME("3: Hold down Kbd Right until you reach 4 turns!")
PORT_BIT(0x40000, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED ) PORT_NAME("4: Let go of Kbd Right and turn key!")
PORT_BIT(0x80000, IP_ACTIVE_LOW, IPT_UNUSED ) PORT_NAME("5: Switch back to Game Wheel 1 or 2 after Test Menu calibration complete!")

The different Wheel setups selectable in DIP Switch menu.

PORT_START("mainpcb:12BADC.0")       /* b80000 - 12 bit ADC 0 - steering wheel */
/* Game Steering Wheel 1 */
PORT_BIT(0xfff, 0x800, IPT_PADDLE) PORT_CONDITION("mainpcb:SW1", 0x700, EQUALS, 0x100) PORT_MINMAX(0x010, 0xff0) PORT_SENSITIVITY(1) PORT_KEYDELTA(0) PORT_NAME("Game Wheel 1")

/* Game Steering Wheel 2 */
PORT_BIT(0xffff, 0x0800, IPT_PADDLE) PORT_CONDITION("mainpcb:SW1", 0x700, EQUALS, 0x300) PORT_MINMAX(0x0440, 0x0bc0) PORT_SENSITIVITY(1) PORT_KEYDELTA(0) PORT_NAME("Game Wheel 2")

/* Calibration Wheel */
PORT_BIT(0xffff, 0x0000, IPT_PADDLE) PORT_CONDITION("mainpcb:SW1", 0x700, EQUALS, 0x400) PORT_MINMAX(0x0000, 0x2800) PORT_SENSITIVITY(1) PORT_KEYDELTA(0) PORT_NAME("Calibration Wheel")

Game wheel 1 is the original mame PORT_MINMAX of 0x010, 0xff0 and Game Wheel 2 is the one i tweaked for my Logitech G932 with a PORT_MINMAX of  0x0440, 0x0bc0. Calibration Wheel has a PORT_MINMAX of 0x0000, 0x2800 and thats why it calibrates the machine perfectly but it's way too high to actually use it as a wheel because of how sensitive it is. It's only useful for calibrating the game.

Started by Ond - Last post by Ond

Looks really nice. I wish I had access to a 3D printer but if I bought one I know I'd only use it a couple of times a year, if that.  It looks like it provides options for things that would be too difficult to make by hand. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

Thanks, for a long time I did without a 3D printer in this hobby. I guess I have made a few things by hand which I could have 3D printed more easily. I regard them as a tool, not as a hobby in and of themselves with one caveat, you need to have 3D design skills to truly use them as as a tool. I’ve got a long list of projects (in other craft hobby areas) that include 3D printed elements. I may move into resin printing eventually, maybe.

So before looking at the latest build progress, I just wanted to check my design reference for work so far completed. My reference is always the original back-glass artwork from the PC game:

So far, I’ve reproduced the drawn speaker grill area in 3D and I'm using a cut-out window to reveal the DMD on screen. In theory I should be able to play other tables and adapt the back-glass art work to the physical layout. They all have similar speaker/DMD/back glass artwork configurations. I may need to tweak some back-glass files for games that don’t quite fit:

I painted the rest of the back box today, final primer coat and one coat only (in multiple passes) of black:

Second coat of primer on the main cabinet, one to go:

I’m using these 3D printed inserts in all the button holes on the cabinet:

The reason for these is my choice of buttons.  They are these cheap illuminated buttons sold in the shop I work in.  I have boxes full of unused quality Japanese (Seimitsu and Sanwa) as well as Happ buttons I could use, but I really wanted to use these illuminated buttons in this case. They have this raised edge which is meant to fit into a plastic ring which sits between the cabinet panel and the button. I hated the ring thingies, so threw I them away  ;D:

The buttons fit into the inserts perfectly:

Next post will be of the completed back-box with monitor installed and lit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10