Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by l1nt - Last post by l1nt

Well tested both resistors (R0 & R39) and the capacitor (C15) by taking them out of circuit and they test fine. TRIAC was testing at odd ohms and continuity so I replaced it. Put everything back and got three games in before the ball release arm gave a small attempt at releasing balls when starting a game. the fuse was blow again.

Really getting disheartened on troubleshooting this one!

2   Driving & Racing Cabinets / Re: Road Fighters 3Don Today at 04:02:58 pm

Started by vandale - Last post by scoodidabop

I would be super jazzed if someone PMd me some info on this game! Seems very hard to obtain now and the usual sources are turning up nothing.

Started by abispac - Last post by abispac

Looks good, and the good thing is, if you get rid of the io board you can actually install a cheap led controller board and it will take care of all the RGB leds, it does need a separate led control for the front white bezel, but they all look good. Now I have to play with the bill acceptor to see if I can get them to work. Im still not familiar with Mdb bill acceptors. Im not using amplifier to loose some weight, instead ill use Bluetooth for audio.

Started by JayBee - Last post by Jardielsilva

Boa tarde! tudo bem?

Estou com um problema na instalação da gun4ir no windows 7, gostaria de saber se alguem ja passou por isso e poderia me ajudar.

O windows 7 reconhece o arduino pro micro, quando faço a gravação na placa, ela se tranforma em um dispositivo (GUN4IR Pro Micro P1) e o software não o detecta para fazer os testes e configurações. Segue as imagens.

Desde de já agradeço.

Started by geecab - Last post by GPForverer2024

Hi GEECAB!

That's it, I found to add the green dashes, thanks for the info!!

Regarding the Monaco GP which lights up by adding a coin to play frankly great idea I already image it with a neon effect style it flashes 2 or 3 times before lighting up !!

For the logo excellent engine problem! And I also thought for the logo of the headlights that lights up when you switch to night mode would be great!!

I was also thinking for the starting checkerboard if it would be too complicated to add an option to shorten it?

For example, the timer starts once the line has been crossed?

(it's just an idea)

THANK YOU GEECAB

6   Software Forum / WINUAE using Attractmode....helpon Yesterday at 11:10:26 pm

Started by RosscoScot - Last post by RosscoScot

Hi There,

I'm a newbie....built a arcade cabinet and trying to get emulators on front end with Attractmode.

Tearing my hair out trying to set up WINUAE....Can anyone help please...I;m desperate.

I'm really not sure where to start, I'd really appreciate any assistance on how to set up

Thanks

7   Project Announcements / Project Too Big and Spinnyon Yesterday at 08:28:53 pm

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

Starting this thread to document my journey into my 3rd cabinet build. The last 2 being LCD bartops, this is a bit more in depth. Current plans, 32" RGB converted Sony Trinitron for the monitor. 9700k, 32gbs ram, 280x PC for crt-emudriver. Hopefully running launchbox frontend with retroarch as I have a lot of experience with them and find them easy to work with, though I'm a little worried about how 240p and 480i will work with them. 2 4" speakers under the marquee box, subwoofer. 2 player control panel, hidden USB ports to connect additional arcade pads. Probably going to use an LED pixelcade panel for the marquee as I've always thought they looked cool. I considered LCD but unfortunately I can't find anyone that makes an LCD panel larger than 28", which is much too small for this build.

The most fun part to me, the monitor will rotate on a 40" lazy susan bearing. I only plan on manual rotation not motorized. I'll cut a small 3/4" slot into the marquee box and the control panel so the entire screen bezel can rotate with it. This avoids having an ugly cutout around the screen to accommodate both orientations. Bezel will be outset from the side panels and edge routed to slope down into where the edge molding meets. It's designed as seated cab, same control height as a candy cab. Though I'm considering insetting the entire cab into a riser with a joke to raise and lower it to standing height.

90% of parts are on order, once those arrive this will probably be a very fast project with a lot of updates. Once I get going I don't sleep until a project is done (unfortunately).

Behold:

Started by Edglaf - Last post by roostaar

Apologies to necrobump...

I'm using linux version of GroovyAracde on a 15khz CRT. I have a 1680x320 19" LCD widesecreen monitpor that displays marquee artwork really nicely when connected to my W10 PC.

Is there any way I could use this with my linux GroovyArcade PC? It has an AMD Radeon HD 7000 GFX card.

The DVI out goes to the VGA input of a Ultimarc J-PAC

The other output is a DisplayPort. The Marquee monitor has VGA and DisplayPort inputs.

I'm running AttractMode on the GroovyArcade.

Cheers! :cheers:

Started by Pauly - Last post by AaronMT

Really amazing work on this! I'm hoping to build a cabinet in this style. But I am too late for getting the information and files from Chance's thread. So I can't see dimensions. I'm hoping to be able to base those off your art files. Are those images you posted to scale? Do you have any of the original files with the template etc?

Thanks for your help!

Started by deezdrama - Last post by AaronMT

Hi, awesome build! I would love to build another cabinet in this style.

Do you still have the files from Chance to use as a template? I saw the photos you posted, but would love to have the original file to use like he recommended (printed out full size).

What dimensions did you end up with for your control panel and box? I saw the discussion with chance, but could find the final dimensions.

Thank you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10