Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by Dazzzzz - Last post by Megatouchmike

I liked Skeeball, I think it was removed in ION 2010 or so, was replaced with alley roller I think it was called. Skeeball was better in MHO.
How hard it is to add games in? I miss uno.
I made up kinda a list on the Maxx versions added and removed per version. It may have been posted in here.
I could look around for it if anyone is interested.

OGL games (like skeeball) aren't working and might never work. 3d rendering libraries are looking for different kernels drivers and I end up in dependency hell.

It's fairly easy to add old games now that I've figured out the method of doing so

Started by Nitro0602 - Last post by PL1

Here's the first draft for the cam.

"Cam - Bat Controller.scad"
Code: [Select]
// Cam - Bat Controller (v0)

// The diameter values may need to be *very slightly* larger to account for the 180-sided polygon used to render circles -- see "undersized holes" at https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/Primitive_Solids#cylinder

/////////////////////////////
//  Adjustable variables

// Shaft collar and screw variables
ShaftCollarOD = 13.2; // Shaft collar outer diameter

ShaftCollarHeight = 8.1; // Shaft collar height

ShaftCollarScrewDia = 4.85; // Shaft collar screw diameter

ShaftCollarHubDia = 22.2; // Shaft collar hub dia

// Screw block variables
ScrewBlockX = 6; // Screw block X-axis size

ScrewBlockY = 10; // Screw block y-axis size

SpringScrewDia = 3.2; // Screw hole diameter for spring screw

// Cam variables
CamRadius = 33; // Cam radius

CamThick = 8; // Cam thickness

BumperOffset = 18; // Bumper offset

BumperDia = 13.5; // Bumper diameter

ShaftNotchDia = (ShaftCollarHubDia + ShaftCollarOD)/2; // Ensures notch is larger than the shaft collar and smaller than the shaft collar hub.

// Number of fragments (polygon sides) used to render a full circle.
    $fn = 180; // Default = 180  Typical range = 6 - 360
    // 6 will render a circular hole as a hexagon, 8 will render a circular hole as an octagon.
    // Lower the number for faster rendering, raise the number for smoother rendering.

//  Make the part

difference(){ // Cam body cylinders minus cam back half, shaft notch, bumper notches, and skeleton holes

union(){ // Cam body cylinders

// Cam lower half cylinder
translate([0, 0, - CamThick/4])
cylinder (h = CamThick/2 + 0.01, r1 = CamRadius + CamThick/2, r2 = CamRadius, center=true);

// Cam upper half cylinder
translate([0, 0, + CamThick/4])
cylinder (h = CamThick/2 + 0.01, r1 = CamRadius, r2 = CamRadius + CamThick/2, center=true);

} // End cam body cylinders
//

// Cam back half
translate([0, - (CamRadius + CamThick/2)/2 - 1, 0])
cube ([CamRadius * 2 + CamThick + 2, CamRadius + CamThick/2 + 2, CamThick + 2], center=true);

// Shaft notch
cylinder (CamThick + 2, d = ShaftNotchDia, center=true);

// Left bumper notch
translate([- BumperOffset, 0, 0])
color("white")
cylinder (CamThick + 2, d = BumperDia, center=true);

// Right bumper notch
translate([BumperOffset, 0, 0])
color("white")

// Left skeleton hole
rotate([0, 0, 120])
color("pink")

// Right skeleton hole
rotate([0, 0, 60])
color("pink")

} // End cam body minus shaft collar and bumper notches
//

difference(){ // Shaft collar hub minus shaft collar hole and setscrew hole

// Shaft collar hub
cylinder (CamThick, d = ShaftCollarHubDia, center=true);

// Shaft collar hole
color("blue")
cylinder (CamThick + 2, d = ShaftCollarOD, center=true);

// Setscrew hole
translate([0, - ShaftCollarHubDia/2, 0])
rotate([90, 0, 0])
color("red")
cylinder (ShaftCollarHubDia, d = ShaftCollarScrewDia, center=true);

} // End shaft collar hub minus shaft collar hole and setscrew hole
//

difference(){ // Screw mount block minus spring screw hole

// Screw mount block
translate([CamRadius - ScrewBlockX/2, - ScrewBlockY/2, 0])
cube ([ScrewBlockX, ScrewBlockY + 0.01, CamThick + 0.01], center=true);

// Spring screw hole
translate([CamRadius - ScrewBlockX/2, - ScrewBlockY/2, 0])
rotate([0, 90, 0])
color("aqua")
cylinder (ScrewBlockX + 2, d = SpringScrewDia, center=true);

} // End screw mount block minus spring screw hole
//

Printing the handle and cam now -- they should be done in a few hours.

While they're printing, it's time to make the next test rig by scribbling on a board and drilling a few holes.   ;D

Scott

Started by Howard_Casto - Last post by Howard_Casto

Cool.   Are you calling that your marvel comics fort max?

4   Everything Else / Re: So ... 3d Printers....on Yesterday at 07:37:27 pm

Started by Howard_Casto - Last post by BadMouth

Made some progress, but still not pushing plastic yet.

The wiring to the toolheads that I had planned to use was too droopy to work as an umbilical.  After weighing options and wanting to try something not seen before, I ordered a length of 20 conductor motion rated cable from Igus (part no. CF9-02-20).  24awg covers everything but the hotend heater, but there are enough conductors to double up two pairs for the hotend.  I knew the thickness ahead of time ( around 9mm), but it's not quite as flexible as I'd hoped.  It should still be fine with a decent size arch.  I wouldn't use it on anything less rigid than the Voron setup for fear of it making the toolhead flex out of alignment.  In retrospect, multiple runs of simple stranded CAT6 is probably the better way to go.  This is top quality wire though.  Lots of strands and strong. 

I looked at PCBs for toolhead connections, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  Started to mock some things up with generic prototyping boards and realized that what I had in mind was possible without any pcb.  Soldering all those pins took a while, but wasn't too bad.  There isn't much plastic where the male pin passes through, so they would go all wonky when soldering.  Plugging in the connector while soldering kept them in place.   There wasn't nearly as much room for excess wire as I had pictured in my mind, but it fits.  I am still making some design decisions about the cap.

Also made some progress on the chamber heater.  I decided to violate my own rules and have the fans be software controlled.  Otherwise they will either run constantly or only run while the heater is on, meaning they would shut on and off as the heater cycles on and off.  To mitigate the danger of the heater getting out of control, it is held in place by metal parts and has a 120 degree thermal fuse attached to the outside fin.  I may switch to a lower temp fuse, but that is what I had on hand.  Basic idea is that the fans pull air from the edges of the chamber and push it through the heater in the center.  I still need to cut the deck to accommodate the intakes and heater.

Next time around I'll get the toolheads wired so IDEX tinkering will be back on the menu....which is the whole point of this project anyway. 

5   Main Forum / Re: Here are my projects to dateon Yesterday at 05:20:42 pm

Started by leapinlew - Last post by leapinlew

:lol

Started by Howard_Casto - Last post by MrThunderwing

Finally got around to putting mini Fort Max together today. He also came with an even teeny-weenier Windcharger, Powerglide and Headmaster Spike (that were a right ballache to sticker up). Still, very happy with how he turned out.

7   Main Forum / Re: Here are my projects to dateon Yesterday at 04:52:15 pm

Started by leapinlew - Last post by pbj

Mostly a bunch of delusional stuff on Arcade1Ups IIRC

:dunno

8   Lightguns / Re: Aimtrak Power Supply for recoilon Yesterday at 04:26:45 pm

Started by MrThunderwing - Last post by PL1

plugged it in and everything works perfectly, recoil on the gun doing what it's supposed to and my house didn't explode, so bonus!
Glad to hear everything works for you and your house didn't explode.   :cheers:   :lol

Scott

9   Lightguns / Re: Aimtrak Power Supply for recoilon Yesterday at 03:46:34 pm

Started by MrThunderwing - Last post by MrThunderwing

The power supply turned up today. It was actually a slightly different connector for the plug, one with just two holes (don't know the name of it). Fortunately I had a spare one from an old camera I don't use anymore. Anyway, plugged it in and everything works perfectly, recoil on the gun doing what it's supposed to and my house didn't explode, so bonus! Thanks again for all your help with this Scott, it's been greatly appreciated!  :cheers:

10   Merit/JVL Touchscreen / Re: Megatouch Software Release Liston Yesterday at 02:50:27 pm

Started by Dazzzzz - Last post by Spank

I liked Skeeball, I think it was removed in ION 2010 or so, was replaced with alley roller I think it was called. Skeeball was better in MHO.
How hard it is to add games in? I miss uno.
I made up kinda a list on the Maxx versions added and removed per version. It may have been posted in here.
I could look around for it if anyone is interested.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10