Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by saint - Last post by Ond

vk

Started by ThatOneSeong - Last post by ThatOneSeong

Now it works perfectly, thank you very much, now I will continue testing things, this is a great project with more memory, more processor and a world of functions that can be added like the analog ones  :lol

Do you happen to have any documentation on how you performed this? I have the Xbox version and was looking to do this same thing. are you able to keep the functionality of all the buttons?

-Thanks
You mean modding a Top Shot Elite? It's not very hard. I made a basic adapter plate to fit a Pico (w/ headers) where the original's mainboard sat in. The back analog stick and buttons will work just fine--but if you're using a 3D printable mount for the camera to fit at the front barrel, then you'll have to remove the original front buttons/right stick board to make room.

I could be horribly wrong on that last part, but it's what I had to do (and I've found my front buttons board was super finicky and wasn't cooperating - plus most RP2040 boards only has enough pins to support one stick anyways).

Started by ThatOneSeong - Last post by ThatOneSeong

Is there any known reason the IR camera in a Top Shot wouldn't work?
Because it's not the same camera at all and wouldn't be compatible? Unless you have proof of it being the same Pixart sensor.
Would be really nice if it was compatible! But that's not how it works.

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by Toasty833

So I had a look at OpenVR2Key, I hadn't seen it before and I didn't realise it was open source. I setup my vive controller but thought I was going to have an issue as you said it needed an Index controller to map and he mentions that's what he has.
Ah, maybe I didn't make it clear, I was talking about Virtual Desktop when it came to remapping, it has a bindings page. OpenVR2Key works fine with my Vive controller/tracker even on the newest release.

I dug around a bit in the code and figured I could probably make mouse clicks work but would need to hijack some keyboard keys to test it quickly and not bother with the user interface side of that.

So I've mapped F1 to left mouse, F2 to right mouse and F3 to middle mouse.

I'm attaching my build of the exe and the source code.
But this is pretty handy anyway. The only issue is there's no repeating function which I think is a limitation of the program to begin with, if you hold a button down it only sends the input once, which means it's not very useful for games with machine guns. I found that by adjusting the click detection threshold to 1 (might not be necessary) and the dragging threshold to 10 in the Vive Mouse config, the trigger is a lot more responsive, there's no weird delay. You could probably go even lower than 10ms, I think the code just waits for whatever the dragging threshold is before it actually sends a click which is why it's so slow by default.

The other day I had demulshooter running with VD, but now I can't figure out how to get it to respond to clicks with vive mouse or VD anymore. Might have to restart and see if that fixes it, maybe the blocker stuff for vive mouse affected VD somehow, it might use user32 too to send fake mouse inputs to games. In testing I also think VD just responds better than vive mouse. Virtual Desktop is right in line, there's very little delay between moving the gun and the mouse following. With vive mouse it's like there's maybe a 50-100ms latency, if I waggle it back and forth I can see it lagging behind. I have stabilization in the config set to off and the average set to 1 in case that applies anyway, but it doesn't seem to make an impact. If it were possible to get Virtual Desktop to remember the last window position to essentially save the calibration, it'd just be superior.

Started by ThatOneSeong - Last post by Matuca1849

Is there any known reason the IR camera in a Top Shot wouldn't work?

Started by coyote640 - Last post by MammaJamma

Pinwiz, there are (5) SC141D triacs and the lower portion of the power supply board used to drive the lamps and solenoid, maybe the ticket dispenser. I can't remember but I think the middle triac was the solenoid. 2 to the right were win and display lamps I think.

Neal, you are our only direct link to FAB Electronics. I have been studying this thread for a while.
I have an Aladdin’s Castle fab u ball.
I am so close.  Do you have any pictures of the wiring in the back of the cabinet?
There is one wire that comes from the scoring (50, 40, 30,  20, 10) Where does it go?
Things were rewired in the past and It has no  molex to mate with.. ..

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by greymatr

Basically every game works with it. The number of games that don't have an off-screen function is less common, and right click is the standard
I had no idea this is how they worked, I thought it was all up to the game to know when it was off screen. Well I certainly learned something and the guns are smarter than I thought!

With trigger, grip and trackpad that's still 3 usable buttons I can remap through OpenVR2Key because SteamVR still sees them fine.
So I had a look at OpenVR2Key, I hadn't seen it before and I didn't realise it was open source. I setup my vive controller but thought I was going to have an issue as you said it needed an Index controller to map and he mentions that's what he has.

But I found he did try to support Vive at one point but the releases page is a very old build. So I compiled the code and was surprised to see it was working now.

I dug around a bit in the code and figured I could probably make mouse clicks work but would need to hijack some keyboard keys to test it quickly and not bother with the user interface side of that.

So I've mapped F1 to left mouse, F2 to right mouse and F3 to middle mouse.

I'm attaching my build of the exe and the source code.

8   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 12:55:51 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by daywane

If I remember correctly any video showing Rom play is a no no.
so here is a video showing just the thi client specks.

9   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 12:23:42 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by daywane

Yes it is a PC. 10 years old new in box. very Limited. 16 gig m.2 drive, 4 gig of memory. all can be upgraded. I just won the auction and never seen one as of yet. TechDocUK o YouTube shows playing N64 games with Android. It is more powerful than a Raspberry 3 and the Pi3 will run 90s arcades.
The videos I have seen it running Batocera.linux were of console games.
I have multiple raspberry Pi's but during the cough cough  Raspberry PI corp dropped the home market. I am done with them

10   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 11:45:12 am

Started by daywane - Last post by javeryh

Is it just a PC? What kind of performance can you expect out of something like this? Would MAME run games up to early 90s? Because if yes, $32 seems like the way to go...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10