Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rare Street fighter II cab? Restore or not to restore  (Read 4610 times)

Garebear911

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2016, 04:27:13 pm
Rare Street fighter II cab? Restore or not to restore
« on: February 18, 2010, 07:49:58 pm »
So a few weeks back I bought a complete Turbo Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition Hyper Fighting cab in pretty decent shape for $150. All it needed was a monitor chassis. I bought it with the intention of putting Hyperspin on it. I started to do some research on it and couldn't find any information about that particular version of Street Fighter 2 except for on klov.com
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10659
According to KLOV's rarity scale it is a 1 out of 100. 1 being the most rare. Although it does say "Rarity is NOT necessarily an indication of value. Some common games show up as very rare here because collectors don't want them even though arcade operators might be sitting on tons of them in warehouses, while some fairly scarce games are grabbed by collectors every time they show up."

So basically I guess I'm asking is this actually rare and should be restored or is it safe to Hyperspin it?

THanks

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: Rare Street fighter II cab? Restore or not to restore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 07:58:53 pm »
Generic red dynamo Zback cab, with Street Fighter 2 Championship edition kit for the cut corner CPO and side art, and a SF2Turbo Marquee. The PCB is only really considered "rare" because this is the offical capcom hack of SF2CE and not one of the more numerous (and IMHO better) illegal hacks, like rainbow edition and the hack to official ratio is like 20  to 1
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:57:25 pm »
Ahem, 3-Koam made that cabinet, not Dynamo  :whap

But anyways, that's just a generic conversion cabinet, nothing rare about it. Feel free to do anything you like with it.
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:32:34 am »
Ahem, 3-Koam made that cabinet, not Dynamo  :whap

A quick googling shows its a pretty common mistake;my bad, that changes everything, makes it worth a whole lot more.......wait, still a generic cab :p I just assumed Dynamo from the control panel.

if you arent a fan of street fighter, I'd sell the board and recoup some money; its the board thats kinda rare, not the cabinet

If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Garebear911

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2016, 04:27:13 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 10:06:50 pm »
Thanks for the clarification!