Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "Capcom Anthology" 2-in-1 Cab Marquee+CPO - Need opinions!  (Read 3491 times)

SMMM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2020, 09:19:13 pm
"Capcom Anthology" 2-in-1 Cab Marquee+CPO - Need opinions!
« on: January 23, 2010, 06:23:10 pm »
Spent quite a while making these in photoshop with hi-rez Udon art.  Thanks to Mike's Double Jamma Adapter, I'll have two switchable Capcom games in the cab at all times (I prefer using original hardware to emu).

The marquee is in similar style to the Neo-Geo MVS in that I'll make mini-marquees for each game and switch em out when I want to rotate games (usually one 6-button fighter and one beat-em-up/shooter of some kind).  In the preview, I know it's not the right art for XvSF, but it's just an example of layout.  

The CPO is standard Street Fighter 6-button layout with a button to switch games in the corner.  Any comments, please do so.  Any questions, please ask.  I want to hear some feedback before I go blowing $100+ to have these printed.

EDIT:  Here's a Capcom Mini-Marquee I just whipped up for Magic Sword.  I like having game info such as year and genre on the marquee - I'll have controls and such on the bezel.  Opinions?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:01:48 pm by SMMM »

SMMM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2020, 09:19:13 pm
Re: "Capcom Anthology" 2-in-1 Cab Marquee+CPO - Need opinions!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:12:16 am »
I'm also reproducing Instructional strips as they are impossible to find - scans online also tend to be terrible.  Take Giga Wing: First pic is a scan I found online.  Second is the repro I just finished.

Griff08

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2014, 01:42:22 am
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 09:06:36 am »
nice work :)  Any more progress yet?

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 02:08:06 pm »
digging the control panel but the "xmen" boxes on the marquee gotta go. throw in a character in there. RYU ftw :cheers:

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:32:22 pm »
The marquee is in similar style to the Neo-Geo MVS in that I'll make mini-marquees for each game and switch em out when I want to rotate games (usually one 6-button fighter and one beat-em-up/shooter of some kind).  In the preview, I know it's not the right art for XvSF, but it's just an example of layout.

digging the control panel but the "xmen" boxes on the marquee gotta go. throw in a character in there. RYU ftw :cheers:

I think its a neat idea, why not get a X in 1 CPS2 and a X in1 CPS1 board. It uses real hardware and not emulation and there'd be less switching between boards and still more games to pick from.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

rckola911

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2010, 06:23:12 pm
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 03:16:42 pm »
hi i was wondering if you could send me that cpo its awesome.
my email is rckola911@gmail.com thanks.