Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 BARTOP arcades Midway UPDATE...Bezel+Cp plexi installed...PICS inside  (Read 27688 times)

bigpete405

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2014, 07:48:03 pm
    Whats up everyone? Started this new project today... I'm building two of these since I'm working with a friend on this. Im not sure about  :dizzy: the computer specs yet since my friend is doing computer aspects and the artwork design and printing. Any questions reguarding the cp, woodworking, or demensions I can answer.

This will have a removable control panel just like a original midway cabinet, it will use a 17" lcd monitor, 1 power switch to turn everything on and off. Im excited with the way its turning out so far. I plan on laminating the cabinet in smooth black instead of having to worry about painting and sanding... I did that enought times already. It is going to get t-molding as well red or black I have both left over so not sure yet. Ill post pics tomorrow hopefully all the panels will be installed.

On pictures #8 and #9 I wanted to show how I cut straight lines when I don't use the table saw... I'm sure some of you guys use similar techniques but I'm sure people newer to woodworking will find this to save them alot of problems when it comes to their panels having straight lines.I clamp the square exactly 15/16 of an inch to the left of the line I want to cut.. this allows the base of the circular saw to have a nice guide to slide along and the cuts come out perfect. I use the craftsman 19.2volt cordless cirular saw all the time it has plenty of power to cut through 3/4 Mdf without slowing down. I have a plug in circular saw, and a table saw.. but the 19.2 volt craftsman cordless cirular is the best thing because its light and very easy to control. Highly recommended :notworthy:. :cheers: :cheers: :notworthy:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:47:25 pm by bigpete405 »

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
Re: 2 bartop arcades midway mock up
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:21:11 pm »
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:13:36 am by bigpete405 »

Mysteriozone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2018, 04:38:40 pm
    • Dave Millican Belts
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:05:18 pm »
Impressive, can't wait to see these suckers up and running. The guts will be a Pentium 4, 2.8 processor, 2 gigs of ram and so far I am working with a 20 gig hard drive but want to see if I can get bigger ones.

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 08:37:03 am
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:45:07 am »
That's tidy looking work.

I really like the video clip of what you are doing. People often use youtube clips on here to show off their finished cab or latest intro movie, but following the build on video adds an extra dimensions to the build.

Keep the clips coming.
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:10:24 am »
Thanks for the compliment Silas. I like the video clips as well because when your all done you can look back and watch them to see all the hard work turn into something amazing. Javier this is going to be a great project glad we are working together on this.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 08:48:36 am by bigpete405 »

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
Re: 2 BARTOP arcades Midway mock up
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 10:06:11 am »
Great job so far  :cheers: I cracked up when I clicked on that pic of you with that MDF dust all over your face. I've always hated that stuff but I'm finding myself using it more and more lately. Thats got to be the worst part about it.

How much trouble did you have getting the t-molding slot centered on the sides? I got me a cheap router from Harbor Freight a while back and I'm finding I should've spent another $30 -$40 on a better model. It's a big pain in the arse making fine adjustments to get it centered on the piece.

What games are you guys planning on running on them?
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 01:48:28 pm »
   I'm  :laugh2: also about the dust all over me I looked double my age.

As far as the router goes set your depth to 3/8" if your routing 3/4" mdf and go nice and easy. My router has a twist lock to make sure the depth doesn't change unexpectedly. Try it on scrap before you do it on your cabinet until its perfect. I made a video for you IG-88 I will upload it after with todays update. Gotta get back to building.
   As far as games and emulators go I'm going to try and have as much as possible. Maximus will be the frontend.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:14:42 pm by bigpete405 »

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 05:11:08 pm »
Some progress I made today.

for IG-88 hope it helps you out.

The cabinet and control panel arent attached so its a little crooked I know, but this control panel came out terrible :angry:... so its only purpose is to give us an idea of what it will look like at this point. :banghead: This took 5hours today and I only aggrevated myself with the control panel not coming out perfect.

By the way this is my going to be my 5th arcade related project but the first where I screwed the nailing strips down instead of using the brad nail gun and 1 1/4 brads which my uncle has at the time but I will have it back on tuesday :applaud: and let me tell you its a huge mistake and waste of time to screw instead of nailing with a small air gun. If you have a aircompressor and a brad nail gun use it. Its literally like 1,2,3. Instead of drilling a pilot hole, then a countersink hole, and then screwing the screw :blah: wow that takes a long time just writing it. Needless to say I still split a nailing strip today when I was tightening it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:04:03 pm by bigpete405 »

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 06:54:33 pm »
   These are some of the accessories and components being used. I really like the lighted coin push button. I got the idea to get those coin buttons from mwong168's bartop build on this site. If you read this thanks for the good idea. :cheers: Work is super busy this week so I probably won't have anything good to update until Saturday night. BTW groovygamegear.com for the coin buttons.

????QUESTION???? That's the monitor I will be using in both cab's.. 17" dell LCD.  Does anyone know if it is a difficult process to wire the LCD monitor to a main power switch so everything turns on together? I don't want to remove the bezel in order to turn it on and off each time. If you know of a link that explains this already feel free to post it or give your input to help out. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:06:52 pm by bigpete405 »

saleem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2012, 08:03:39 am
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 10:08:14 pm »
you need something like a power terminal block.

i think you need a specific type,as you want to join a pc and a monitor to one power source.so you need to get one that has power distributed through the different terminal connections.ie,they all share the same gnd but,each thing you want to power has a live and a neutral which is live from the input power line that comes from the socket.just getting a power strip wont work as it might be one where you just put a wire in one side and screw it in and then another in the other side,so it wont get power.you need one that has power line in on one side then the power flows through the terminal giving you live connections.

if you understand what i mean?

what type of things can a switching power supply power?like what you get in a jamma cabinet.i got one here and if its anything like a pc power supply you can power a pc monitor from a pc power supply so why not a switching power supply to supply the pc and monitor?
:)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:25:18 pm by saleem »

mwong168

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2019, 11:38:54 am
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 10:35:32 pm »
I got the idea to get those coin buttons from mwong168's bartop build on this site. If you read this thanks for the good idea. :cheers:

I can't take all the credit, I think RandyT deserves a big round of  :applaud: for providing us all great and innovative products that help us make our arcade dreams a reality.

Regarding your monitor, I have my monitor switch on all the time and when I shut the computer down the monitor goes into power saving mode so no need to remove the bezel to shut off.  After I shut off my computer I open the back door of my cabinet and switch off the power bar I have mounted inside which turns off the monitor and marquee LED x-mas lights I got on sale after the holidays at my local store. 
Showcase Project [Work in Progress]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=93701.0
Bartop Project [100% Complete]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=98410.0
Custom Wireless 360/PC HAPP Fight Sticks [100% Complete]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=100809.0
Visual Pinball Cabinet [Work in Progress]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=102628.0

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 11:46:00 pm »
    Thanks for your advice on the monitor situtaion guys. If the monitor goes into power sleeping mode when I shut everything down ill be happy since thats the easier route. I have a power strip, and I will wire it a on off toggle or light swith on the back corner of the cab. Lets see how that goes.      Maybe ill go with your idea saleem. not sure actually.

mwong168

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 01:57:50 pm »
Here is another alternative that my friend uses to save money when not watching his plasma.  It's a smart strip power strip.

http://www.smarthomeusa.com/ShopByManufacturer/Bits-Ltd./Item/LCG5/

Basically you would hook up your main device, in my friend's case it was his plasma tv.  Then when you power off the tv the power strip can somehow tell and all other devices such as VCR, cable box, etc get cut off from the power.  Then when you turn the tv on the other devices power on.  He was reading somewhere when your plasma is off it is really not and in standby mode drawing 75w still or something like that.  He actually went out and bought a power consumption meter.  I think just let your monitor go into sleep mode is the best, cheapest and easiest solution.

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 03:01:05 pm »
Thanks for the help mwong168... I appreciate it very much  :cheers:

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 08:36:55 pm »
Some new pics with a speaker panel and cp mock up just testing out to see what it will look like. The speaker panel is not square I had a piece of would cut to the correct width and just stuck it to the nailing strips. If work is slow thursday I will hopefully be home working on this all day.

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 08:07:07 pm »
     OK today was a good day. I got my thin black laminate I went to two different cabinet shops... The first guy said $68.22 for a 4x8 sheet of thin black laminate... I thought to myself it seems a little expensive but it wasnt terrible yet. I explained to him that I needed it cut into four 2x4 sheets so I can fit it in my car he wanted to charge me another $20 to cut it which was  :angry: ridiculous so now it was going to cost $88.22 needless to say he was an arogant  :tool: jerkoff and didnt get my money. I went home and called another place in the yellow pages I got the 4x8 sheet cut the way I wanted for $50 and it was very close to my house.  :lol
    After I got home I started on the real control panel which took about four hours to complete but it was well worth it, it looks very legit. I based it upon the design of my real Mk1 and the mk3 mame I made. I havent seen any bartops with a removable mk type control panel so I was excited to possibly be the first to do it successfully.
    The only thing thats not to my liking is the marquee area... Its a little small mainly because of the width of the mdf taking up space. If you have any suggestions feel free to give your advice. Thanks in advance.
    The monitor in the pics is just balancing on its stand to get a feel. I will have it floating on a piece of Mdf with out the stand, and the buttons and joystick holes will be move downward about a 1/2 inch to and inch but will remain in the same arrangment.

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 08:09:28 pm »
1 more pic

IG-88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 08:28:01 pm »
Looking good. I agree, I would use 1/2 on that speaker board too. Marquee is a little narrow. Maybe even the top....?

Your shop looks just like mine. Stuff everywhere. All within hands reach!  ;D
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 08:37:46 pm »
Thanks IG-88. Ha ha between my fathers tools and mine its a complete usable disaster area. You couldn't have said it any better everything is within arms reach and I know where it all is :dizzy: sometimes lol. I'm going to try out the 1/2 inch for the top and speaker panel tomorrow. Ill post the pics then.

Mysteriozone

• Offline Offline
    • Dave Millican Belts
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 11:04:09 pm »
Wow this project is turning out better than I ever imagined! VERY impressive! 1/2 on the top and speaker shelf should look much better.

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 12:35:47 pm »
Last night I bought my computer for my cab. It's Pentium 4 3.0ghz, 3gigs of ram, and 750gig hard drive. I plan on putting as much on this as possible.
   I already have Maximus arcade frontend but hyperspin has really caught my eye do you guys have anything to say about hyperspin... Pros and cons.

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 07:19:57 pm »
    Whats up everyone? Today I started putting the other bartop together. I used 1/2" mdf on the top and speaker panels instead of 3/4" to free up a little space for the marquee, and I think it helped out a bit.. what do you think? The control panel is giving me a little bit of problems because I was off with my cut by about 1/8" and it ruined everything.. so tomorrow I have to redo the cp on #2 again. Ill post more pics tomorrow, maybe ill have the monitor mounts done. This week  :dunno hopefully I will be able to laminate the sides then they will start to look real good. almost 50% done. I gotta say building two at once is a pain in the ass. :dizzy: but I know it will be well worth it when they are complete. Stay tuned. :cheers:

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 05:47:40 pm »
   Whats up everyone? This weekend was a very productive one in the arcade building sense. Saturday I worked on them from about 1:30pm to 8:30pm not including the trips to 3 different home depots to find a propane heater for my garage.. it's way to cold out to work without one. Today sunday I worked from 9:30am to about 3:30pm so about 13hours total this weekend.
   I successfully built the control panel for the #2 bartop... :dizzy: thank god. I wasted about 4hours on that  :censored: cp. I built two, the first one was 1/8" to narrow and needless to say it didnt work. This morning after much needed rest I built a new one with less pieces that looks just as good. I also got to the monitor mounts so that is all complete.
   Now I need to cut the 1/2" mdf for Javier's bartop top panel, and speaker panel so his marquee will have some more room. Hopefully by this weekend the laminte, painting, speakers, joys and button holes will be done. Almost time for the computers and artwork. Keep checking in on this im working really hard to make these really amazing bartops, and with the help of Javiers computer skills and artwork design I think we will accomplish that.  :cheers:

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 07:32:39 pm »

almost forgot the video  :banghead:

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 10:13:43 pm »
This is the final control panel layout I will use.

Mysteriozone

• Offline Offline
    • Dave Millican Belts
Re: 2 BARTOP arcades Midway mock up Woodworking 90% done
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 09:08:10 pm »
Just got the other monitor today and some ps/2 extension cables, I will get a usb hub tomorrow and we will have everything we need. Can't wait to see he cabs!

mwong168

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 09:24:53 pm »
I already have Maximus arcade frontend but hyperspin has really caught my eye do you guys have anything to say about hyperspin... Pros and cons.

I am a long time (1.5 year) user of Maximus Arcade and found the ease of setup to be very simple and got this up and running very quickly.  I tried Hyperspin a few months ago and couldn't quite figure it out or give it the time it deserves to setup properly.  I spent some time (at work hehehe) playing around with it and finally got it figured out a few weeks ago.  At first glace Maximus looks great but when put side by side with Hyperspin I think most will prefer the look and feel of it or at least I do.  But in terms of ease of setup I would give it to Maximus Arcade.  Hyperspin does seem a bit more resource intensive and requires a bit more processing power to run.  I know this because I couldn't get Hyperspin to even start up on my bartop ITX 1.6Ghz single core atom processor where as Maximus runs pretty good on it.  Another con for me for Hyperspin is there are some themes not available for some roms I have :(  Next thing I have to learn I guess is how to make my own themes otherwise my $10 donation was money well spent just like the $25 I spent on Maximus Arcade last year.  You really don't need to donate for Hyperspin to download but you it will take you forever waiting 3 minutes between each theme download for each ROM.

If you need some help setting it up let me know  ;)

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 10:37:23 pm »
     Yeah Mwong168 we are just going to stick with maximus since we both know it already, and it will be easy to setup. We downloaded all the preview movies from emumovies, and mysteriozone is going to have the computer boot right into mame with the intro video playing. I want to get the screensaver on maximus to play different game preview clips.
    I actually brought a dumpster home from work today (I drive a roll off truck) so I just worked on cleaning my garage a bit no arcade progress to share :-\. Hopefully tomorrow ill get the laminate done. I appreciate you lending a hand mwong168.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:43:50 pm by bigpete405 »

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 09:20:38 pm »
Today, I got to laminate the side panels, and control panels on each cabinet. Laminating was a blessing in disguise. The finish is superb compared to painting, and I couldn't be more happy... it definitely added a professional aspect to the build. I would highly recommend laminating over painting when possible. This was my first time laminating and it came out perfect it wasn't hard to do. Tomorrow, hopefully I will get lexan cut for the marquee's, cp overlays, bezel, and drill the holes for the buttons. :cheers:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:09:35 pm by bigpete405 »

saleem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2012, 08:03:39 am
Re: 2 BARTOP arcades Midway mock up LAMINATE DONE
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 07:33:22 am »
you got small areas to laminate,the area you did was like quarter of a cab,it might be an whole different ball game if you had to do a whole cab side.i am stuck in the middle of making descisions and was thinking about going for laminate but,3 sheets are £95 and thats cheap,unfortunately i live in united kingdom and we can expect to pay an hefty premium for laminate.we cant just pop out to home bargains and buy it.it is like rocking horse s**t here and only specialists stock it and they are hard enough to find.
:)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:47:21 am by saleem »

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:15 am »
    I here you Saleem on it being hard to find no home depot or lowes sold plain black laminate on Long Island where I live, I had to go to custom cabinet makers to get it. One guy wanted to charge me $88 a sheet, I got lucky and found a cool guy to charge me $50 and he cut it to the size I wanted.
    The only difference I see between laminating the bartops or a large cabinet like my Mortal Kombats would be the money factor since I would need 3 sheets at $50 a pop, and the adhesive I would need probably 2 maybe 3 cans and that's $12 a can, that right there is $124 more,I spent $64 on the bartops. But as far as it being more difficult I don't see any problems although I would need help from someone else to carry the sheet. When I applied full side art to my Mk3 Mame I did it with the cab standing up and didn't get any bubbles in it, and that stuff you is very thin and easy to catch bubbles with, the laminate on the other hand is almost impossible to get bubbles unless you tried to twist and move it once its down.
   I hope you can find the laminate in the UK, it really gives the arcades a professional feel. If you can't get the laminate bring the arcade to a paint shop and have it professionally painted the finish will be just as good... thats if you have a way to transport the cab, but thats always an option if its cheap enough. :cheers:

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 04:25:35 pm »
   Quick update.Today I cut the half 1/2" mdf for Javier's top panel, and speaker panel, laminated top panel's instead of painting, cut 3/4x3/4 angle aluminum for marquee hold down, painted front of control panels, painted speaker panels, painted aluminum marquee hold downs, and primed front bottom panel of cabinets ready for black paint. Next up is to drill speaker holes, cut lexan for cp's and marquee's, then I can work inside my house on the clean part of the build wiring. :blah: lol I'm rambling because :dizzy: I'm shot.. Next update this weekend. Here are some pics from today  :cheers:
   Picture 55, and 59 are of the speaker panels, and marquee hold downs drying over the heater.. it works great.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:21:59 am by bigpete405 »

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
Re: 2 BARTOP arcades, Midway mock up Thinking of a name? BarTopia?
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 07:50:27 pm »
   Whats going on in Byoac? What do you think about the name "Bartopia" for the bartop's I'm building.  :cheers:

Mysteriozone

• Offline Offline
    • Dave Millican Belts
Re: 2 BARTOP arcades, Midway mock up Thinking of a name? BarTop-ia?
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 10:39:47 am »
How about BARcade  8) Mine will be nicknamed MKII Jr or Mini Mame.

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 07:42:15 pm »
   Quick update, drilled out holes in cp and plexi, and finished marquee groove, plexi, and hold down. I need different hardware, those screws were all I had.
   I receive a broken computer today that I ordered on eBay :timebomb:  :applaud:... so lets see if the seller does the right thing by me :dunno. Listen to how loud the cooling fan is in the video  :laugh2: I never heard anything remotely close to that loud on a computer before.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:57:24 am by bigpete405 »

IG-88

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 08:56:23 pm »
That fricken fan sounds like a shop vac!  :laugh2: I thought it was going to take off flying or something. That was f-ing hilarious!

I am sorry your computer didn't work tho. Did it give any beeps or anything when it boots? If not you may be in trouble.

If you don't want to post it send me a PM on who sold that to you.....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:57:58 pm by IG-88 »
-HarumaN

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 09:29:02 pm »
No beeps, noises, or lights just a super loud fan .

Mysteriozone

• Offline Offline
    • Dave Millican Belts
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 07:13:46 am »
If you have time bring it by this weekend and I will take a look at it. Maybe it's something that I can fix easily, just send me a text. It didn't snow at all over here.

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
Re: 2 BARTOP arcades, Midway mock up BarTop-ia or BarCade
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 11:50:26 pm »
Returning the computer Monday, I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting next though.. Replacement from the same company, or tigerdirect.

bigpete405

• Offline Offline
Re: 2 BARTOP arcades, Midway mock up BarTop-ia or BarCade
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 06:54:30 pm »
    Almost ready to move the cabinets into the house for the cleaner part of the building process  :applaud:,IE monitor mounting, wiring control panel, mounting computers, installing marquee light, installing a arcade button for master power on and off, and anything else that goes along with it.
   These two cabs have taken me a really long time time prime, sand, and paint, and clear certain parts.. for a relatively small area compared to my full size cabs I built in the past its taken at lease triple the amount of time, hopefully it pays off in the quality of the paint job when they are finished. I had some set backs along way such as spraying to much clear on one of the control panels and having to go back and completely sand it down and use paint thinner to fix it  :angry:. I decided not to paint the entire inside of the cab since all its doing is wasting paint and primer, that otherwise will never be seen once they are complete.
   I installed the lighted coin button from groovygamegear.com. If you decide to install one of these use a 1'' drill bit, not your standard 1 1/8'' it will be to big.. I'm glad I tried on some scrap mdf before actually drilling into the cab, also to take the button assembly apart is a little tricky you have to twist the clearish assembly the goes into the actually button housing where the microswitch attaches too and carefully pull apart. BECAREFUL. here are some new pics from today, they don't look that much different because you cant pick up on the clear coating.  :cheers: