Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [ US / IA / Dubuque (WILL SHIP) ] Console and asst'd stuff, cleaning sale!  (Read 5398 times)

saurian333

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2014, 07:58:21 pm
  • "They must've spent tens of dollars on this."
    • My b(uild)log
OK, it's time for a BAG SALE!  Each pic below represents a bag (or box) being sold as a single lot.  If someone really wants just one item out of a lot, shoot me a message and we'll see about working something out.

UPDATE: This stuff has to go by the end of the month; I'm thinking 2 more weeks.  So I'm going to say everything not spoken for by 1/22/10 is going elsewhere.  Anything paid for by that time will ship between 1/25 and 1/27.  If you've spoken for an item, I won't hold it past 1/30 unless we've made other arrangements.

UPDATE, 1/15: I'm extending this into February.  I've got stuff going on, and my work schedule is changing.  Fortunately, my schedule will be regular from week to week now, so I can guarantee my shipments will go out between Thursday - Saturday of any given week.  See a few lowered prices as well!

UPDATE, 1/22: Good and bad news.  Bad: I changed the GameCube's price back to $25.  Good:  I found the A/V adapter!  I really feel that a complete GC is easily worth $25, thus the increase.  But again, if no one bites, I am taking reasonable offers.  Lowered a couple more prices.

UPDATE, 1/30: Lowered a couple of prices, removed an item from Bag 12.

I'm cleaning out the basement and dumping a bunch of game-related stuff I've collected over the years.  Kind of sad to part with some of it, but it's time to let go of duplicates and "parts only" items, and stuff I'll never use again.  Some of this was destined for eBay, but I thought I'd give people here first crack at it.

I'd prefer to have these things picked up if you're somewhat local, but I don't mind shipping if you're willing to pay for it.  I can't make guarantees against items taking further damage in shipping, but I do try to pack things well when I ship.

I'm willing to take trades too!  If I have something you want, and you have spare arcade control parts OR console items I'm looking for (list at bottom), let me know!

All consoles/games are US/NTSC.

Without further ado:

Bag 1: $10 $8 SOLD! Nintendo 64, no power supply.  Works great.  Includes RF adapter, controller, expansion pak, memory card, and Star Wars Racer game.

Bag 2: $10 $9 $8 TRADED! Assorted accessories.  GameBoy/GBA stuff, PSX and Xbox card readers, etc.  Most items untested, NES RF adapter is damaged (wire broken).

Bag 3: $25 Gamecube.  Works great, looks like new.  1 original and *Removed 2/13: added to another trade!* one 3rd party controller.  Power and A/V adapter included.

Bag 4: $18 SOLD! Model 2 Genesis, COMPLETE.  Works great.  3rd party/3-button and original/6-button controllers.  Sonic 2 and Light Crusader games.

Bag 5: $18 TRADED! 2 Dreamcasts, consoles only.  White one works great but one side of lid hinge is broken.  Black "Sega Sports" one is untested; somewhat rare, but doesn't seem to sell for much more than regular ones.

Bag 6: $14 $12 TRADED! 2 NES, consoles only.  The labeled one (my label) has a worn 72-pin connector which works, but games fit loosely; think there are some loose or missing screws as well.  Pretty sure the other one works as well, but can't promise 100%.

Bag 7: $12 SOLD! Dell Inspiron laptop.  233MHz (or was it 266?), 80MB RAM, small-ish HDD (20GB?).  Broken latch and a couple other missing parts, but runs like a champ (albeit slowly).  Battery even holds a charge, but only lasts about 30-45 minutes last time I checked.  Adapter is jury-rigged to all hell, but it works (wire had broken, I tried fixing about 3 times and finally got it to stay put with a lot plastic and crap).  Case included.

Bag 8: $16 $14 $12 4 PSX, consoles only.  For parts or repair.  One of these just needs a CD spindle and should work, (top right, that's my label on it; other labels are not mine).  2 of these are the early models with composite A/V ports on back; IIRC, those are for watching VCDs.

Bag 9: $12 $9 Assorted consoles, no accessories.  Sega Game Gear (not working, I believe), Sega Pico (untested), TurboGrafx 16 (not working, AFAIK).

Bag 10: $15 SOLD! PSOne, no A/V cable.  99.9% sure this is working.  Power adapter, Dualshock, multitap.  Can test if you're interested; might be able to dig up an A/V cable.

Bag 11: $10 2 DVD players.  That goofy-looking one is untested.  It's branded with the Yahoo! logo (:dunno).  No power adapter, comes with A/V cable that should work (miniplug style, like a portable player).  The black one is a Toshiba that should still work; GREAT player with composite/S-video/componnent video ouputs and optical audio output.

Bag 12: $9 $7 $5 Miscellaneous games.  That giant gun contraption I believe projects targets on the wall, pretty sure it works.  The rest are untested:  LCD "Happy Meal" and cereal-box games, (1/20: LCD games sold with another lot, reduced price of this lot) a plug-n-play TV game, (1/30: removed this item, reduced price again) and an Atari 2600 "Combat" cartridge...not sure what that's doing there. :dunno  EDIT 1/30: Have a couple more 2600 carts I could throw in if you're interested; just common ones, nothing special.
Removed 1/30 EDIT: Now that I think about it, the plug-n-play game (looks like a gamepad in the pic) was definitely working when I got it, so you might consider that tested.  I could check it easily enough if it makes a difference.  Don't remember the game list, pretty sure there were Galaga/Defender clones and the like.

Bag 13: $21 $19 Miscellaneous controllers.  Some of these work, some don't, some untested.  I know the blue Gravis USB pad works but is kind of finicky.  Sidewinder worked last time I tried it, years ago.  NES pad just needs to be cleaned, but screwheads got stripped out. *Removed 2/13: added to another trade!*  2600 paddle works but is missing a knob.  Others unknown (or I can't remember).  There are two more 2600 joysticks as well, couldn't fit them in the pic.

Feel free to make an offer on any of these lots; I'll especially consider discounts on multiple lots.

UPDATE, 1/15:  I've dug up a couple more things in various boxes/closets.  If you claim a lot before the price drops, you might get a BONUS item if I have one that's appropriate!
EDIT, 1/22:  Prices are almost all dropped now, so never mind that.  Consider the bonus items randomly distributed. :)  I will let you know if I have anything extra to include before you pay.

If you are in pickup range and would like to take the whole works, make me an offer!

That's all for now.  Let me know if you're interested.

Things I might take in trade:

Arcade:
  pushbuttons
  sticks
  I-PAC/KeyWiz

Console:
  ColecoVision games (any)
  TG16 controller
  Atari Jaguar system

I'll consider console items (other than games) in any condition; I consider repair part of my hobby. :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:22:38 am by saurian333 »

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log
Re: [ US / IA / Dubuque ] Console and asst'd stuff, cleaning sale!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:33:48 pm »
:bump  (one item sold, other updates and edits)

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log
~BUMP

Extended date, lowered some prices, random bonuses!

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
pm sent on bag 5

Mauzy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2020, 11:51:27 am
pm on Bag 1 in your inbox, OP
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html

Im waiting on his reply about 1 and 4 shipped to 19713....

EDIT: I'd prolly get 10 if it had an AV cable....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:19:18 pm by Malenko »
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Mauzy

• Offline Offline

Crap! I'm never fast enough.  ;D
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log

Actually, Malenko, I don't have a PM from you...?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline

Actually, Malenko, I don't have a PM from you...?

I know I sent one, like a day after you posted this. Anyways, if Mauzy has dibs, thats the way the cookie crumbles. I'd still be interested in 4 and 10 if you found an AV cable for 10

Mauzy

• Offline Offline
Got the package today! Thanks again!

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log
Re: [ US / IA / Dubuque (WILL SHIP) ] Console and asst'd stuff, cleaning sale!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 07:16:18 pm »
Got the package today! Thanks again!

Sweet, glad you got it quickly.  Enjoy! :)

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 09:28:25 pm »
BUMPed for updates. :)

Marked items that have been paid (or spoken) for as SOLD, modified listing for Bag 12.

I'm being traded some controls for the Dreamcasts!  :D  I still need, for my current project:  A KeyWiz or I-PAC, a number of Happ buttons (black, green, blue, start), and another black Happ Comp stick (I guess the Euro and Super look similar enough to match, from what I can tell).  If you have any of these, I'll trade based roughly on GGG's prices.  I'll consider parts that I don't need for the project as well, if I think I can use them later.  And, of course, the console stuff mentioned in the OP. :)

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 12:23:20 am »
BUMPed for another update.  Found an A/V cable for the GC!

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 02:27:34 pm »
Made edits yesterday and forgot to bump.  ::)

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 05:01:24 pm »
got my package, very satisfied ! Shipping took a little while, but that wasnt sellers fault the post office just sucks =)

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 01:25:30 am »
:bump  Update!
Two lots traded away, a couple of items removed from lots for the trade.  I'll be "remodeling" this thread soon; the stuff that's gone will move into the second post, and lots that have been modified will have items blacked out in the pics or something.  I might split a couple of these up too, since there aren't so many lots left.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 10:31:53 am »
Hey, just a note, I tested both Dreamcasts this morning, and both work!   :cheers:

saurian333

• Offline Offline
    • My b(uild)log
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 01:53:59 pm »
Sweet!  Like I said, I knew the one with the busted lid was working, but hadn't checked the other.  Glad to hear it. :)

You'll be seeing your traded controls in my build very soon.  I got the rest of my parts a couple days ago, and I'm ready to start wiring!