Main > Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Forum

Jukebox Title Strip Software

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dennis Downing Jr:
Ladies and Gentleman, I am doing a little test here.. I'm sure some of you out there have looked into purchasing Jukebox Create-A-Label and thought twice about it... maybe because you are not sure if it is worth the price... maybe because you are not sure of the capabilities of the software.... maybe because you only need to print 1 or 2 title strips in order to fill your jukebox. Whatever the case.. I have the solution!!!

I have released a version of Jukebox Create-A-Label FREE.. This is a version of the same software that you can pay for but it is limited to what it can do... You can only print 10 title strips at a time, the database is limited to 10 entries and you can only choose 1 title strip design. All of the other features are visible so you can see what the paid version looks like.. I hope anyone who before couldn't decide to purchase the software can finally make the decision to purchase their own copy!!

_) (V) (-):
Sounds interesting, and I just happen to have a need to print some Halloween ones.
Where can we try it?

Dennis Downing Jr:

--- Quote from: _) (V) (-) on October 06, 2010, 09:30:07 am ---Sounds interesting, and I just happen to have a need to print some Halloween ones.
Where can we try it?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your interest in Jukebox Create-A-Label.. You can go to the website for a free download. (http://www.jukestrips.com) ...
Only thing is the free version of the software is for people to get a feel for how the software looks and operates. You can only choose one title strip to print.. It is the default purple strip. If you are satisfied with the software you can download the full version which allows you to choose from over 150 title strips, including Halloween, Christmas, 4th of July, etc.
Thank you again for your interest in the software! Enjoy it!!

Dennis Downing Jr.

_) (V) (-):
Hi Dennis,
I finally got the software setup and gave it a look. (website was a little confusing at first)
Seems like a nice simple program, with several style options and all the common color variants.

Can it be set to print more than only 10 strips per page or is that just a limit in the free version?
Seems like a waste of paper when I'm used to printing 20 per page.

Would be nice to have some control over the areas included for shading and maybe the ability adjust the colors tones. (Gradients would be really cool!) I like the use of Windows TT fonts, them narrow ones are great for the really long song titles. How about the ability of adding .jpg clip art onto the holiday tags? You could do custom artists tags or maybe even use album cover art, that would be sweet.

Your database option intrigues me. Any plans to incorporate an import/export option from other programs, like MS Excel?  I've spent years typing all of our 45's into Excel, (over 9000 and still growing), would hate to have to redo all of that.

I suppose accommodating everyones wishes is a bit outside the scope of your intent. Don't take these comments as complaints, it's not a bad program, I just wish it had a little bit more 'fine tunning' ability to it. The ability to read in from existing databases would defiantly make it more appealing for me to use.

Thanks
_)

Dennis Downing Jr:

--- Quote from: _) (V) (-) on October 08, 2010, 11:56:43 am ---Hi Dennis,
I finally got the software setup and gave it a look. (website was a little confusing at first)
Seems like a nice simple program, with several style options and all the common color variants.

Can it be set to print more than only 10 strips per page or is that just a limit in the free version?
Seems like a waste of paper when I'm used to printing 20 per page.

Would be nice to have some control over the areas included for shading and maybe the ability adjust the colors tones. (Gradients would be really cool!) I like the use of Windows TT fonts, them narrow ones are great for the really long song titles. How about the ability of adding .jpg clip art onto the holiday tags? You could do custom artists tags or maybe even use album cover art, that would be sweet.

Your database option intrigues me. Any plans to incorporate an import/export option from other programs, like MS Excel?  I've spent years typing all of our 45's into Excel, (over 9000 and still growing), would hate to have to redo all of that.

I suppose accommodating everyones wishes is a bit outside the scope of your intent. Don't take these comments as complaints, it's not a bad program, I just wish it had a little bit more 'fine tuning' ability to it. The ability to read in from existing databases would defiantly make it more appealing for me to use.

Thanks
_)

--- End quote ---

I would like to say thank you for your review of Jukebox Create-a-Label.  Many people have purchased our software and downloaded the free version.  I encourage people to leave comments on the website but, most end up being very brief.  You are one of the few who has ever given me an awesome review. I really appreciate that.

To address some of your concerns/comments:

Software Functionality

I agree with you on all of your points in which you have made. I created this software for my dad to replace the missing labels for his various jukeboxes.  My aim during the creation of the software was to make it simple for the user while maintaining full functionality.  I believe that with more bells and whistles comes more confusion about operation of the program. I think people are getting a tremendous bargain with the software. $10 for software which you can print as many title strips as you would like sure beats a company on a very popular online auction website offering 100 title strips for $12.  I was told by family and friends to charge more for the software, but I don’t think people should have to pay a lot of money just to print out a few labels.

Wasting paper

Both versions (free & paid) can only print 10 title strips per page. This was not a limitation of the software it was a limitation of the programmer. I searched high and low for an implementation of the code that would produce the results you write about, however the only code that I found (which would work) printed the visible area on the screen. Maybe one day I will open up the source and see if I can't replace this code with a more efficient one, but to be honest, that would mean reworking the whole program, tons of work for me, and ultimately, a more expensive program.  Saving paper wasn’t a major concern when writing the software because the original purpose was for printing out the missing labels in your collection.  I am flattered that people are using the software to print labels for their entire collection, but it was not my original intent.

All of the title strips in the software are fixed images that I created myself using a general image editor.  Adding functionality into the software that would change the design of the labels would be very complex.  I like the idea of being able to add a gradient, but the gradient would have to be created and then integrated into the program as a static image.

I added the functionality of changing the font style, color, size etc. because of a customer who couldn't print a title strip because the name of the "Side 1" was too long. I spent a whole bunch of hours reworking the software because I felt that this was easy enough to implement and it would be very useful to the Jukebox Create-A-Label audience.

The Database

YOU ARE 100% right... Once again I was ripping the rest of his hair out trying to implement this code. I wanted to use (.csv) file from the beginning which would make everyone's life (including mine) much easier.  After lots of time spent trying to figure this out, I cut my losses and designed a database myself.  It works well and many of the testers liked the functionality.  This is something on my top 10 list for sure, however I'm a little busy with work right now so this will have to wait without an ETA.. But if I can implement this database code where you can use MS excel the software would be 1000% better in my opinion..

Once again thank you for this software review.  I appreciate everyone’s feedback and make note of important features you all would like to see in the future.  It moves me to see the program I made for Dad, used by so many different people.  

Dennis Downing Jr.
http://www.jukestrips.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version