Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Marvel Vs Capcom Renovations - UPDATED 05-24, CP WORKING  (Read 7177 times)

WhereEaglesDare

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2014, 08:47:08 pm
  • Shut Off All The Compactors on the Detention Level
    • My HomePage
Thought I hadn't seen anything from DataEast in a long while, figured I just got of the loop...   :dunno

I adjusted the screen with a mirror and I tuned the colors contract, BLC, etc but it still looks dim with a light in the room, with lights off it looks better, but not as good as you would expect.  Someone mention I could get a kit for it, to replace the Caps, it has a 2006 date on the chassis, so it could very well be a "refurbished" screen.

I did notice it looked like the sides with curving in, if I remember right that means the Flyback is going out, or it could be the Amplifying transistor...  Wish I still had my Oscilloscope :( 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 03:03:58 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

eclipso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2018, 08:51:25 am
And the color of the board is important also, blue is US, green is JP, gold / yellow is Asia and orange is Brazil I think. The A boards are region specific so if you plan on buying additional B boards they need to be the blue US ones unless you buy a region specific A board to go with w/e region you would like. Maybe you should take some pics of the monitor and post them over in the monitor section and see what those wizards say about it. I still think I would start with a cap kit but I am far from as skilled at diagnosing monitors like those guys.

Mauzy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2020, 11:51:27 am
You bet, my wife if making me come to bed and stop fooling around with this thing, but wow.   Thats Operators Manual helped out a lot too, the game is suppose to have 6 button for each player, but only has 5 for whatever reason, its missing a medium kick on eachl but now I can wire it in, add a button and voila!  Thanks so much.

Congrats on finding a great game! I remember reading my first operators manual. It was for Mortal Kombat II and every page was magical!
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
UPDATE, adjusted it again and it looks great with the lights off, but with the lights on it looks not great but a lot better and now it is totally playable with the lights on, id think it would be but it is 11 at night so have to see tomorrow.

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
Here is a pic of the cab sat up with the tube adjusted with my new Nintendo Sign also!

eclipso

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2018, 08:51:25 am
looks good and I love the sign. You have a chance to check out the CP and see if the other holes are there yet? I am totally curious about that.

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
Thanks. 

I hadnt taken it off yet,  On the inside though you can see the holes, they were filled, but they were there.

Mauzy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2020, 11:51:27 am
Nice sign! Where'd ya get it?  ;D
"Son, all hobbies suck. But if you keep at it, you might find you managed to kill some precious time."

romshark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 02:50:59 pm
  • Arcade and Robotics enthusiast

He found it at an Antique Mall.

Read the whole story, plus video, at
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=101631.0

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage

He found it at an Antique Mall.

Read the whole story, plus video, at
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=101631.0

Thanks, yea found it at the antique mall, I was looking for some real cool Superman action figures at the place and spent about an hour looking and I found this one shop there that had both the sign and the totally awesome superman figures, the figures were only 60 cent each, we got a bunch of them, I let him get as many as he could carry.  The guy works at Toys R Us and he says he has a ton of the old video game nintendo memorabilia like the pins and other display pieces.  I got his number, Im gonna get a few hundred together and just wipe his collection out    :) :)

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
Okay, update time... I'm parting it out and going to turn it into a MAME Cab.  This is why I have been asking a lot of monitor questions.  I don't know if I wanna put a TV in it or repair the arcade monitor yet...

Over in the B/S/T Forum you'll find the thread if interested, I'm selling the JAMMA boards, the harness, the control panel, the marquee, and probably the screen.

So, now I'm starting the renovations.  Here is what I have so far on the new control panel.  It ain't much yet.  Gonna be two player with 7 buttons on each player.  Gonna try to get the plexi for it this week and get the sticks and buttons put in.  

Still looking for art concepts for it...  Any good ideas?  Got a few ideas.

-  Ghost Busters  -  World War 2 (Day of Defeat)
-  Fall Out 3        -  Team Fortress 2
-  US Presidents (George Washington Choke Slamming Lincoln)
-  Terminator 2    -  The Original Power Rangers from the Early 90s
-  The Tick
-  Ronald Reagan Vs. The Commies
      Reagan with a shirt and tie on, sleeves rolled up, two M-16s blowing away the Reds, leaning a stack of skulls.  Kinda like a Rambo style.

Just a few idea I have had... any other good ones out there or your vote on which I should use?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:09:20 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
Re: Please Move to Projects -- Marvel Vs Capcom Renovations
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2010, 03:25:44 pm »
Okay, had to take a break but here is an update.  I was able to sell the CPS game, harness, and marque, so now I had enough to get the parts I needed for the CP.  I could not decide what theme or colors to use, so my son picked it out for me, he picked blue and orange.  They are on their way from GGG!  I'll let yall know about my experience with him when I get them.

I cleaned up the coin doors and mechs.  I painted the door and cleaned the mechs, had to replace one of the switches, but now all four mechs work great.  I applied power to the lights using an ATX Power supply and found two of the bulbs are burned out, gotta order new bulbs, going to by autozone to see what they got.

I got the PC put together:  2GHz P4, 160 HDD, 512 MB RAM, NVIDIA 5200FX S-Video Out, running MAME 0135 with a current rom set with all the art and avi snaps.  Decided on GameEx because of it ease of setup, its ability to run on a lower end machine, play internet radio in attact mode, play movies (which I likely wont do much of but it is awesome that I could) etc,.  I did test out, MameWah, HyperSpin, MaLa, and AtomicFE and spent a day or two on each.  Hyperspin would have been a close second, but it requires more of a PC and I dont see why someone would buy a 500 dollar PC for a MAME Cab when most games will run on a P3.

I am going to replace the screen with a TV, I have a 27 in that I may use, still looking for a better option, I have a week or two until I want to have it all finished up.

Still havnt found art that I like yet, a poster would be easiest but the panel is 40 x 15 so that wont work, I got to get something specially printed.

I still have to get Plexi glass for both the Screen and the CP.

I dont know if I am going to redo all the TMOLDING or not, I bought some of the Cool Blue for the CP, we'll see how it works out.

Planning on adding some AIMTRAK Guns also, but Im gonna wait til I get the machine mostly running and put together.

Any ideas or suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 06:01:49 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
Re: Marvel Vs Capcom Renovations
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2010, 07:17:01 pm »
Here is the completed and powered up CoinDoor.  The orginal bulbs were for a car's instrumentation panel.  (#161 $5 for a two pack)  so I put in generic BRAKE lights! ($2 for a two pack)  Yea, they are a lot brighter than the originals.  So now it is done, scratched off the stickers, painted it with flat black and then some super high gloss clear spray paint.  Rewired the whole thing, changed the terminals out, and fixed it so the left 2 are for a player 1 coin, and the right 2 are for a player 2 coin.  All four are operational.

Edit:  And I got a new lock for it, havnt installed it yet, until I get the cab finished but thats another thing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:18:34 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
Re: Marvel Vs Capcom Renovations
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2010, 05:51:25 pm »
Started tearing it down, posting pics for other Noobs like me can see what the inside kinda looks like.

1 - Screen with Wood Bezel
2 - Screen without bezel, I guess it will pull out through the front
3 - Marquee Holding Bracket
4 - Without the Marquee
5 - Kick Harness  For Malenko
6 - Marquee and CPS2 Cart - Again for Malenko
7 - Counter  Could I rewind the numbers on this counter?

I am going to pull the monitor out and put in a TV so I'll post pics of that as well, looking to do it tonight.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:01:18 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
Re: Marvel Vs Capcom Renovations - STARTING THE TEAR DOWN
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2010, 11:04:54 pm »
slammed the new blank panel on there to make sure it fits... like a glove!

TEKNYNE

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 12:21:20 am »
One vote For Reagan VS Commies!

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 10:45:19 am »
One vote For Reagan VS Commies!

Id love to that one, gotta find someone who will do the art though

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
Re: Marvel Vs Capcom Renovations - TV & PC MOUNTED
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2010, 06:03:23 pm »
Okay installed a 27" sharp TV.  Had to make bracket extensions for it to mount correctly.  I put the bracket on the back of the tvs bracket so if the bolt came loose the bracket would hold it up.  I also added a shelf to hold the TVs component board.  Everything went fairly smooth, had trouble getting the anode back into the tube. 

I rigged the power button to stay pushed down using a peice of cardboard and a ziptie.  Looking at it i need to trim the cardboard it is too close to a transformer...  can you say fire? 

Now I just gotta wait on my order from GGG to get here, it was shipped on Thursday so, maybe I'll get it tomorrow, I hope!  I could be playing some MK3 tomorrow night!

1 - New TV Installed
2 - TVs New Mounting Brackets
3 - Shelf and component board
4 - TV power button on the board
5 - Held down with cardboard and ziptie.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:12:55 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

emphatic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:28:32 pm
  • -"Suck it, Donny!" -"No, YOU suck it.... more".
    • Emphatic's Video Game Collection
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2010, 08:35:31 am »
Wow, that TV is a perfect fit.  :cheers:

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2010, 10:49:33 am »
almost...  Its 27" and looks a billion times better than the arcade monitor that was in there.  I think I may fix the monitor to put in a cab in the future.  I still got the power supply and the JAMMA cable so all I need is a board.

Perhaps a cocktail cabinet is in the making with this one...  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:18:06 pm by WhereEaglesDare »

WhereEaglesDare

• Offline Offline
    • My HomePage
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2010, 07:31:17 pm »
Okay, Update....  got my new panel working, blue and orange theme.  Using Keywiz, I am having some issues with it, but overall it is working.  I created a Back To The Future Theme for GameEx, with movie sounds and such.  Put in my fixed coin door, etc.  Its working and I love it.  Its been running now for about a week, but my wife made me put up this above ground pool and I hated every second of putting that thing up, its was such a pain.  Anyways, here is some pics, still got to get some artwork put together for it,  I have the t molding, but havnt put it on cuz im waiting for the artwork.

I added two admin buttons on the back of the panel, the top one is the SHAZAAAAAM button and the other is my pause, shazamed  speed up game button.  Tab, Enter, Esc, are all on the top [anel when you push the SHAZAAAAM button.

If interested in the BTTF theme for GameEx just PM me your email.